Today I...

JoystickMonkeyJoystickMonkey Posts: 861 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in TL2 General Discussions
Added sounds to moving gears in a dungeon set, added sounds to guards that block your path in act 1's town, identified balance issues in the first part of act 2 for elite difficulty, set up eggs for you guys to smash, decorated area containing said eggs.
Runic Level Design
Teaching my Headcrab the finer points of necromancy.

Comments

• IronyIrony Posts: 1,078
    Are they dragon eggs? Or, like, regular chicken eggs? (if its the latter then you guys must really be getting bored lol)
    paragraphic.tumblr.com
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭
    Cue someone complaining about how Runic "delayed TL2 to add breakable eggs".
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
    Arkham wrote:
    Cue someone complaining about how Runic "delayed TL2 to add breakable eggs".

Hope this is the next piece on Joystiq.
    paragraphic.tumblr.com
  • I fully expect colorful easter eggs now.
  • CatchafireCatchafire Posts: 244
    I don't mean to be rude, but is this a joke/troll post?
  • GraeystoneGraeystone Posts: 1,545
    Irony wrote:
    Are they dragon eggs? Or, like, regular chicken eggs? (if its the latter then you guys must really be getting bored lol)
    Chicken Dragon Eggs!
  • GlassGlass Posts: 613
    I'm curious as to what the balance issue entailed.
    And who are you, the proud lord said,
    that I must bow so low?
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭
    Nope. We've been getting weekly 'treats' in the forum of the devs giving us an idea on just the kinds of things they're doing/how hard they're working. This way people don't think they're just sitting around twiddling their thumbs. See the 'Not a blog' stickys for a better idea of what I mean.

The stuff that goes into polishing the game will seem boring to most people not fascinated with game design, but it's very important work none the less. The 'eggs' are obviously easter eggs.
    ItfooQF.png
  • Me likey smashables yomyomyom
  • JoystickMonkeyJoystickMonkey Posts: 861 ✭✭✭✭
    Not a troll post. Some people have been pretty vocal about wanting to know what we've been up to. The eggs are literal eggs for a specific quest, by the way.
    Runic Level Design
  • LeftyLefty Posts: 70
    What did you eat for lunch?
  • Not a troll post. Some people have been pretty vocal about wanting to know what we've been up to. The eggs are literal eggs for a specific quest, by the way.
    I like the updates!
  • AmtemnAmtemn Posts: 436
    Not a troll post. Some people have been pretty vocal about wanting to know what we've been up to. The eggs are literal eggs for a specific quest, by the way.
    I like the updates!

Ditto!
  • JoystickMonkeyJoystickMonkey Posts: 861 ✭✭✭✭
    Lefty wrote:
    I believe lunch-based discussions belong in off-topic. :geek:
    Runic Level Design
    Lefty wrote:
    I believe lunch-based discussions belong in off-topic. :geek:

Careful, Cause I'm this close to making a topic on off topic called "What did JoystickMonkey have for lunch on July 24th, 2012?"
    paragraphic.tumblr.com
  • dacckondacckon Posts: 493
    Well... there's nothing wrong with smashing eggs.

As long as no creeps crawl out of it and start attacking my hero's face. :twisted:
  • HahaloHahalo Posts: 349
    Oh no! Now you're obligated to have daily update of "Today I..." :P
  • AeydonAeydon Posts: 570
    Hahalo wrote:
    Oh no! Now you're obligated to have daily update of "Today I..." :P

Today I... Redux DCLXXX
  • StayStay Posts: 28
    I can see why people would see this as a troll post but I appreciate being able to read even small things relating to the games development. It helps keep the impatience to have the game ready in check.
  • turnipzturnipz Posts: 1,308
    You guys should make the passive skills toggle-able as auras, even if you need to -50% the bonus on them, I think this would be magnitudes more fun than straight passives; and I want to make a pet focused class. Welp, If your in the polishing phase anyways its just a request I had. :D
  • LavaSquidLavaSquid Posts: 16
    Egg.

Eggs everywhere!
    095956448fc96ca7.png
  • FarnhamFarnham Posts: 564
    well, you cant make an omelet without breaking a few hundred endangered species eggs.
    2gx44kg.jpg
  • blackout23blackout23 Posts: 178
    I'll take the eggs as a sign that TL2 will be released Easter 2013. :cry:
  • set up eggs for you guys to smash, decorated area containing said eggs.

InB4LEROY JENKINS Title.
    M2qI5.jpg
    I love you Bulwarkcoco. Passionately.
  • PanicPandaPanicPanda Posts: 107
    oh.. I like smashing egg.. with hammer!
  • IngmartinIngmartin Posts: 860
    Farnham wrote:
    well, you cant make an omelet without breaking a few hundred endangered species eggs.

Mmmmm...Dodo Bird frittata. Those were the days. ;)
    71da2ebb.png
    You left me standing in the aftermath of World War 8, Staring straight ahead at imposing gates, With a sign that read “Unsafe To Play”.
  • I also like these small updates. In fact I like small, regular updates more than large updates that only take place every three weeks or so.
  • forevernomadforevernomad Posts: 715
    Love these little things you guys are up to while the bigger stuff is still on going, every little thing adds to the game and I appreciate the time you took just to let us know.

Interested in the sounds though, was it that the gears were silent or did you just not like the sound that was there already?
    Runic Forums at its finest:
    Video not working.
    You probably have to press the play-Button.
  • FarnhamFarnham Posts: 564
    elite difficulty

is that like new game+++?
    2gx44kg.jpg
  • AirMageAirMage Posts: 173
    Farnham wrote:
    elite difficulty

is that like new game+++?
    sure ;)