Crypt Hunters Priest Character Concept

kaylonkaylon Posts: 42
edited September 2009 in General Modding
I know that doing an entire new class is very hard and may even not be possible at all but for Crypt Hunters I'm at least going to try and do a new set of skills and spells for a priest class.

If it's doable I might try and plug in a new character model also.

This is my priest...well the concept for him anyway :)

priest01.jpg

K
chsiglogo02.png

Comments

• XanderXander Posts: 410
    Looks great man. If it were me, I would simply work off the Alchemist model, since the build of your concept is pretty similar in proportions and it looks like you're going for an art style similar to the actual game's.
    hereo.png
  • WebbstreWebbstre Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it looks cool. I'm loving the mod preparations going on lately :)
    Administrator/Former Owner of Runic Games Fansite. Be sure to visit RGF for all your Torchlight series needs![/color] Don't forget to check out ModDrop as a one stop solution for installing and sharing mods easily!
  • kaylonkaylon Posts: 42
    Ahh yeah the Alchemist would be a great start. I'll look into that once the tools etc are available. Might even be able to do a mesh swap as long as I set up a model the same as the Alchemist. If not I'll settle for a new texture set :D

K
    chsiglogo02.png
  • XanderXander Posts: 410
    kaylon wrote:
    Ahh yeah the Alchemist would be a great start. I'll look into that once the tools etc are available. Might even be able to do a mesh swap as long as I set up a model the same as the Alchemist. If not I'll settle for a new texture set :D

K

Well, you could always model out the Alchemist's hair. :)
    hereo.png
  • leoleezleoleez Posts: 276
    looks cool, dude ur like pro, seriously
    former mythos and D2 player
    UNs i've used: leoleez, leodaknight, leotheknight, zealotlee, etc.
  • JiPiJiPi Posts: 146
    kaylon wrote:
    I know that doing an entire new class is very hard and may even not be possible at all but for Crypt Hunters I'm at least going to try and do a new set of skills and spells for a priest class.

If it's doable I might try and plug in a new character model also.

This is my priest...well the concept for him anyway :)

priest01.jpg

K

Really nice ! I hope you'll be able to do what you want ! :)
  • hawknhawkn Posts: 8,348
    did you do that by hand and scan it onto your computer? wow.
    ...I most certainly am not the meanest person on these forums, I defer that position to hawkn. ~ AMB2010
    I7OBI.png
    Runic Games Fansite My Deviant
  • jamesLjamesL Posts: 3,568
    that looks a lot like the new diablo class
    the monk
    I don't have a sig
  • NeedlehawkNeedlehawk Posts: 914 ✭✭
    jamesL wrote:
    the monk

lol, I just came here from viewing the monk trailer, and was going to post the same thing. Of course, Kaylon came up with that picture a while ago, but it is funny how closely they resemble each other. :)
    kaylon what is crypt hunters? your mod or something different?
  • WebbstreWebbstre Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭
    He was going to make it into a game, but it looks like he plans on just making it a Total Conversion or something for Torchlight.
    http://torchlight-crypthunters.blogspot.com/
    Administrator/Former Owner of Runic Games Fansite. Be sure to visit RGF for all your Torchlight series needs![/color] Don't forget to check out ModDrop as a one stop solution for installing and sharing mods easily!
  • Originally CH was going to be a stand alone project using the Ogre engine and the NeoAxis tool set, however I've not managed to get any code support, and so I'm planning on using the story and concept and do a TC for TL. Hopefully everything I need to do can be done using the TL tools :)

I might then continue the project later on as larger franchise.

The development of Crypt hunters started years ago, but many things have stopped it from really picking up enough steam, mainly that I already work silly hours in the industry as an artist and don't have a huge amount of freetime to develop things to the scale I'd like.

I'm hoping the TL tool set will be flexible enough to allow me to prototype Crypt Hunters in the small amount of freetime that I have: ) and hopefully make a really cool little mod/tc for everyone to play :)

K
    chsiglogo02.png
  • jamesL wrote:
    the monk

I don't think they look alike at all....
    o thats cool! hope its gets much hype
  • JerichJerich Posts: 1,665
    This looks like a really fun game. I usually play a healer class first in most games.=P I will definitely try it out when you get a beta or alpha out. Will there be an option for the priest to go around and get experience healing NPCs that are fighting in the dungeon?

- Jerich