Created imageset file causing 'unhandled exception' on open.

weltdavweltdav Posts: 7
edited September 2012 in TorchED Community Help
After I create a new imageset file, when I open torched, I get an 'unhandled exception' error,the workspace tab is blank white , and I cannot access most of the menus because the error pops up again(if I click continue on the error, the menus don't come up and I'm left with the blank workspace tab.) If I delete the imageset file, everything works normally and the error is gone.

At first I thought I needed the dds file, so I downloaded a dds convertor and converted the png(I tried to use the texture sheet maker but I kept getting a message that it failed to convert the png to dds) I was using for the imageset. I also went in to the imageset file and changed the "image file=" to the dds(because texture sheet maker made it the png.) I also copied and pasted the code into wordpad and saved it as '.imageset' then moved it into the folder. None of this has worked.

The funny thing is, if torched is already open when I've made the imageset file(using the texture sheet maker), everything is fine, but if I close it and reopen it, I get the error and torched is messed up.

Comments

• ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    Two things come to mind.
    One, is your texture's resolution a power of two (e.g. 256x256, 512x512, 128x256, etc.)? Textures are supposed to adhere to the power of two rule, and programs that can save DDS files in particular often prevent you from making a DDS as anything but a resolution that is power of two, so the fact that the DDS converter failed to convert the PNG makes me suspect this first.

Second, I used to encounter this error when the .imageset file had a problem with it. If the first problem doesn't check out, try posting up the contents of the imageset file here on the forums (preferably using the [code] tag) and I can take a look at it.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Imageset Name= "imageicon" Imagefile="c:/program files/runic games/torched/media/ui/itemicons/imageicon.dds" NativeHorzRes="1024" NativeVertRes="768" AutoScaled="true" >
    <Image Name="baby" XPos="0" YPos="0" Width="134" Height="134" />
    <Image Name="babystuff" XPos="134" YPos="0" Width="100" Height="100" />
    <Image Name="diaper" XPos="234" YPos="0" Width="100" Height="97" />
    </Imageset>

my resolution would be 1024x768. I've tried changing the width and height too, that doesn't do anything either.
    Yes, the NativeHorzRes="1024" NativeVertRes="768" needs to stay unchanged. Just leave that part.

A few things occur to me:
    - Your image file points to an absolute path. You should probably try changing it to a relative path (basically, for Imagefile="c:/program files/runic games/torched/media/ui/itemicons/imageicon.dds", delete the part that says "c:/program files/runic games/torched" and see if that helps. I think those paths are supposed to start directly in the media folder).

- Your imageset name is set to "imageicon" which seems a little generic, and possibly, maybe, might conflict with the name of something else. Have you tried changing this to something different? (It doesn't have to be the same as the file name, by the way.) This is less likely but it's a possibility to consider.

- What is the width and height of the image file itself?
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:

• The png is 512x512.

Shortening the path did not work, nor did changing the filename.
    Did you change the file's name itself, or the Name= "imageicon" part? I meant to try changing the latter.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:

• I did both rename the file, and changed the"=filename.****", neither worked.
    I have to say I'm stumped, then. I don't know what else, other than the things I've mentioned, could cause either an imageset texture or imageset index file to cause this problem.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:

• Well, one thing I can do is, I can move the imageset file to another location before I open torched, then after it's open move the file back. Torched won't mess up, unless I try to open it with the file in the folder I have it in now. It'll be slightly tedious, but better than nothing.
    Another suggestion occurred to me: have you tried seeing how the itemset works in the game itself yet? Does the same problem occur there, or only in the editor?
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:

• I opened the game and didn't get any problems, but I haven't set up the quest that would use the imageset yet, so right now it's the editor.