Game ruined!

KoronKoron Posts: 51
edited November 2009 in TL General Discussions
I was so looking forward to having a marksman character and play with guns and rifles, then I found out that there is no male version of the Vanquisher class!

Is this suppose to be an RPG or not? I'm not a transsexual as most people aren't...

Why did you put female character in the first place, what the **** were you thinking, most RPG players are male, why did you make such an awful design decision?

P.S.
Rifles are suppose to have longer range by default, there is no point using them otherwise..

Comments

• O.o

Um...

Wow.

Troll go home?
  • Troll go home indeed.

Even when I have a choice of male and female characters for a toon, I go with whichever *I* think looks better for that class, and when I don't have a choice, oh well. It's a set of pixels on a screen, not a statement about my personal identity.
  • KoronKoron Posts: 51
    What seems to be the problem?
    You do know that Diablo 3 has male AND female versions of each class?
    And in almost every RPG you choose the **** from the start?
    What's up with the forced fake bewilderment?
    functional illiteracy or just stupidity?
    edited October 2009
    KindSimian wrote:
    It's a set of pixels on a screen, not a statement about my personal identity.

****, what an absolutely idiotic argument, why don't you just go play invaders or asteroids on a cellphone then...
    Sheesh!
  • - - * Sits in city chat naked * - -

"I r gurl irL. Sum 1 to be talking to meh."
  • gftgft Posts: 17
    You're kidding right? "Why did you put female character in the first place, what the **** were you thinking, most RPG players are male, why did you make such an awful design decision?"
  • 1) This isn't Diablo III
    2) This isn't Diablo III
    3) Diablo 1 & 2 had **** based classes
    4) This isn't 'just about any RPG'
    5) You talk about other peoples stupidity... yet you are the one who joins the forum just to post a tirade that makes no sense.
    6) This isn't Diablo III
    gft wrote:
    You're kidding right? "Why did you put female character in the first place, what the **** were you thinking, most RPG players are male, why did you make such an awful design decision?"

Are you suggesting that all those male players are transsexuals?

Because if you are suggesting that male players like to play female characters in an RPG that's just an erroneous baseless false-correlation assumption.
  • Koron wrote:
    gft wrote:

Are you suggesting that all those male players are transsexuals?

Because if you are suggesting that male players like to play female characters in an RPG that's just an erroneous assumption.

And your assumption that male players don't like playing female characters is bordering on idiotic; As is your implied idea that females don't play RPG - thats idiotic and sexist.
  • NukeninNukenin Posts: 157
    If anything I thought the gender choices a subtle nod at Diablo the first.

Runic could've been really ballsy (pardon the expression!) and gone with a female Destroyer, male Vanquisher, and female Alchemist. That'd have shivered yer timbers, wot?
  • projectproject Posts: 10
    edited October 2009
    guys,

he does have a valid point but the way it was brought up wasn't the way to do it. Of course there could have been a male/female version of all toons but it's the way the game was designed. The game is FAR from ruined because of this. If you feel uncomfortable playing as a female on a SINGLE player - OFFLINE game, don't do it?

Don't worry. We won't laugh at you. :roll:
    Choosing a toon that is different from your actual gender does not make you anything BUT.... a gamer
  • heronheron Posts: 637
    time and money prevented them from having both **** as playable.
    that said, the MMO will have both ****.
    you are now wiser. congrats!

Now go back and play the darn game.
  • Guys don't feed the trolls please. They only grow more annoying.
  • Ehm... I don't really know what to say... Most of the time I don't even care what I am playing - as long as it is fun. It's a "Role-Playing"-Game, so pull yourself together and play a role? How old are you? Do you really have such a big problem playing a woman (a hot one, I might add as well xD)?
  • yoobyoob Posts: 50
    i play destroyer cause he looks like me
  • InvernessInverness Posts: 160
    Runic didn't have the time and money to (or a need imho) to make content for both sexes for each class. Stop whining.
  • Koron wrote:
    KindSimian wrote:

****, what an absolutely idiotic argument

There's irony here, you just need to think a little harder.

What I said was empirically true and absolutely not deniable by anyone who should be allowed outside without supervision.

Did you rant when Sonic or Crash made you play as a hedge hog or a bandicoot? Were you outraged that the Tombraider series only allowed you to play not just a female, but a particular female? Was Tetris' lack of an avatar an automatic no-go for you? Were you incensed at being forced to be a plumber at Super Mario? Did the Amazon in Diablo 2 make you feel dirty after you played her for a while? :D

I mean, you're either being intentionally dense to see how riled up you can get others, or you really should seek help, because your entire premise is based on a very imbalanced and disassociated world view and immersing yourself in video games is clearly not the proper approach to gaining a better grasp of reality for you.
    So, basically, I can't play one of the main features of the game(marksmanship with firearms) because of a bizarre design decision to put prostitute-look-a-like as a class!
  • majohomajoho Posts: 102
    Koron wrote:
    I was so looking forward to having a marksman character and play with guns and rifles, then I found out that there is no male version of the Vanquisher class!

Is this suppose to be an RPG or not? I'm not a transsexual as most people aren't...

Why did you put female character in the first place, what the **** were you thinking, most RPG players are male, why did you make such an awful design decision?

P.S.
    Rifles are suppose to have longer range by default, there is no point using them otherwise..

Now that you mention it, do you even grasp the concept of RPG?

It's NOT to play an idealized version of yourself, it's to play a character that is NOT you - just like acting.
  • FrankyFranky Posts: 57
    KindSimian wrote:
    Koron wrote:
    KindSimian wrote:

****, what an absolutely idiotic argument

There's irony here, you just need to think a little harder.

What I said was empirically true and absolutely not deniable by anyone who should be allowed outside without supervision.

Did you rant when Sonic or Crash made you play as a hedge hog or a bandicoot? Were you outraged that the Tombraider series only allowed you to play not just a female, but a particular female? Was Tetris' lack of an avatar an automatic no-go for you? Were you incensed at being forced to be a plumber at Super Mario? Did the Amazon in Diablo 2 make you feel dirty after you played her for a while? :D

I mean, you're either being intentionally dense to see how riled up you can get others, or you really should seek help, because your entire premise is based on a very imbalanced and disassociated world view and immersing yourself in video games is clearly not the proper approach to gaining a better grasp of reality for you.

I agree 100%. Seriously, this debate is a little ridiculous.. meh.
    KindSimian wrote:
    Were you outraged that the Tombraider series only allowed you to play not just a female, but a particular female?
    I never played any Tombraider game because of that exact reason, the main character was female, I did play Resident Evil 4 though.
    ? Did the Amazon in Diablo 2 make you feel dirty after you played her for a while? :D

I never played female character in any game and if such existed I ignored its' existence. Are you dumb, what's not to get here?

This is suppose to be an RPG!
  • XenBlueXenBlue Posts: 296
    edited October 2009
    Koron wrote:
    So, basically, I can't play one of the main features of the game(marksmanship with firearms) because of a bizarre design decision to put prostitute-look-a-like as a class!

Do you understand the proper usage of the words "can't" and "won't"? The former would be Runics fault while the latter would be your own choice. Guess which one of those two words correctly applies to your situation? Here I'll help you:
    Koron wrote:
    So, basically, I won't play one of the main features of the game(marksmanship with firearms) because of a bizarre design decision to put prostitute-look-a-like as a class!

Oh, and..
    Koron wrote:
    I never played female character in any game and if such existed I ignored its' existence. Are you dumb, what's not to get here?This is suppose to be an RPG!

Ironic post is ironic.
    Skill Calc by TaylorBalbi: http://calc.torchlightinsider.com/index.php?c=1
    Bug Report forum: viewforum.php?f=25
    Lend your support to a great WIP MOD here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7162
  • InvernessInverness Posts: 160
    XenBlue wrote:
    Koron wrote:

Do you understand the proper usage of the words "can't" and "won't"? The former would be Runics fault while the latter would be your own choice. Guess which one of those two words correctly applies to your situation? Here I'll help you:
    Koron wrote:
    So, basically, I won't play one of the main features of the game(marksmanship with firearms) because of a bizarre design decision to put prostitute-look-a-like as a class!
    Let's stop feeding the troll.
  • DrixenDrixen Posts: 35
    troll go home, someone ban his **** already.
    R.I.P. Mythos
    Purchased Copies - 3
  • XenBlueXenBlue Posts: 296
    edited October 2009
    Inverness wrote:
    XenBlue wrote:
    Koron wrote:

Koron wrote:
    Let's stop feeding the troll.

Indeed. *sigh* :roll:
    Skill Calc by TaylorBalbi: http://calc.torchlightinsider.com/index.php?c=1
    Bug Report forum: viewforum.php?f=25
    Lend your support to a great WIP MOD here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7162
    Nukenin wrote:
    If anything I thought the gender choices a subtle nod at Diablo the first.

Runic could've been really ballsy (pardon the expression!) and gone with a female Destroyer, male Vanquisher, and female Alchemist. That'd have shivered yer timbers, wot?

At least I wouldn't mind that, because then I would be able to play the feature(marksmanship with firearms) as I intended in the first place!
  • unherounhero Posts: 94
    Dude... Just... DUDE!
    "Because you're not quite evil enough."
    My Steam-account. Also, you love my sig. Admit it.
  • SFJakeSFJake Posts: 99
    Well, that... really... is sad.

Koron, you are a moron.

Seriously.

All the terms you use. I'm not a transsexual. I don't play a game that forces me to play as a girl.

What the ****, man. Go throw yourself down a pit and get out of here, sexist scum.
  • projectproject Posts: 10
    Guys don't feed the trolls please. They only grow more annoying.

feeding trolls are fun! Except I believe this isn't a troll. Just someones misguided point of view. While he is entitled to it, it's funny that he felt the need to share.

Oh no.. I just remembered, my fiancée rolled a male toon! Does that mean....!!!
  • unherounhero Posts: 94
    SFJake wrote:
    Koron, you are a moron.

Good one! :lol:
    "Because you're not quite evil enough."
    My Steam-account. Also, you love my sig. Admit it.
This discussion has been closed.