how to ban cheater

qinnan300qinnan300 Posts: 15
edited September 2012 in TL2 General Discussions
internet play....
u=1726874561,3623260025&fm=11&gp=0.jpg
«1

Comments

  • ArlianArlian Posts: 2,865
    edited September 2012
    *right-click* ignore block
    *right-click* kick

    DONE!

    *Corrected per info from Marsh*
    Making a to-do list is on my to-do list.
  • you right click on their portrait and say - "BLOCK". Starting new games you never have to worry about them again. If you want to get rid of them ASAP, simple right click and say "KICK"; everybody else has to agree and they are booted and can ever join the game or you again( as long as you BLOCKED them ).

    Also to be clear; people you have blocked can't join a game you have joined or started.
  • steam can find the cheater and ban them? i donot find who is or not
    u=1726874561,3623260025&fm=11&gp=0.jpg
  • ArlianArlian Posts: 2,865
    I prefer the ability to ban these players myself instead of having steam do it.
    Making a to-do list is on my to-do list.
  • OmnifasOmnifas Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭
    TL2 doesn't use Valve's(Steam's) VAC, once you get the game and run into someone you don't want to play with in game you right click their portrait and do what Marsh suggests. It's all manual.
  • must the high attribute character be a cheater?
    u=1726874561,3623260025&fm=11&gp=0.jpg
  • Arlian wrote:
    I prefer the ability to ban these players myself instead of having steam do it.

    so there can be mercy in this cruel world ... or ... the world will work after my rules :twisted:
    Travis Baldree -
    [...] if there's one thing I've learned about making games, it is that you should make a game fun for yourself first, because it's the only thing you can fully accurately judge.
  • ArlianArlian Posts: 2,865
    qinnan300 wrote:
    must the high attribute character be a cheater?
    Maybe.

    Use common sense. If you THINK the player is a cheater, he probably is.
    Making a to-do list is on my to-do list.
  • my mean is taht we are difficulty to distinguish who is cheater
    u=1726874561,3623260025&fm=11&gp=0.jpg
  • Arlian wrote:
    qinnan300 wrote:
    must the high attribute character be a cheater?
    Maybe.

    Use common sense. If you THINK the player is a cheater, he probably is.

    does runic have no idea to do this ?
    u=1726874561,3623260025&fm=11&gp=0.jpg
  • ArlianArlian Posts: 2,865
    They have created a cheat sniffer/sanity check. It will not ban them, but it will tell you if they're impossible.
    Making a to-do list is on my to-do list.
  • Arlian wrote:
    They have created a cheat sniffer/sanity check. It will not ban them, but it will tell you if they're impossible.

    原来如此
    u=1726874561,3623260025&fm=11&gp=0.jpg
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭
    The game has a 'sanity checker' or sniffer. If someone tries to join with a character that has way too high stats for their level, it will let you know.

    Personally, I don't feel Runic should be giving people the ability to place Steam bans on people, anyways. If that were the case, people would be VAC banning people left and right just to troll them. I think between the cheat sniffer and the ability to block, Runic has given us all the tools we need.

    Of course, all you really need to do is only play with people you know and trust. Get to know people on a forum, join a guild. Make friends with people who play the game. Noone really needs to worry about cheaters/hackers if they know how to make friends.
    ItfooQF.png
  • ArlianArlian Posts: 2,865
    qinnan300 wrote:
    Arlian wrote:
    They have created a cheat sniffer/sanity check. It will not ban them, but it will tell you if they're impossible.

    原来如此
    And I have a translator to help me with that mess of scribbles of 100000+ characters which is supposed to represent a written language ^_^.
    Making a to-do list is on my to-do list.
  • Will we be able to see games in the list if we have been blocked by players in them? That could get really annoying if you start making a few frenemies.
    Remove sticky casting!
    viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37045

    TL2 expansion pack ideas!
    viewtopic.php?f=30&t=41226
  • qinnan300 wrote:
    Arlian wrote:
    They have created a cheat sniffer/sanity check. It will not ban them, but it will tell you if they're impossible.

    原来如此

    You can understand english but type chinese ? cool :lol:
  • Zidders wrote:
    The game has a 'sanity checker' or sniffer. If someone tries to join with a character that has way too high stats for their level, it will let you know.

    Personally, I don't feel Runic should be giving people the ability to place Steam bans on people, anyways. If that were the case, people would be VAC banning people left and right just to troll them. I think between the cheat sniffer and the ability to block, Runic has given us all the tools we need.

    Of course, all you really need to do is only play with people you know and trust. Get to know people on a forum, join a guild. Make friends with people who play the game. Noone really needs to worry about cheaters/hackers if they know how to make friends.


    if this ,i think i can modification the stats for corresponding so that it can not sniffer me
    u=1726874561,3623260025&fm=11&gp=0.jpg
  • Arlian wrote:
    qinnan300 wrote:
    Arlian wrote:
    They have created a cheat sniffer/sanity check. It will not ban them, but it will tell you if they're impossible.

    原来如此
    And I have a translator to help me with that mess of scribbles of 100000+ characters which is supposed to represent a written language ^_^.
    i am cheinese tk
    u=1726874561,3623260025&fm=11&gp=0.jpg
  • moemoebeam wrote:
    qinnan300 wrote:
    Arlian wrote:
    They have created a cheat sniffer/sanity check. It will not ban them, but it will tell you if they're impossible.

    原来如此

    You can understand english but type chinese ? cool :lol:
    i an cheinese tk :lol:
    u=1726874561,3623260025&fm=11&gp=0.jpg
  • ArlianArlian Posts: 2,865
    You could, indeed.

    Your challenge is to 1) Find someone that cares if you cheat. 2) Become enough of a nuisance to disrupt their gameplay in any way that can't be countered by 2 right-clicks. 3) Find anyone that would put up with you.

    Even if you fringe cheat, you'll probably be block/kicked because we're not morons. If you meet someone that employs common sense, they'll simply counter your attempts with an instant ban.

    Wanna play with me by pulling that ****? Sure! Just expect to get blocked and kicked. Want to play with me again? Donate $20 to runic. I guarantee creating a new runic account is FAR more obnoxious than 2 right-clicks.
    Making a to-do list is on my to-do list.
  • LevishadowLevishadow Posts: 367
    edited September 2012
    qinnan300 wrote:
    if this ,i think i can modification the stats for corresponding so that it can not sniffer me

    yes, you can. But where will be the fun in doing that? ;)
    and why should it bother me how you get to your stats?

    If you behave kindly, you will get treated kindly
    If you behave bad, you will get banned

    it's simple :D ...


    are there any other games with that "ban"-mechanic? ... somehow I love the fact that it is all up to the user to decide...
    Travis Baldree -
    [...] if there's one thing I've learned about making games, it is that you should make a game fun for yourself first, because it's the only thing you can fully accurately judge.
  • Arlian wrote:
    You could, indeed.

    Your challenge is to 1) Find someone that cares if you cheat. 2) Become enough of a nuisance to disrupt their gameplay in any way that can't be countered by 2 right-clicks. 3) Find anyone that would put up with you.

    Even if you fringe cheat, you'll probably be block/kicked because we're not morons. If you meet someone that employs common sense, they'll simply counter your attempts with an instant ban.

    Wanna play with me by pulling that ****? Sure! Just expect to get blocked and kicked. Want to play with me again? Donate $20 to runic. I guarantee creating a new runic account is FAR more obnoxious than 2 right-clicks.

    if so do u think this game have less cheater?
    u=1726874561,3623260025&fm=11&gp=0.jpg
  • Levishadow wrote:
    qinnan300 wrote:
    if this ,i think i can modification the stats for corresponding so that it can not sniffer me

    yes, you can. But where will be the fun in doing that? ;)
    and why should it bother me how you get to your stats?

    If you behave kindly, you will get treated kindly
    If you behave bad, you will get banned

    it's simple :D ...


    are there any other games with that "ban"-mechanic? ... somehow I love the fact that it is all up to the user to decide...

    expect so
    u=1726874561,3623260025&fm=11&gp=0.jpg
  • qinnan300 wrote:
    if so do u think this game have less cheater?

    perhaps yes ... perhaps not ... but what I know: they care me less, as it is in my hand to decide how to handle them :D
    Travis Baldree -
    [...] if there's one thing I've learned about making games, it is that you should make a game fun for yourself first, because it's the only thing you can fully accurately judge.
  • ArlianArlian Posts: 2,865
    qinnan300 wrote:
    if so do u think this game have less cheater?
    I'm saying that cheaters won't bother you as much as they would in other games. It's almost pointless to cheat except for personal gain.

    Cheating as a disruption is practically pointless and self-defeating.
    Making a to-do list is on my to-do list.
  • CheesyPeasCheesyPeas Posts: 1,250
    Pretty much no actual point to cheating. Firstly, because PvP is optional (and you can't hurt players unless they say so) you can't just join and kill people. So really, all you're able to do is join and kill things quicker than them. OH NO! If you're really obnoxious about it, and they'd like to have some monsters to kill, two right clicks and you're gone forever.

    Think of it like trolling a forum with a fake account, where people can just click twice and you're banned from posting on their board. And you have to pay $20 to get another account to troll with. Which can be doubleclick banned again in moments. And you can't make new threads. And you're stuck at a half sized font.
    DG9uC.png
  • Blocking the player seems fair if you do not like the way he uses the tools but the word ban is a bit harsh since cheating can be subjective in a mod based game. It's play with those that match your own style right?
    Banning game accounts seems excessive for boosting stats this isn't going to be wow. If the player cheats he needs to play with cheaters. If you do cheat your going to be stuck with other cheated or only single player.
    I may have misunderstood the use of the use of the word ban
    Cheaters Never Prosper! :) Our World is riddled with Cheats and Frauds good thing they downloaded Rapid Respec or i would probably keep trying to accept their quest!
    Steam = mikerobinsond
  • myhideout6 wrote:
    Blocking the player seems fair if you do not like the way he uses the tools but the word ban is a bit harsh since cheating can be subjective in a mod based game. It's play with those that match your own style right?
    Banning game accounts seems excessive for boosting stats this isn't going to be wow. If the player cheats he needs to play with cheaters. If you do cheat your going to be stuck with other cheated or only single player.
    I may have misunderstood the use of the use of the word ban

    "ban" is fine, as they get banned from >your< games ;) ...

    there is no way, >you< can ban him from everyone else games.
    Travis Baldree -
    [...] if there's one thing I've learned about making games, it is that you should make a game fun for yourself first, because it's the only thing you can fully accurately judge.
  • Marsh wrote:
    Also to be clear; people you have blocked can't join a game you have joined or started.

    That is , you can't join a game joined or started by someone who BAN you .

    Hope " BAN " won't be abused .
    borrowed from dev reply
    BAN.gif
  • How should it be abused?
    Travis Baldree -
    [...] if there's one thing I've learned about making games, it is that you should make a game fun for yourself first, because it's the only thing you can fully accurately judge.
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.