[Linux] No zoom

whizsewhizse Posts: 72
Hi,

Not sure if this is a known issue or not, but the function to zoom the display (not the map) doesn't seem to do anything on my system. Scrolling up and down is a no-op, and so is pressing + or -.

Comments

• Same problem, it's been a while since I played the win version and I wasn't completely sure if zooming like this was possible, but now that you say it.
  • Same issue here. While it's not a game breaker, I hope they fix it "soon". :)
  • This is still not fixed in the latest build (2012-09-24).

Would be great if someone could confirm this bug so we know it has been noticed.
  • For what it's worth, I observe the same behaviour with Debian Wheezy, using Intel HD4000 graphics.

I haven't seen this problem mentioned in any other 'lists of known bugs in the Linux version of Torchlight', so thread-bump!
  • bmnbmn Posts: 92
    Hi all,

After messing around with the settings.txt file, I found that you can change the key binding.
    Here is a quick workaround to bind zoom to new keys :

Edit '~/.runicgames/Torchlight/settings.txt' ( don't forget it's UTF-16 ).

At lines 47 and 48, change value 187 to 33 and value 189 to 34.

33 and 34 are key codes for 'Up page' and 'Down page' buttons.

You can find a list of keycodes here : http://www.expandinghead.net/keycode.html
    There even is a JS link for a script that will tell you the code for a key you press.

This enables you to rebind the keys as you like.

Cheers,

bmn
  • Thanks!

Good to know that the functionality is there at least. Wonder if it's a problem with SDL2 not recognising the keycodes for +/- and scroll events?
  • Thanks bmn! Works like a charm!
  • urkleurkle Posts: 52
    whizse wrote:
    Thanks!

Good to know that the functionality is there at least. Wonder if it's a problem with SDL2 not recognising the keycodes for +/- and scroll events?

This is most definitely some overlooked key-mapping between SDL2 and the "MS Virtual-key code" mess that Torchlight uses under the hood. The plan is to get a new TL update next week out that includes this and several other fixes, barring that other deadlines don't perform a sneak attack.
  • urkle... YOU DA MAN! kinda **** that TL heard you like fixing problems, then decided to throw some problems into the current problems so they could generate more problems while you fix some problems. **** YOU XZIBIT!!!

Thanks for all your hard work. It's much appreciated, most especially by players, like me, who are just now finding out about this game and how awesome it is.