Here’s your Torchlight 2 product key! - from Perfect World

jamesLjamesL Posts: 3,568
edited December 2012 in TL2 General Discussions
look at the email I just got

SUBJECT: Here’s your Torchlight 2 product key!
FROM: Perfect World Entertainment Inc. email@email.perfectworld.com
TO: ME !
DATE: Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Thank you for pre-ordering Torchlight 2!

Here is your Neverwinter Key: xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx

Use the Torchlight 2 product key below to download your copy. The Torchlight 2 client will be available to download at 10:00 PT on Thursday, September 20.

Torchlight 2 Product Key: xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx

Getting Started
For offline single-player and LAN gameplay, you can simply install and activate Torchlight II with your key. If you do not intend to play Internet multiplayer, skip to the Install section now.

However, before you may access Internet multiplayer, you must create a Runic Account at https://secure.runicgames.com/signup and register your copy.

Register for Internet multiplayer
1. Create or log in to your Runic Account at https://secure.runicgames.com.
2. Click on Register Torchlight II for Internet Play.
3. You will be presented with two registration options. Under the heading, I have a Runic key, paste your key (as shown above) into the text box and click on Register Torchlight II Key.
4. Your key should now be registered to your account. You can view all your registered products from Manage My Account -> My Products & Keys.

Install
1. Download the Torchlight II installer from http://www.torchlight2game.com/download.
2. Double-click Torchlight II to run the installer. You may be presented with a User Account Control dialog to enable administrator privileges. If this occurs, choose Yes.
3. Follow the on-screen prompts. Most users should choose a Standard installation.
4. Once installation is complete, run Torchlight II.

Activate
1. You may be presented with a Windows Firewall dialog upon first launch. If this occurs, choose Allow access.
2. At this point, you should see the Torchlight II launcher window. Ensure that you are connected to the Internet as you will need to let the installer finish downloading the full game or any updates. This may take a while.
3. Once complete, click on Play.
4. You will be presented with purchase and registration options, click on Activate.
5. Paste your Torchlight II key (including hyphens) into the text box and click on Submit.
6. The Activation Successful! message confirms that Torchlight II is unlocked and ready for action. Click on Play to begin your adventure.

Enjoy!

If you experience any issues, please contact us at https://support.perfectworld.com.
I don't have a sig

Comments

• All I see are a bunch of x's. That can't be your key. ;P
  • jamesLjamesL Posts: 3,568
    ItsGopher wrote:
    All I see are a bunch of x's. That can't be your key. ;P

well you're welcome to try them out but you'll see they won't work because I've already used them :D
    I don't have a sig
  • Is the download going to popup at midnight PST or is this something that will be activated sometime during work hours on the 20th?
    read the email

"The Torchlight 2 client will be available to download at 10:00 PT on Thursday, September 20."
    I don't have a sig
  • Hey Buddy! Glad you have gotten your product key, and really hoping PW Will soon send me mine as well!
    Around 12 hours to launch time, and after having to have bought the game twice from PW thanks to their bad customer service, I really hope tonight will be smooth sailing! ;)

Would appreciate if others who pre-ordered from PW post here as soon as they have received their activation key!
  • jamesL wrote:
    read the email

"The Torchlight 2 client will be available to download at 10:00 PT on Thursday, September 20."

Eeesh, there is it right there. I'm assuming that is 10 am.
  • NaihonnNaihonn Posts: 243
    Yeah. I got that email too. Uff. But I would love pre...download too. 8-) Everyone with Steam will start playing and I will only start downloading the PW/Runic Games version? Unfair. :cry:
    calabash.png
  • Miek1Miek1 Posts: 55
    I have not yet received my key from PERFECT WORLD,
    Anyone else is like me?
  • HomicideHomicide Posts: 1,071
    Naihonn wrote:
    Yeah. I got that email too. Uff. But I would love pre...download too. 8-) Everyone with Steam will start playing and I will only start downloading the PW/Runic Games version? Unfair. :cry:

Bah , those media wurms (lol - sorry , just pokin) have been playing it for the last 24 hours. Thats unfair :P
    ...but when we stop acting civil and start calling people names, we're no longer interacting in the spirit of Runic Games.

Zepheyr ~ 2012
  • NaihonnNaihonn Posts: 243
    Homicide wrote:
    Naihonn wrote:

Bah , those media wurms (lol - sorry , just pokin) have been playing it for the last 24 hours. Thats unfair :P

You mean the LAST WEEK!!! :lol:
    calabash.png
  • Miek1 wrote:
    I have not yet received my key from PERFECT WORLD,
    Anyone else is like me?

Not received anything either.
  • Still waiting and refreshing my e-mail... feeling like a shaved ape wanting his banana! Gieb goddamnit! :twisted: :D :lol:
  • Hah hah!
    beztytuuupr.png

i can play :D
    steamaw.php?id=skladzien&pngimg=shiny_rounded_long&achieve=TorchlightII&tborder=2
  • Skladzien wrote:
    Hah hah!
    beztytuuupr.png

i can play :D

Yep I see the same thing, but in a real language, except this is standard for a pre-loaded game, and won't actually let you play the game when you press the "play" button until release.
  • TenTen Posts: 395
    I'm still waiting on the PW product key too. Hopefulyy they'll have sent it by the time I'm home from work today.
    ___ten2.png___
    Autarch wrote:
    Yep I see the same thing, but in a real language,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am dying here :lol: :lol:
    I don't have a sig
  • AtroxxxAtroxxx Posts: 233
    same here. no email w/regards to the game has been sent to me by pw but i'll be checking once every hour or so...
    the email came through as a web page with images and stuff so maybe it went in your junk/ spam folder ?

although, I'm you've already checked
    I don't have a sig
  • Hi everyone
    I have just checked my emails and I had the same confirmation as the first chap.
    Went to the site and all it says is its not available till the 20th September!!!
    Its been the 20th for a whole 8 HOURS and 16 MINUTES!!!
    AAAAAARGH
    I neeeeeeeds a fix!
    BTW I live in the UK......does that make a difference?
  • keenlamkeenlam Posts: 269
    Hi everyone
    I have just checked my emails and I had the same confirmation as the first chap.
    Went to the site and all it says is its not available till the 20th September!!!
    AAAAAARGH
    I neeeeeeeds a fix!

It's only 12.30 am in Seattle, US. Game released in about 9 hours and a half.
  • Blah at silly releases!

It's 5.30pm on the 20th here.... still another 9hours before I can download? I am sadness!
  • I'm pre loading mine up. Awesome sauce.
    08e.jpg Hey hey HEeeeeeyyyy....HEYHEYHEY.png
    if you don't get the email by 8 am PT then I'd contact perfect world support at this link

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask

or call 1-888-344-4478 (phone hours are 10am to 7pm PDT)

you should also have received an email from PW immediately after you purchased the game
    it doesn't contain the Activation Code for TL2, but it does contain your Transaction ID which you will need to supply to billing support

it would have looked like this

SUBJECT: Thank you for your purchase - Transaction ID xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    CONTENT:
    Thank you for making a payment to Perfect World Entertainment! Your transaction details are as follows:

Account Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Payment Gateway: Paypal
    Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Date: Sun September 16, 2012 at 3:37 PM PDT
    Product: Torchlight 2
    Amount Paid: 19.99 USD

If you have questions regarding your payment, please contact Perfect World Entertainment's Billing Department by sending us an email through the Ticketing System, or by telephone at 1-888-344-4478 (phone hours are 10am to 7pm PDT)

Please include your account name and transaction ID in any correspondence with our Billing Department.

Best regards,

Perfect World Entertainment Billing Department
    I don't have a sig
  • Hi everyone
    AAAAAARGH
    I neeeeeeeds a fix!

Hi there. Just so you know, there are twenty four different hours in one day. The game releases to the world simultaneously on one of them.
  • jamesL wrote:
    if you don't get the email by 8 am PT then I'd contact perfect world support at this link

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask

or call 1-888-344-4478 (phone hours are 10am to 7pm PDT)

you should also have received an email from PW immediately after you purchased the game
    it doesn't contain the Activation Code for TL2, but it does contain your Transaction ID which you will need to supply to billing support

it would have looked like this

SUBJECT: Thank you for your purchase - Transaction ID xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    CONTENT:
    Thank you for making a payment to Perfect World Entertainment! Your transaction details are as follows:

Account Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Payment Gateway: Paypal
    Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Date: Sun September 16, 2012 at 3:37 PM PDT
    Product: Torchlight 2
    Amount Paid: 19.99 USD

If you have questions regarding your payment, please contact Perfect World Entertainment's Billing Department by sending us an email through the Ticketing System, or by telephone at 1-888-344-4478 (phone hours are 10am to 7pm PDT)

Please include your account name and transaction ID in any correspondence with our Billing Department.

Best regards,

Perfect World Entertainment Billing Department

Your support link isn't working... Chrome reports it as an redirect loop.

I'm also having this issue, I'll try to get in touch with PW.
    Booo, still no activation code!
    ___ten2.png___
  • No activation code here either, and I am starting to see a patter here, it's mostly (if not all) us international orders who got screwed, it seems.

I have now registered to Steam and bought my 3rd copy of the game, which is already waiting for me to have fun with in roughly 5 hours. Never again this mess with Perfect World!
    I'll give it 4 or 5 hours, then I'll start smashing **** up and making a scene.
    ___ten2.png___
  • AtroxxxAtroxxx Posts: 233
    Ten wrote:

same here. i did send a query & i got something in my email but the one thing that really stood out in what i received was this: "Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us within 3-4 business days."

i seriously hope the folks at pw aren't serious :?
  • BooBoo Posts: 38
    Atroxxx wrote:
    Ten wrote:

same here. i did send a query & i got something in my email but the one thing that really stood out in what i received was this: "Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us within 3-4 business days."

i seriously hope the folks at pw aren't serious :?

Well, I have my key from PW. And no, I do not live in the USA. And oh, you will indeed be waiting 3 - 4 business days for a response :)
    I suggest bunking in for the next week, as your Torchlight 2 days will not start until this is sorted.