Hackers ruining the game already

124»

Comments

• ZepheyrZepheyr Posts: 345
    It's basically the minority forcing the majority to play a specific way and telling us how to get replay value and sometimes survivability in a game. It's really just a lazy design choice to force players to rerun old content.
    nope and nope.

I agree with FrodoFraggins.
  • in any case, try posting in the guild section for ppl to play with you, it's as a closed environment as one hopes to get in TL2. plus you might meet some interesting people instead of that completely unknown guy who would not talk, run ahead pull everything and log out because of..brain problems. promoting pixel socialization ftw.
    Ign: Mikolz ~ Currently Zerking it like there was no tomorrow
  • BonyBony Posts: 182
    edited September 2012
    It's basically the minority forcing the majority to play a specific way and telling us how to get replay value and sometimes survivability in a game. It's really just a lazy design choice to force players to rerun old content.
    No, it's about decisions, consequences and learning, not about simply respec (and buying the stuff that gets you through the game; but that's another story). It's about failing and make it better the next time. Also: You could have spared some points but you needed them to get skills which helped you at a certain time in the game. Now you are over this point and WANT THEM ALL BACK!! It's like buying presents for a girl and when you slept with her you take them all away because now you got what you want. Haha, funny comparison, I know. But I think it's apposite.

And also: if the majority wants to play that way the majority will play with a respec mod and you will have many games to choose from.
  • Using the console is not "hacking". They posted, they will disable console in MP. So, fixed.

Diablo 3, on the other hand, with a million dollar budget and nearly a decade of development? Behold:

Player killing in town, possible due to bad game design:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne3b905cMjQ

Player killing by luring, possible due to bad game design:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmD_8nP2 ... re=related

And, people joining who are facerolling your monsters: Use level cap. Fixed.

Ther is no real money or auction house involved in TL2, so there is no real damage from "hacking" and no incentive for hackers. Nobody earns hacker karma by using a console. If it's hard to hack, hackers will come in swarms.

Edit, completely OT: Runic, thank you so much for using forum software which makes links clickable. Seems, Blizz developed their forum, which doesn't have that option, when they started coding D3, 10 years ago.
  • dozeydozey Posts: 267
    bradbury wrote:
    Edit, completely OT: Runic, thank you so much for using forum software which makes links clickable. Seems, Blizz developed their forum, which doesn't have that option, when they started coding D3, 10 years ago.

Clickable links are a serious security hazard in the wrong places due to phishing, malware, viruses, java exploits, etc. The blizz forums is one of those places. It's a much more laid back place here, and without a billion people trying to steal your account they can have luxuries like that.
    I don't think highways should have these cars on them.
    I'd rather bike to my destination. There'd be more room for us cyclists if there weren't these cars.
    They're getting to their destination faster than me and that bothers me. It devalues cycling.
    -KFP
  • bradbury wrote:

Blizzard forums did have clickable links, but they removed it on purpose to avoid the many account thefts due to people clicking phishing links. Links to Blizzards own servers are still clickable.
  • TC, you played a **** character....on Elite....in an open public server that you had no control of....?

Lesson learned?
  • ledhead900ledhead900 Posts: 35
    edited September 2012
    I am seeing a great deal of HACKER threads and I believe this due to console being set by the user when in fact console should be enabled or disabled by the HOST with that logic in mind all players who have console enabled cannot join a server with console disabled though this does not stop people using trainers and Cheat Engine both I have tested to work around the flagging measures and I can assure you that giving my self a 16x multiplier in Gold and EXP rate will not ever flag the character, from what I was messing about with because I just wanted to get my alt to ACT II and near same level as that's when the game starts getting interesting for me since I am quite familiar with the hack slash genre I don't feel like I should have to grind all the way to a decent starting level, however views of others differ I just wanted to level up faster to get to ACTII skipping what I call Tutorial that is ACT 1 with my alt once I played ACT 1 legit.

Now I can assure all of you that any cheating outside of the console will not mark your character as easy which is a bit of a design flaw when it comes to online modes. Since hackers are running rampant online I would strongly advise you DO NOT host a public **** game unless u want some **** to come in and spawn bosses everywhere. This would be fixed somewhat if Console was locked in online mode decided by the HOST and People who have used the console in SP to flat out give themselves the best gear in the game should be flagged and unable to join any non flagged server host. Getting flagged as far as I can tell just tells everyone that you excessively abused the console commands to create an I win character, I believe the console has its uses for those players looking for a small heard start without outright going nuts and destroying the point of the game. I am not flagged at all because of the methods I used to obtain a minor head start but leaving console for the local player to decide when going online is never a smart move when its so accessible it opens the door for anyone to hack when at least using a memory editor of some kind takes a little more effort to do anything nasty such as spawn items or bosses which most kids wont bother with outside of freezing money values because that is a 10s process with a memory editor.

With all of this in mind I think that in a future patch server HOSTS should be allowed to define if console is usable or not and weather or not to allow console using players to even join server to start with this apply s if the player has any characters currently created that are flagged. It is not an end all solution but at least it will stop the sheer number of hackers able to spawn anything as like I said above coming from experience here in many other games not just this one that memory editing is a lot harder to use for anything other than freezing decimal values which should deter all but the real hackers.

With all of that said I don't claim to have not cheated in some way but I can say that I would never excessively cheat to give myself a clear advantage that is just pointless from my prospective playing style. I don't cheat in everything that is also silly I like to try the odd thing out for fun but never for harm if that makes any more sense. I also don't condone cheating in competitive play environments.
  • bradbury wrote:
    Can't a console user create a character at any level they want, and with any stats they want, or are stat points restricted based on the level you are? I was under the impression you could simply add unspent points at any time.

So a console user could have characters of level 10, 20, 30 etc. with max stats on each to wreck level cap games anyway. Lot of work, but some of these guys go to any lengths.
  • Its a bit of a strange expectation really. That playing with strangers, people you dont know at all, is going to be a good thing.

I mean it might well be, but if you tried to do something like this in the real world bad things more often than not would happen.
  • bradbury wrote:
    Can't a console user create a character at any level they want, and with any stats they want, or are stat points restricted based on the level you are? I was under the impression you could simply add unspent points at any time.

So a console user could have characters of level 10, 20, 30 etc. with max stats on each to wreck level cap games anyway. Lot of work, but some of these guys go to any lengths.
    Correct.

They call it hacking but I call it console abuse online which is why in the post above yours I wrote that essay. Hacking is different the art of hacking involves injecting data into the game in some way not supplied by the game itself such as editing memory values to lock your HP so it never goes below a certain value or to add a value such as give convert 2000 gold to 1000000 gold.

Console gives you developer made debug commands which are nice but also the power to spawn in items and mobs change stats of your gear and above your character level and beyond what the game would allow normally which is what most of the issues these players are talking about extend from. Hacking is a lot harder in most cases to abuse in any lasting nasty way such as spawning mobs and so on takes a good deal of preparation and knowledge of the games workings while the console provides an easy cheat and annoyance method that even a 5 year old could abuse to the fullest extent.

The account flagging needs to prevent them entering non flagged servers full stop and also as my other posts suggests we need to give the server host the choice to allow console or not in which if they disable it then no matter if you have console:1 set on your local machine the server wont allow console menu to appear.
124»