TL2 Console commands

deoxysdeoxys Posts: 70
edited December 2012 in TL2 General Discussions
Link to TL2 console commands : http://pastebin.com/0hThmpzJ

I did not test them out so experiment with caution preferably on a char you dont care about.

dont know if it was already posted somewhere but I thought it could be cool to share results of our experiments with the commands

for example :
"setdifficulty 2" will put you in veteran difficulty. 0 to 3. dont know if NG is 4.
"resetskills" will reset all your skill tree plus reset your skills points available to 0

Comments

• adamperinadamperin Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭
    just a note... most of these will mark you as a suspicious player to other users.
  • adamperin wrote:
    just a note... most of these will mark you as a suspicious player to other users.

thanks for pointing this out. didnt know that.

I tested some of those on a mule.
  • UncleJimUncleJim Posts: 689
    deoxys wrote:
    adamperin wrote:

Yea you join a game with a toon you do that with and a ! will show up in chat. you wont see it but everybody else will.
  • adamperin wrote:

Is this a Runic Account wide flag or only for that character? I'd like to play around with some of them on a throw-away alt just to see what they do, but I don't want to flag my main.

Also, I didn't see it listed, but does anyone know if there is a way to cap fps?
  • BloomBloom Posts: 29
    adamperin wrote:

surely the FPS command wouldn't? I want a better way to measure performance because fraps uses too much memory and it feels like the game runs better without it
  • UncleJim wrote:
    deoxys wrote:
    adamperin wrote:

Yea you join a game with a toon you do that with and a ! will show up in chat. you wont see it but everybody else will.

It doesn't show up in chat, it shows up on the name over your player.
  • adamperin wrote:

<3 :D
  • adamperin wrote:

I'm a suspicious player whether I cheat or not. :twisted:
  • NomosNomos Posts: 22
    Will changing the difficulty (set difficulty=...) mark my char as cheated?
  • ledhead900ledhead900 Posts: 35
    edited September 2012
    Valtyr wrote:
    adamperin wrote:
    Also, I didn't see it listed, but does anyone know if there is a way to cap fps?
    \Documents\my games\Runic Games\Torchlight 2\local_settings.txt

Set to desired amount
    MAX_FPS :200
    MAX_RENDER_FPS :200

Not even sure if you need the last value or not set but I set mine both to 250. That whole settings file actually contains some pretty interesting settings which I have been playing around with including Field of View but that does not do as much as I hoped it would. Though you can fine tune just about anything gfx wise from that settings config.
    Nomos wrote:
    Will changing the difficulty (set difficulty=...) mark my char as cheated?
    Nope I tested this one myself and back again works fine.
    adamperin wrote:
    You don't happen to be affiliated with the developers do you?, Just curious because I would like to get hold a full list of which ones will and will not mark you and exactly how would you remove the marking on your account. It is worth mentioning at this time would you be able to inform or find out if there any launch attributes for a batch script or from the steam launch parameters for Torchlight 2 that can be used as I would like to start the game with CAMERADISTANCE 1.5 That is probably the best view distance imo.

Also is there any word about the editor coming soon at all? and I also noticed that unpacking the DATA.PAK file and re packing it with zero compression sufficiently improves performance because the game does not have to decompress the data to load it which removes all the stuttering issue some of us have even though our systems are well beyond the requirements.
  • Valtyr wrote:
    adamperin wrote:

Is this a Runic Account wide flag or only for that character? I'd like to play around with some of them on a throw-away alt just to see what they do, but I don't want to flag my main.

Not an account wide flag I believe. Only the char that you consoled with.

Wouldnt really make sense to do it account wide and flag your legit chars as well.
  • deoxys wrote:
    Not an account wide flag I believe. Only the char that you consoled with.

Wouldnt really make sense to do it account wide and flag your legit chars as well.

Yeah, but still would like to know before playing with them :? .
  • I read it also locks you out of the shared stash, which might explain why some people are having their stashes "disappear"
    Everyone assumes necromancers are upstanding citizens until one kills their sister and then marries her.
  • gold163gold163 Posts: 4,852
    I read it also locks you out of the shared stash, which might explain why some people are having their stashes "disappear"

I have heard this is incorrect; I believe this is how it worked in TL1 but I have seen just as much testimony that it does NOT work this way in TL2. I do not know for sure.

Good to hear that the difficulty change doesn't affect cheater status; I accidentally started a character on Normal and I wanted Vet.
    cxNEL.png
  • I read it also locks you out of the shared stash, which might explain why some people are having their stashes "disappear"

Doesn't work that way, tried and no problems with shared stash ;) .

Also, found the answer:
    adamperin wrote:
    Its only for that character, not the account

Good to go now for me :D .
    That is interesting. This would mean that I can create kind of a test character, give him max level and test different builts. This would not mark my other chars as suspicious and gives me the chance to REALLY play with test builts. Correct?
  • Nomos wrote:
    That is interesting. This would mean that I can create kind of a test character, give him max level and test different builts. This would not mark my other chars as suspicious and gives me the chance to REALLY play with test builts. Correct?

Correct. ;)
  • ledhead900ledhead900 Posts: 35
    edited September 2012
    Nomos wrote:
    That is interesting. This would mean that I can create kind of a test character, give him max level and test different builts. This would not mark my other chars as suspicious and gives me the chance to REALLY play with test builds. Correct?
    Actually I can confirm that you will not be marked permanently for that character if you use any of the following.

Level and Stats
    RESETSTATS : Resets the player’s stat points. - This currently is not working it will EAT your points and not return them.
    RESETSKILLS : Resets the player’s skills.
    RESETPLAYER : Resets player’s stats, skills, and level. This one will reset your Fame as well so watch out!
    LEVELUP : Gain XP to level up - I use this after I use Reset Player.
    FAME ### : Gives you fame points set to “###”- I use this after I use Reset Player.

MISC
    CAMERADISTANCE ### : The ### the camera will be from the player.
    SETDIFFICULTY ### : Sets the current difficulty, values range from (0) Easy to (3) Very Hard

Conclusion
    I only had a ! appear once and never again I logged out logged back in and it was gone, Also I could still use my shared stash and I could join non modified servers, My server was not marked, and my fame was not set to cheater.

Appears you can wipe the slate completely clean and use these in moderation however using the just RESETSKILLS will work for most of you and is probably the safest thing to use if you just want to mess with the skills and not re allocate everything as well as set your fame back to where it was last at.
  • Nice info ledhead900, thank you!
    Thank you!

How does LEVELUP works exactly? In other words which command is required to give for instance level 100 to a char which is actually level 10 or so?

EDIT: And how did you check whether your char is marked or not? From what I have read only party members can see the exclamation mark.
  • rj42rj42 Posts: 75
    Hmm I could definitely use the FPS display and the CAMERADISTANCE tweak, but I wouldn't dare touch any other settings.

Hopefully this wouldn't flag me a cheater e.e
    20p64k2.gif
  • Hmm...I play TL2 with a friend. And when he go out of the game, is Start a LAN game for reroll World and then i switch to Single Player and use the command "noxp". So i can get Items, but gain no level ups and fame and me and my friend can play without level differents.
    Using the console is not always cheating (in a negative sense). There are a lot of useful things you can do with the console commands.
  • dozeydozey Posts: 267
    I'm surprised there's no SETPLAYERLEVEL command, kind of a pain to LEVELUP x 100.

The console is particularly interesting with respect to understanding exactly how things like stats interact and which skill modify which other skill much more easily than you can see at lvl 1.

Or rather, I'll have to try that immediately with a new character at home and make sure there isn't one heh.

I feel the console for research purposes it totally legit, but it would take all the fun out of the game to use it on my actual characters. It also provides some amazing debugging tools for those making mods for the game.
    I don't think highways should have these cars on them.
    I'd rather bike to my destination. There'd be more room for us cyclists if there weren't these cars.
    They're getting to their destination faster than me and that bothers me. It devalues cycling.
    -KFP
  • RinnRinn Posts: 7
    Level and Stats
    RESETSTATS : Resets the player’s stat points. - This currently is not working it will EAT your points and not return them.
    RESETPLAYER : Resets player’s stats, skills, and level. This one will reset your Fame as well so watch out!
    FAME ### : Gives you fame points set to “###”- I use this after I use Reset Player.

Meaning if like what you had mentioned, "RESETSTATS : Resets the player’s stat points. - This currently is not working it will EAT your points and not return them." and i added back those STATS POINTS, it will mark me with a ' ! " ? Since those points are gone.
  • dozey wrote:
    I'm surprised there's no SETPLAYERLEVEL command, kind of a pain to LEVELUP x 100.

The console is particularly interesting with respect to understanding exactly how things like stats interact and which skill modify which other skill much more easily than you can see at lvl 1.

Or rather, I'll have to try that immediately with a new character at home and make sure there isn't one heh.

I feel the console for research purposes it totally legit, but it would take all the fun out of the game to use it on my actual characters. It also provides some amazing debugging tools for those making mods for the game.

Don't need it there is a experience giving command which u can define how much EXP to give yourself LEVELUP just raises you by one level per use.
  • ledhead900 wrote:
    Valtyr wrote:
    adamperin wrote:
    \Documents\my games\Runic Games\Torchlight 2\local_settings.txt

Set to desired amount
    MAX_FPS :200
    MAX_RENDER_FPS :200

Thanks!
  • Rinn wrote:
    Level and Stats

Meaning if like what you had mentioned, "RESETSTATS : Resets the player’s stat points. - This currently is not working it will EAT your points and not return them." and i added back those STATS POINTS, it will mark me with a ' ! " ? Since those points are gone.

Yea what I posted said it would EAT the stats, I never did try to give stat points individually because I was pretty sure it would mark you. If you lose your stats from that you have NO choice but to use RESETPLAYER which resets your fame level and stats and skills then you need to use LEVELUP to get back to your current level and re add your current fame amount with FAME.

RESETPLAYER Is risky and it may mark you as suspicious but not mark you permanently for that character because I was told I had a ! only once when I logged in and and nobody as seen it since then, The safe command is RESETSKILLS that I can guarantee wont mark you at all. I would not advise giving stats per stat or manually trying to upgrade things with commands instead always RESETPLAYER and add the FAME and level back exactly to what it was before. ;)
  • ledhead900 wrote:
    dozey wrote:

Don't need it there is a experience giving command which u can define how much EXP to give yourself LEVELUP just raises you by one level per use.

"levelup 20" will level you up 20 levels :) so its basically a set player level command.
    banekitty111.jpg
  • RinnRinn Posts: 7
    Meaning if like what you had mentioned, "RESETSTATS : Resets the player’s stat points. - This currently is not working it will EAT your points and not return them." and i added back those STATS POINTS, it will mark me with a ' ! " ? Since those points are gone.[/quote]

Yea what I posted said it would EAT the stats, I never did try to give stat points individually because I was pretty sure it would mark you. If you lose your stats from that you have NO choice but to use RESETPLAYER which resets your fame level and stats and skills then you need to use LEVELUP to get back to your current level and re add your current fame amount with FAME.

RESETPLAYER Is risky and it may mark you as suspicious but not mark you permanently for that character because I was told I had a ! only once when I logged in and and nobody as seen it since then, The safe command is RESETSKILLS that I can guarantee wont mark you at all. I would not advise giving stats per stat or manually trying to upgrade things with commands instead always RESETPLAYER and add the FAME and level back exactly to what it was before. ;)[/quote]

So as to say, the safest way to do it is to RESETPLAYER and LEVELUP till the orignal level with adding original FAME back. right?