Is Elemental Boon really worth using?

edited September 2012 in Embermage Discussions
A 38% boost to elemental damage sounds great, but I'm not really liking the duration. A 15 second buff followed by a 15 second cooldown, when is that going to be useful? Also, the mana recovery doesn't even cover the cost of the spell itself.

Comments

• Also, the mana recovery doesn't even cover the cost of the spell itself.

Maybe i'm wrong but maxed it recovers 86 mp over 10 seconds and its cost is 16 mp.
  • Also, the mana recovery doesn't even cover the cost of the spell itself.

Maybe i'm wrong but maxed it recovers 86 mp over 10 seconds and its cost is 16 mp.

You are very wrong actually. At rank 15, it recovers 20 mana over 10 seconds and costs 28. I recommend you stop using that **** calculator as it literally has hundreds of errors.

3J5Xt.jpg
  • I think it'll be awesome when u max it cuz it gives u cast speed...its not just a normal buff use-and-forget, but an ultimate-short-buff, i always use it when my charge bar is full, both durations are similar, so u spam skills like a demon without mana issues/ or dying.
  • horamerda2 wrote:
    I think it'll be awesome when u max it cuz it gives u cast speed

No, it doesn't. The "faster cast" bonus only applies to Elemental Boon itself. I'm thinking Astral Ally will be the better choice as it provides more damage over a longer duration. Also, there are two spells, Elemental Overload and Elemental Protection, that give elemental damage boosts and elemental resistance.