Forgotten Halls

BGellsBGells Posts: 29
edited October 2012 in TL2 General Discussions
So I went through the forgotten halls in act 3, and I came upon a 3-way intersection with a square cut-out bit in the middle lowered down with a lever on it (there's also a similar one in Vykel's Tower), and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get to it, I've tried everything I can possibly think of and nothing works. I'm at my wits end trying to figure it out, does anyone out there know how to get to it? If you do try not to spoil what it actually does, I just need to know how to activate it.

Comments

  • There are two dragon heads close together, walk in front of them to activate the hidden pressure plate.
  • Hi, I'm having trouble getting in Forgotten Halls. There's a teleport pad, but it's activated on the other side, so I can't get there.

    Here are some screenshots.

    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/71 ... 00001.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/44 ... 00002.jpg/

    I'm still clearing the rest of the map, so I might come up with the answer myself, but please, do tell.
  • thRussted wrote:
    Hi, I'm having trouble getting in Forgotten Halls. There's a teleport pad, but it's activated on the other side, so I can't get there.

    Here are some screenshots.

    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/71 ... 00001.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/44 ... 00002.jpg/

    I'm still clearing the rest of the map, so I might come up with the answer myself, but please, do tell.
    It will activate when you've talked to the eye thing at the emberworks.
  • FireflyFirefly Posts: 164
    pnilz wrote:
    It will activate when you've talked to the eye thing at the emberworks.
    Said eye thing, I am certain, is Runic's homage to Return of the Jedi.

    (Oops, hate it when I forget to close a tag...)
    White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
    "Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
  • This isn't working for me. I do as instructed in the spoiler tags above (assuming the things you mentioned are the ones closest to the lever-square, and not off in some other part?) but nothing happens :(
  • Took a moment to figure it out as well. Until I noticed this different looking tile.86e26619c4.png
  • and this secret passage leads to what exactly? i went there and killed 2 minions lol
  • rofl i found this and same just head over there and kill some mobs thats it?xD
  • There is another secret on the second level of the Forgotten Halls. Great place, graphically! :) (And btw, what's with those Varkolyn Brute champions? Must be a bug, they kill me on 1-2 hits on Veteran...)

    On the first large 'U'-turn on the level, you'll notice a place you cannot get to on the north-west, full of gold and a chest. Well... go back, and in the alcove above you'll find another such pressure plate, marked with a romboid.

    Torchlight22012-09-2922-09-02-04.jpg

    Step on it, and the wall next to it will slide away, revealing a lever...

    Torchlight22012-09-2922-09-06-81.jpg

    Pull it, and stairs will emerge so you can now access the hidden area!

    Torchlight22012-09-2922-09-16-12.jpg
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    its nice they put some cool stuff in but until you accidently stand on that first plate, its hit or miss if you would ever even notice it
    Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

    moty-250.png
  • Hey,
    I need more details on how to find the secret rooms in the Forgotten Halls. Do you have a mini map or other?
  • There is another secret on the second level of the Forgotten Halls. Great place, graphically! :) (And btw, what's with those Varkolyn Brute champions? Must be a bug, they kill me on 1-2 hits on Veteran...)

    On the first large 'U'-turn on the level, you'll notice a place you cannot get to on the north-west, full of gold and a chest. Well... go back, and in the alcove above you'll find another such pressure plate, marked with a romboid.

    Torchlight22012-09-2922-09-02-04.jpg

    Step on it, and the wall next to it will slide away, revealing a lever...

    Torchlight22012-09-2922-09-06-81.jpg

    Pull it, and stairs will emerge so you can now access the hidden area!

    Torchlight22012-09-2922-09-16-12.jpg


    Hey, These pics are for the Vyrax Tower Floor 3.
  • Nope, I found this in the Forgotten Halls. Maybe it's a random element that can occur in both dungeons? Since they use the same elements...
  • Yes, those pictures apply to Vyrax's Tower floor 3. :geek:
  • Took a moment to figure it out as well. Until I noticed this different looking tile.86e26619c4.png

    What floor was this on?
  • sikmsikm Posts: 9
    HELP!!

    I've been through this dungeon 4 times, each time I return it's reset. I've killed the boss dragon, Hiss? Hess? each time - at great cost in Health Potions but I've never been able to find any key (for Vyrax's Tower to find the Heartfire Stone). In addition, when I come out of the dungeon to where the small and large chests are I get the Goblin Crown from the small chest but it never shows up in my inventory.

    So: 2 questions...... Where's the key? Where's the Goblin Crown?

    Second question has been answered, I obviously had it but couldn't see it and can now get into the Emberworks.

    Simon
  • RetsRedsRetsReds Posts: 1,013
    sikm wrote:
    HELP!!

    I've been through this dungeon 4 times, each time I return it's reset. I've killed the boss dragon, Hiss? Hess? each time - at great cost in Health Potions but I've never been able to find any key (for Vyrax's Tower to find the Heartfire Stone). In addition, when I come out of the dungeon to where the small and large chests are I get the Goblin Crown from the small chest but it never shows up in my inventory.

    So: 2 questions...... Where's the key? Where's the Goblin Crown?

    Second question has been answered, I obviously had it but couldn't see it and can now get into the Emberworks.

    Simon


    Quest items are not stored in your inventory like in other games, they are just "stored" in your quest log. So chances are both quests are completed.
Sign In or Register to comment.