My Poison Outlander (with skills analysis)

Comments

• Hmmm i'm sure that your build is pretty good but this is not really a fun gameplay for an outlander i think. Sentinel's set and pistol + shield is maybe good for a tier or for xp but do you test this against monsters lvl 120 in elite mode ? And what is the lvl of yours outlanders empy ?
  • Subsevens wrote:
    Hmmm i'm sure that your build is pretty good but this is not really a fun gameplay for an outlander i think. Sentinel's set and pistol + shield is maybe good for a tier or for xp but do you test this against monsters lvl 120 in elite mode ? And what is the lvl of yours outlanders empy ?
    My Outlanders are currently levels 58 and 59. I've cleared a few dungeons with them on Elite, and they do fine. Your standoff damage is excellent, and you've got a good set of escape tools and things for maintaining distance.

The pistol is not for shooting things with. It's to let you use Tangling Shot and Venomous Hail.
    Trust me, I've checked.
  • Ok ok, i totally understand your build and this is a good idea but in higher level map/difficulty mode, i think it will be harder if you keep this build. Mobs are too many and do too many damages in range to use this build. You can keep it but if you do this, you need to have some hp pool and tank gear to do something in elite mode (i speak in NG +4 mode), so for an outlander it will not be really fun imo.
  • SeedersSeeders Posts: 302
    Just want to pop in to say that you can keep your glaives up very easily with mana on hit (especially with a fast bow).
    vkSzm.jpg
  • Yep, mana is not a problem, there is gems with +48 mana stolen on hit.
  • If you have to stop throwing Glaives to autoattack for mana recharge, you're cutting into your DPS. You really don't want to do that.

I posted another build here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=38219

There's nothing else like it, I promise.
    Trust me, I've checked.
  • ohhsnaps wrote:
    First off i know you want this **** belt! http://i.imgur.com/Tgdlj.jpg. Also thank you very much for this guide! Sadly i didn't see it until i was already lvl 62 so although i can respec my build i can't get back all the points i put into dex without getting flagged as a cheater. :(

Wait, how can you respec your build?
  • 1st1st Posts: 61
    Socket wrote:

By using a respec potion or through the console.
    kop_sig_by_liverpool11-d2xz0ea.png
    You'll never walk alone
  • 1st wrote:
    Socket wrote:

where do you get a respec potion!? :o
  • CryswarCryswar Posts: 171
    Socket wrote:
    1st wrote:
    Socket wrote:

where do you get a respec potion!? :o
    console

>_>

if you enable it just have to do hit insert button -> type "respecpotion" and one will drop at your feet.
    MATHEMAGICAL.
  • Cryswar wrote:
    >_>

if you enable it just have to do hit insert button -> type "respecpotion" and one will drop at your feet.

lol well sorry, I am new to this. anyways, it won't flag you with a (!), if you use this, will it?
  • Socket wrote:
    Cryswar wrote:
    >_>

lol well sorry, I am new to this. anyways, it won't flag you with a (!), if you use this, will it?
    I'm not sure if generating the potion will flag you, but drinking one from your shared stash is safe. If you want to be sure, create a level one character, generate a bunch of potions, and stick them in your shared stash.
    Trust me, I've checked.
  • Empyrean wrote:
    Socket wrote:
    Cryswar wrote:
    >_>

I'm not sure if generating the potion will flag you, but drinking one from your shared stash is safe. If you want to be sure, create a level one character, generate a bunch of potions, and stick them in your shared stash.

It only flags the suspected character and not the account itself, right?
  • Socket wrote:
    Yes.
    Trust me, I've checked.
  • Empyrean wrote:
    Socket wrote:
    Yes.
    Thanks for being so helpful.
  • It's entirely for selfish reasons, but you're welcome.
    Trust me, I've checked.
  • Socket wrote:
    Empyrean wrote:
    Socket wrote:

I think you may have missed my reply on the other page, but I did answer all of this. No big deal though.

If I recall correctly from secondary sources creating the potion will not flag you as a console user although I find this a little hard to believe myself considering you are generating an item, I have also been told that using the console command to just respec skills will not flag you as well although again I find this unlikely. In either case the character will not be listed as a cheater unless you go so far as to restat using the console. I can confirm that drinking the potion does nothing to your character or account in terms of flagging.
  • LynxLynx Posts: 2
    Does + ****% Ranged Weapon Damage bonus actually improve Glaive or just autoattack?
  • Empyrean wrote:
    I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe that the damage modifiers for specific damage types are multiplicative with the damage modifiers for high Focus, rather than additive. If this is true, then if you were to add a +50% poison damage item on top of a 1000 Focus build it would have a much greater effect than adding a +100 Focus item. I'll be able to test this more conclusively once I get my hands on some gear with huge modifiers on them, but as for now the variance would require a whole lot of data collection just to get the damage differences outside of the margin of error due to small sample size. Just eyeballing it, though, I'd say it multiplies your damage output after Focus is taken into account, not before.

Did you ever figure this out? I saw another post of yours that seemed to imply that % Poison Damage, and I would guess % Damage were additive. If so that really hurts a number of these bonuses.
  • They are additive. At least according to a post in his other build thread.
  • Kadath128 wrote:
    They are additive. At least according to a post in his other build thread.
    That's rather unfortunate. Thanks for the information though.
  • Lynx wrote:
    Does + ****% Ranged Weapon Damage bonus actually improve Glaive or just autoattack?

Glaive Throw is not based on your weapon damage.
    Check out the Shooty Summoner here!
  • LynxLynx Posts: 2
    Okay, thanks.
  • No problem. :)
    Check out the Shooty Summoner here!
  • Yeah, confirming that +% damage for poison is additive rather than multiplicative. I initially assumed it was multiplicative because many of those modifiers are so low for the level range of gear you find them on. Random blues show up with +13% damage to one type around the same time you're finding +40 Focus items, which is about half again as effective at boosting all elemental damage and gives you more mana besides.

I suspect this is probably the case for other damage types, but it needs testing to confirm it.
    Trust me, I've checked.
  • Hi empyrean,
    I was playing kind of same build of yours, at least in the core skills, using 5pt into glaives for the mana efficency and the boost u get from the casting speed without mana prob making it ur left attack spam.
    So for make a recap and clarify the best stats for this build:
    Using glaive throw as left attack without mana prob u can use any kind of weap, even melee ones, since u need just the stats they have.
    As stats i end up rate them in this order

Casting speed %
    Focus 1 as 0,5% dmg (didnt check if it has dr or mana cap at some point)
    All Dmg % / poison dmg% (since u say it's additive)

but where do u locate crit chance % and critical dmg % as position in stats priority and when basically they start becoming less effective to others.. like crit% cap at 100% but casting and dmg % go over 100%

For ppl saying glaive can be used at 15pt since playing elite u have small times for dps and u ll benefit more from higher dmg for that 3sec u can dps while kiting.. well u ll not benefit at all from casting speed% plus u ll have less mana or not at all for others surv spells... making u have down time for dps even while kiting.. thats from my exp in elite...
  • pumba321 wrote:
    Using glaive throw as left attack without mana prob u can use any kind of weap, even melee ones, since u need just the stats they have.
    Yes. You're looking for good weapon modifiers like casting speed, and to a much lesser extent crit damage and critrate.
    pumba321 wrote:
    As stats i end up rate them in this order
    Casting speed %
    Focus 1 as 0,5% dmg (didnt check if it has dr or mana cap at some point)
    All Dmg % / poison dmg% (since u say it's additive)
    Looks good. Casting speed boosts are huge offensively and defensively; when your Rune Vault is basically a teleport, you're a whole lot harder to kill.
    pumba321 wrote:
    but where do u locate crit chance % and critical dmg % as position in stats priority and when basically they start becoming less effective to others.. like crit% cap at 100% but casting and dmg % go over 100%
    The formula for this is pretty simple: the value of a critical damage bonus is equal to twice its amount in Focus divided by your crit rate. If your crit rate were 100%, a 50% bonus to critical damage would equate to +100 Focus. If your crit rate is 33%, a 50% bonus to critical damage is worth about +33 Focus.
    pumba321 wrote:
    For ppl saying glaive can be used at 15pt since playing elite u have small times for dps and u ll benefit more from higher dmg for that 3sec u can dps while kiting.. well u ll not benefit at all from casting speed% plus u ll have less mana or not at all for others surv spells... making u have down time for dps even while kiting.. thats from my exp in elite...
    Mana can be used to save time. With +casting speed and Rune Vault, you can cover distance extremely quickly since the spell not only activates more quickly, but moves you more quickly as well. At +80% casting speed (which I have) it feels like a teleport. Then you can empty your entire mana pool in no time flat thanks to the ridiculous casting speed. It will do far more damage in even less time than someone who put more ranks into Glaive Throw, and when you chug a mana potion the mana it gives you translates into even more damage because you're using that mana so much more efficiently.

When I'm playing Elite, I move around a lot, but it takes me basically no time because I'm mostly just near-teleporting around with Rune Vault.
    Trust me, I've checked.
  • naudsnauds Posts: 60
    Hey Empyrean, I'm having some trouble on act 2 elite (solo)

I get bursted really easily, my current build is:

Level 29

1 Rune Vault
    4 Cursed Daggers
    5 Glaive Throw
    8 Dodge Mastery
    6 Share the Wealth
    5 Repulsion Hex
    8 Master of Elements

(with gear)
    10 STR
    42 Dex
    124 Focus
    32 Vitality

2327 HP
    149 Mana

+23% Cast Speed
    +9% Crit Chance
    +54% Crit Damage
    +49% Poison Damage

183 Phys Ressist
    88 Cold
    123 Fire
    162 Lightning
    98 Poison

I use a shield:

20% Block
    27% Dodge
    6% Missile Reflect

I have to stack mana regen, so I'm sure my resistances could be higher. Currently sitting at 11 Mana regen per sec.

Any suggestions?
  • Looks pretty solid for the most part. Only thing I would really add to it is a rank or two in Stone Pact. The regen isn't going to outpace the incoming damage, but every bit helps and the extra armor/resists from it will keep you from getting killed in a single hit against quite so many attacks. There is a lot of poison damage in act 2, and your poison resistance is pretty low. I'd keep an eye out for that or use some ice gems in any available sockets.
    Trust me, I've checked.
  • MetroMetro Posts: 575
    Sorry if this is redundant (trying to cobble together the info from the various answers) but what sort of base stats are good to shoot for in a max level character in this build? 100 base in both agility and vitality and the rest in focus? Or is 100 overkill in those two?