Whats the comfirmed Fame cap?

DigiDanDigiDan Posts: 6
edited October 2012 in TL2 General Discussions
I been playing around with the console (for build testing) and I used it to increase my fame to the highest possible, but it stops right at Demigod. lvl 33.

I keep reading around the fame cap is 50 - 55, but I haven't reached it.

Is Demigod the highest fame possible? or will they patch the remaining levels in later?

Or is there a bug with the console and fame?

I wonder, because I'm trying to find the most optimal build possible with only the max level and fame, and I keep seeing people saying 150 is the max skill points you can get, but I'm only getting 132, 100 from levels and 32 from fame.

I also found this page, although the numbers don't actually match, from exp. it still shows the highest possible fame is 33 aka Demigod

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Torchlight ... e_and_fame

Comments

• I got the same results. As of right now, there are 33 total fame levels (including unrecognized, the starting fame level), for a total of 32 skill points from fame. Until I tested it out myself, I also thought there were 50 levels of fame because that's what everyone appears to have accepted as fact.

I believe there's no level above 33 (Demigod). It takes 63,000 fame to go from Immortal to Demigod, then 9,005,000 to max out demigod. Hitting the required 10,000,000 fame to max out Demigod does not give you another skillpoint.

I also made two new outlanders to try it out. I maxed the fame out on one of them, but didn't add any fame to the other one (didn't use any skill points for either). I turned on godspeed for both characters and ran through until the first side quest. In the sidequest, I had to kill an elite. For the character without any fame added, I received fame from both the elite kill and the side quest reward. For the one that I had maxed out with fame, he did not get any fame and stay at 10,000,000 fame and on Demigod level after both the elite kill and the quest turn-in.

If anyone's curious about the levels and required fame per level, I compiled a list and added it to my list of item indices I'd compiled (The link opens to a google do. It's on the sheet titled "Fame Levels"):

http://bit.ly/Qt0ue2
  • MeemoMeemo Posts: 644
    I got the same results. As of right now, there are 33 total fame levels (including unrecognized, the starting fame level), for a total of 32 skill points from fame. Until I tested it out myself, I also thought there were 50 levels of fame because that's what everyone appears to have accepted as fact.

I believe there's no level above 33 (Demigod). It takes 63,000 fame to go from Immortal to Demigod, then 9,005,000 to max out demigod. Hitting the required 10,000,000 fame to max out Demigod does not give you another skillpoint.

I also made two new outlanders to try it out. I maxed the fame out on one of them, but didn't add any fame to the other one (didn't use any skill points for either). I turned on godspeed for both characters and ran through until the first side quest. In the sidequest, I had to kill an elite. For the character without any fame added, I received fame from both the elite kill and the side quest reward. For the one that I had maxed out with fame, he did not get any fame and stay at 10,000,000 fame and on Demigod level after both the elite kill and the quest turn-in.

If anyone's curious about the levels and required fame per level, I compiled a list and added it to my list of item indices I'd compiled (The link opens to a google do. It's on the sheet titled "Fame Levels"):

Oh man that is gonna wreck a lot of builds. A lot of the theorycrafters were relying on the 150 skill point. Can a developer chime in and tell us if 33 fame skill point really is the max?
    fs_overall.png
  • Meemo wrote:
    I got the same results. As of right now, there are 33 total fame levels (including unrecognized, the starting fame level), for a total of 32 skill points from fame. Until I tested it out myself, I also thought there were 50 levels of fame because that's what everyone appears to have accepted as fact.

Oh man that is gonna wreck a lot of builds. A lot of the theorycrafters were relying on the 150 skill point. Can a developer chime in and tell us if 33 fame skill point really is the max?

Oh no. :( Would love a dev confirmation for this so I don't plan poorly!! ...especially with the lack of "legal" respecing. <_< Imo, the fame should not just have a description, but also a numerical value in the stat point screen.
    This is relevant for theory-crafters, bump.
    fs_overall.png
  • I got the same results. As of right now, there are 33 total fame levels (including unrecognized, the starting fame level), for a total of 32 skill points from fame. Until I tested it out myself, I also thought there were 50 levels of fame because that's what everyone appears to have accepted as fact.

Just want to thank you for this list :)
    Been looking all over for it
  • Meemo wrote:

As was my exact thoughts when I found out the cap was lvl 33. BUMP

we need an update/comfirmation as to if this is the cap or if it will be added later, cuz one thing seems off.

After reaching demigod, there is a huge gap between demigod and the cap in fame points. so i would like to assume the missing levels will go there.
  • so what is the fame limit? 33 or 50? this thread confuses me.
  • bump
  • Cody900Cody900 Posts: 144
    It's 33, I'm at Demigod from playing normally, but getting 10 mil for the last rank is just ugh, gonna take forever. Almost at 2 mil.
    Cody900 wrote:
    It's 33, I'm at Demigod from playing normally, but getting 10 mil for the last rank is just ugh, gonna take forever. Almost at 2 mil.

Wow that's pretty lame. Wonder why Runic chose that number.
    fs_overall.png
  • KurrusKurrus Posts: 173
    Thanks for the info, didn't know this.
  • DigiDan wrote:
    Meemo wrote:

we need an update/comfirmation as to if this is the cap or if it will be added later, cuz one thing seems off.

After reaching demigod, there is a huge gap between demigod and the cap in fame points. so i would like to assume the missing levels will go there.

Yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense... If that were the case, I wonder why they weren't implemented yet. Maybe it's just a glitch and those levels are skipped.
  • DigiDan wrote:
    Meemo wrote:

Yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense... If that were the case, I wonder why they weren't implemented yet. Maybe it's just a glitch and those levels are skipped.

BUMP. Would like Dev confirmation on this thread. There is that GIANT gap between 'immortal' and 'demigod' experience that is require. Are there supposed to be levels in between there?

With the inability to change a significant portion of my build in a "legal" way...I think giving us this information is very necessary for planning our build so our choices are not punished and thus 30+ hours of work are not wasted.
    It's not between immortal and demigod, it's after you get demigod. Don't know what the last rank is called, if you can't level up once more after demigod then there's only 32 ranks.
    Cody900 wrote:
    It's not between immortal and demigod, it's after you get demigod. Don't know what the last rank is called, if you can't level up once more after demigod then there's only 32 ranks.

Oh that's even worse, yeah gonna go ahead and use my respec potion as my build is screwed now.
    fs_overall.png
  • Cody900 wrote:

Edit: Nvm...I got you now....demigod's number is the total xp you've earned, correct? If so....dang 132 skill points....18 less than I was expecting. You would think a dev would have corrected this assumption for all the serious theory crafters. T.T Still would like a total 100% dev confirmation. Or a screenshot of demigod or something of the like.
  • CailleCaille Posts: 127
    Trying to keep this thread afloat since the Theorycrafters deserve to know if they overplanned 18 points or not.

Alexis
    *smiles*
    The fairer **** indeed exists, even though tales may yet persist; that no girls on the intraweb can there be found. Do you get the gist? Or shall my tongue in cheeky manner spin this into other banter?
    Cody900 wrote:

Edit: Nvm...I got you now....demigod's number is the total xp you've earned, correct? If so....dang 132 skill points....18 less than I was expecting. You would think a dev would have corrected this assumption for all the serious theory crafters. T.T Still would like a total 100% dev confirmation. Or a screenshot of demigod or something of the like.

I'm surprised a dev hasn't chimed in yet.
    fs_overall.png
    Then here, I'll let you count the skill points.

http://i.imgur.com/BpOtG.jpg

Each one maxed apart from cold steel at 12. First tab is 60 points, second tab is 27 points, third tab is 45 points, which adds up to 132. 100 from levels, 32 from fame. Demigod is the 32nd fame level, I don't know how you got anything different.

EDIT: You edited too lol, nvm. But it's still there if you want to count yourself.
  • Really curious about this too. Love theorycrafting and this makes a rather huge difference.

On a side note, how much fame did people have when they finished the first run through (before map room or new game +)?
    Really curious about this too. Love theorycrafting and this makes a rather huge difference.

On a side note, how much fame did people have when they finished the first run through (before map room or new game +)?

I was around 218k, then again I farmed a bit ._.
    fs_overall.png
  • No Paragon level?

Boo...
    ..(>'o')> (::) <('o'<)..
    "Using them for wickedness would be like beating a unicorn to death with a bag of rainbows..."
    "There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs!"
  • orion21orion21 Posts: 208
    Oh, wait, what? Only 32 points from fame? That ruins my whole concept. :/
  • DocSunDocSun Posts: 126
    This really does mess with my build, I wish the guys from Runic would respond and let us know otherwise they really should give up a free one time respec because I need to rethink my build majorly.
    fs_overall.png
  • orion21orion21 Posts: 208
    132 is a strange number, too. With 150 you can max out 10 skills of your choice, which seems much more like a round thing. Can't wait for Runics answer.
  • Posting because i want an answer too!
  • Bump. Theory crafters need an answer.
  • yellow reply, yeah yeah!
  • i pmed a few yellows so they can answer this for us

lets sit and hope!!
    Bump for knowledge.
    fs_overall.png