Glorious
    Legendary
    Exalted
    Fabled
    Mythic
    Immortal
    Demigod
    Unattainable

granted they take exponentially longer to get... therefore the last one is "Unattainable"
  • orion21orion21 Posts: 208
    I don't know anything about mods, but is there a chance someone makes a mod that increases the fame cap to 50?
  • orion21 wrote:
    I don't know anything about mods, but is there a chance someone makes a mod that increases the fame cap to 50?

Hopefully, that and a Stat+Skill Respec Potion.
  • brophogbrophog Posts: 128
    Meemo wrote:
    Oh man that is gonna wreck a lot of builds. A lot of the theorycrafters were relying on the 150 skill point. Can a developer chime in and tell us if 33 fame skill point really is the max?

Yeah, 150 was a nice number for a lot of builds, being a multiple of 15.
  • FlamingPhoenixFlamingPhoenix Posts: 941
    edited September 2012
    01 Unrecognized (you start at this level)
    02 Barely Known
    03 Recognized
    04 Tolerated
    05 Acknowledged
    06 Respected
    07 Well-Known
    08 Liked
    09 Memorable
    10 Honored
    11 Prominent
    12 Local Hero
    13 Widely Known
    14 Remarkable
    15 Ascendant
    16 Distinguished
    17 Prestigious
    18 Eminent
    19 Folk Hero
    20 Famous
    21 Acclaimed
    22 Local Legend
    23 Illustrious
    24 Renowned
    25 Celebrated
    26 Lionized
    27 Glorious
    28 Legendary
    29 Exalted
    30 Fabled
    31 Mythic
    32 Immortal
    33 Demigod
    34 Unattainable

Numbering them so people know where they are.

Thanks for telling us.
    Edit: Added note and removed unneeded data.
  • They should just add some to make it a round number of 50, for 150 SkillPoints.

I forsee a lot of complaints in the future for those who don't visit the forums.
  • If I reach Immortal on HC, does that actually make my character immortal? :mrgreen:
  • adoomgodadoomgod Posts: 4,270
    Well this changes things.
    cuA6w.png
    I put the "DOOM" in "****."
  • brophogbrophog Posts: 128
    JamesGames wrote:
    They should just add some to make it a round number of 50, for 150 SkillPoints.

I forsee a lot of complaints in the future for those who don't visit the forums.

If not 150, then 135. Multiples of the max per skill just makes a lot of sense, particularly given the tier structure in the active skills.
  • KhamKham Posts: 172
    I don't get it. 150 would've made perfect sense because it allows you to max 1 skill tree.

This is a terrible choice imo.
  • MeemoMeemo Posts: 644
    Kham wrote:
    I don't get it. 150 would've made perfect sense because it allows you to max 1 skill tree.

Terrible is an understatement. It's quite frankly completely illogical.
    fs_overall.png
    Meemo wrote:
    Kham wrote:

Terrible is an understatement. It's quite frankly completely illogical.

My guess is they simply ran out of names for fame tiers and said "**** this it's gonna be 33 then"
  • This is nearly the identical fame ranks from Torchlight 1. I'm not really sure how the whole 50 fame thing got started.

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=29345#p259393
    Belandrew wrote:
    This is nearly the identical fame ranks from Torchlight 1. I'm not really sure how the whole 50 fame thing got started.

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=29345#p259393

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Torchlight ... e_and_fame

That's why people thought there were roughly 50 total fame ranks. Or at least some solid number not freaking 32 (or 33).
    fs_overall.png
  • Meemo wrote:
    http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Torchlight ... e_and_fame

That's why people thought there were roughly 50 total fame ranks. Or at least some solid number not freaking 32 (or 33).

Notice how everything after 33 is Unattainable? They weren't kidding. It's exactly the same as Torchlight 2.
  • Meemo wrote:
    http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Torchlight/Experience_and_fame

There are 34 ranks. You start at rank 1 and end Fame leveling at rank 34
  • Cody900Cody900 Posts: 144
    Meemo wrote:

Read this thread, there's 33. If unobtainable is really obtainable, people using mods couldn't get it...
  • FlamingPhoenixFlamingPhoenix Posts: 941
    edited September 2012
    Cody900 wrote:
    Meemo wrote:

Read this thread, there's 32.

Did you now. Please go back and read the entire thread again.

Unobtainable is a title. Not the status.
    Same rank as in Fate. That only had 20.
  • Cody900Cody900 Posts: 144
    Yeah I meant 33, either way there ain't 34.
  • Cody900 wrote:
    Yeah I meant 33, either way there ain't 34.

Unobtainable is a title not a status.

Belandrew wrote:

Notice how everything after 33 is Unattainable? They weren't kidding. It's exactly the same as Torchlight 2.

Did you even look at the link? The max is 55. You can still get more SP after unattainable in TL1. Which apparently is not the case for TL2.
    fs_overall.png
  • Meemo wrote:

Belandrew wrote:

Did you even look at the link? The max is 55. You can still get more SP after unattainable in TL1. Which apparently is not the case for TL2.

You get more skill points you don't gain any more Fame though.......There are only 34 Titles.
    You get more skill points you don't gain any more Fame though.......There are only 34 Titles.

I don't care about the titles, but can you really confirm that I can get more skill points pass unattainable?

In TL1 you get more fame after unattainable. In fact you can do it at least 20 times.
    fs_overall.png
  • Meemo wrote:

I don't care about the titles, but can you really confirm that I can get more skill points pass unattainable?

In TL1 you get more fame after unattainable. In fact you can do it at least 20 times.

No, i was just agreeing with you in a argumentive fashion. can't really confirm anything.
  • KCorneliusKCornelius Posts: 42 ✭✭✭✭
    If we added enough fame ranks to make it an even 150, the next thread would be "150 skill point?! That's too few! That makes no sense? Why can I max only 10 skills?". Chances are, most people would not max out exactly 10 skills, anyhow. There are a lot of utility skills you leave at 1 point, or maybe 5 to get the first tier bonus. Some skills you can choose to only use for their effect, and investment raises the mana cost, and thus decreases the utility you glean from that skill. Frankly, my character could use another 53 points (I am demigod and lvl 100, and just counted) to max out all the other skills that could help my build. That number is going to vary from player to player, and we had to make the cap somewhere. That being said, it does make me weigh my choices more heavily, because I know that I cannot max everything.
  • Just tested this on a test char I made so I could use the console and then just delete him....got up to max demigod and lvl 100... 131 skill points NOT counting the first point that's already invested in a skill at the start of the game...so 132 if you include that one as well. :) Hope this helps!!
    Just tested this on a test char I made so I could use the console and then just delete him....got up to max demigod and lvl 100... 131 skill points NOT counting the first point that's already invested in a skill at the start of the game...so 132 if you include that one as well. :) Hope this helps!!

Just makes me more sad :/
    Kham wrote:
    Just tested this on a test char I made so I could use the console and then just delete him....got up to max demigod and lvl 100... 131 skill points NOT counting the first point that's already invested in a skill at the start of the game...so 132 if you include that one as well. :) Hope this helps!!

Just makes me more sad :/

same at least I can make use of that respec pot now :>
    fs_overall.png