Zidders Flitters

PennyT18PennyT18 Posts: 165
edited September 2015 in TL2 General Discussions
I just got a pair of Zidders Flitters! LOL!! Made me giggle.

Comments

• ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,348 ✭✭✭
    Totally found this googling my own items, not ashamed to admit.
    ItfooQF.png
  • embermanemberman Posts: 729
    A significant portion of my most successful HCE run was done wearing Zidders Boots of the Roo. I don't remember any stats except that it must have had decent movement speed bonuses.
    emberman wrote:
    A significant portion of my most successful HCE run was done wearing Zidders Boots of the Roo. I don't remember any stats except that it must have had decent movement speed bonuses.

Yay!
    ItfooQF.png
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Hey Zids, are these from a mod you made, or did Runic name some items after you? Either way, that is awesome!
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
    Phanjam wrote:
    Hey Zids, are these from a mod you made, or did Runic name some items after you? Either way, that is awesome!

Runic named a bunch of items after community members. Mine were ZIdders Flitters, Zidders Boots of the Roo, and the Zidderscrown. The Ember adventurers club has a few, too. Coif & gloves of the Ember Adventurers.
    ItfooQF.png
    That is SO cool! I must find them :twisted: !
    Torchmodders
  • KilliousKillious Posts: 1,539
    I love that Runic named items after community members :). Of course this has absolutely nothing to do with me having an item named after me :P. Seriously though, I thought it was really cool of Runic to do this. I love that nod to the community.

http://torchlight.wikia.com/wiki/File:G ... llious.jpg
    Sig.png
    Please Don't Feed The Trolls
  • RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    Killious wrote:
    I love that Runic named items after community members :). Of course this has absolutely nothing to do with me having an item named after me :P. Seriously though, I thought it was really cool of Runic to do this. I love that nod to the community.

Unfortunately they do not fit well on my engineer! Curse you class specifics! I want that +35% pet damage!
  • KilliousKillious Posts: 1,539
    Rusty wrote:
    Killious wrote:

Unfortunately they do not fit well on my engineer! Curse you class specifics! I want that +35% pet damage!

Well, if you absolutely must have that +35% pet damage then you could always download the mod that removes class restrictions :). Perhaps that's not your style though, nothing wrong with vanilla TL2. I played vanilla for the longest time before I installed mods (at least any mod that wasn't a bag/stash space mod).
    Sig.png
    Please Don't Feed The Trolls
    Torchlight II was more than a few dreams come true to me. I got my name on a few items in a game by some of the main folks who made D1 and D2, I got to hang out with Matt Uelmen & thank him for all the inspiration, I made a bunch of great friends here, it helped me learn to cope with my depression, and I got to help develop a video game.

Runic & its community have been awesome to me. It isn't just about the game it's about a pivotal moment in my life where life went from worse to so much better. I can't thank the folks at Runic & their community enough for the role they've had to play in turning my life around.
    ItfooQF.png
    Hey Zidds, I think you're worth every bit of that effort :)
    Torchmodders
  • CWEBB04zCWEBB04z Posts: 18
    emberman wrote:

Pretty useful stats for Ooutlanders! I kept my pair cause they served me well!

Untitled_zps83d2324b.jpg
    :3
    ItfooQF.png
  • adoomgodadoomgod Posts: 4,270
    I've googled my items, found people mention them on steam conversations, and personally gone out of my way to let them know they were dedicated to me. I'm shameless.
    cuA6w.png
    I put the "DOOM" in "****."
    edited July 2014
    adoomgod wrote:
    I've googled my items, found people mention them on steam conversations, and personally gone out of my way to let them know they were dedicated to me. I'm shameless.
    LOL! We wouldn't expect anything less from ya Doom!

EDIT - um sorry, but what were your items?
    Torchmodders
  • JibakuJibaku Posts: 119
    Can't wait to find your items! :mrgreen:
    allard01 wrote:
    i had never known about arcane alchemist gear - lvl 40 and up as more as now I got. Such a beautiful topic to aware the people about arcane alchemist gear - lvl 40 and up.
    "Such a beautiful topic to aware the people"
    adoomgod wrote:

I bring them up whenever I can. I constantly look for reasons to though I tend to tell people more about the Ember Adventurers Club than my items because even though the guild kinda died it had a huge impact on my life as well as on the game. The Embies will always be one of the best groups of folks I've known in my life ever. I'm pretty **** that the Torchlight II armory isn't around anymore because it means less of a chance people will be looking up my items but at least I have imgur to link to.

Her'e's the Ember Adventurers stuff:
    YugLuKy.png
    Pur5njS.png

And Zidders stuff:
    lorX1W3.pngoEBYKQu.png2RzeA9v.png

Also Arkhams item
    xYCVdZs.png

And Wonders
    WarrW0i.png

I'm sorry if I missed anyone else's but at the time I grabbed these I wasn't sure who else had items named after them. If anyone has screenshots of their items or knows who else had them it would be appreciated if you posted the pics here.
    ItfooQF.png
  • CWEBB04zCWEBB04z Posts: 18
    I actually have lord arkhams vambraces too lol.. When I get home I'm going to check if I still have them. I used those for a while too.
    Phanjam wrote:
    adoomgod wrote:
    LOL! We wouldn't expect anything less from ya Doom!

EDIT - um sorry, but what were your items?

A doom's **** fist.

Kicks of the doom ****.

The fist is one of the most powerful maces for it's level actually. One of the things I specifically requested was that all it's damage be fire. Look at all the other uniques in the game. Almost all of them have their damage divided up into at least 2 types. Because Torchlight has flat resists, having a weapon with just 1 damage type makes it ungodly. Good times.
    cuA6w.png
  • gytfunkegytfunke Posts: 571
    It is pretty ungodly, Doom. I use it for my Elite **** melee fire mage as it's the only thing that really makes the build work.
    gytfunke wrote:
    It is pretty ungodly, Doom. I use it for my Elite **** melee fire mage as it's the only thing that really makes the build work.

A WORTHY TRIBUTE TO MY NAME!
    cuA6w.png
    Doom Fist & The Flitters sounds like a Vegas lounge act. I like it.
    ItfooQF.png
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    The other item that was named after me was Lord Arkham's Creed (shoulderpiece, I believe).
    The vambraces are probably the cooler item though, since they are also a clever shoutout to the Torchlight deviantart group.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • To be quite honest, it's hard to find good Unique Outlander Boots that compare to Zidder's Flitters. Right now the only thing I could find that was better was a Level 68 Rare with 2 Gem Slots. And apparently Magic Find is best put at between 20-30% if you want more Uniques(at least in my experience as well as some forums i looked up). It's awesome that some community members get to have items named after them. It just shows that Runic actually cares more for the community than what alot of people seem to think(even though the Heirloom bug in TL1 will probably never get fixed due to TL1 being obsolete).

I would love to score a Doom ****'s Fist. If I ever get one, i'm gonna play a class that specifically uses claw weapons just for that item.
    Edit: I'm an Idiot. Doom ****'s Fist is a Mace. I seem to have plenty of staff Uniques and Melee Weapon Uniques, just need more low level and cap level pistols, more unique cannons and more unique armour. I'm really looking forward to Tarroch's Tomb, but I had to reroll on Normal Mode after dying repeatedly on NG+ Veteran. First Playthrough of Veteran was awesome, but then i just died left and right after NG+ started.
    To be quite honest, it's hard to find good Unique Outlander Boots that compare to Zidder's Flitters.

Thank you. I really, really needed the smile and warm fuzzies.
    <3

I think my main issue is I'm not good with the mechanics side of things so I never knew just how good those shoes were. I was humbled when I found out Runic was naming stuff after me and I'm twice as humbled now. I'm very grateful but then they're probably getting tired of me going on about it. Still...they're a great group of folks. They deserve it.
    ItfooQF.png