2 ways to die in ****. choose 1...

OchsenseppOchsensepp Posts: 112
edited January 2013 in TL Hardcore Mode
i played now 7 ****-chars and i only saw two sorts of deaths at all.

1. death cos of usual failures like wrong evaluations of strength of the char or being too sleepy
2. death cos of CHARGE-OF DEATH from mobs outside your screen

out of seven four chars died cos of reason number 2!

the 3 chars which died by reason number one i deleted. rest in piece u tried it hard and failed.

but i really have problem to delete the other chars, cos they really had no chance at all avoiding their death.
they literally died like if the hammer came down out of nowhere and hit em. no chance to react in any way.

tbh honest, i dont think that this is coincidence at all. happens far too often (not only in **** mode. my normal veteran mage died a bazillion times like that).
its pretty frustrating. i dont think its a good thing to die that way in **** mode. if it wouldnt sound like a complete nutty nerd i would say: the chars dont deserve it that way its dirty. it stinks like snipers stink in shooters.
i really think about waiting for a mod to revive the chars who died that same lousy charge-to-death way. all others i will delete without mercy in future times.
the second thing i will wait for is a camera-mod.
the third thing i will wait for is a mod which implements an escape mechanism for evry class with evry spec within the first levels.
would pretty much fix that sort of headshot-sniperism "gameplay".

Comments

Almost died a few times because I click to move but the game starts moving closer to attack a goblin near to where I clicked. There needs to be a button that can be held to only move and not attack. Sort of like how Shift stops the character from moving and only attacks.
  • torgad wrote:

Almost died a few times because I click to move but the game starts moving closer to attack a goblin near to where I clicked. There needs to be a button that can be held to only move and not attack. Sort of like how Shift stops the character from moving and only attacks.

There is a button like that already, check the keybindings and find the "Move" binding.
  • I died in two other different ways.

The first was to a regent glitch. The second was to AOE DOTs in act three. Those purple flames are brutal.

I did lose one character in act 2 from an off screen charge though but maybe it was a scarab.
  • Ochsensepp wrote:

i really think about waiting for a mod to revive the chars who died that same lousy charge-to-death way. all others i will delete without mercy in future times.
    the second thing i will wait for is a camera-mod.
    the third thing i will wait for is a mod which implements an escape mechanism for evry class with evry spec within the first levels.
    would pretty much fix that sort of headshot-sniperism "gameplay".

Well, if you really want to restore a **** character there is an easy way to do it since all data is stored user side.

You just have to go into your torchlight II save data. You will see all your saved characters in there. Each living character has two files: a .SVB and a .Restore file. You will want to make sure your file extensions are visible. What you want to do is turn off the steam cloud synch option and remove the SVB file of the character you want restored to your desktop, or some other place. You then rename the .restore extension of your dead character to .SVB and then turn the steam cloud sync back on. You can delete the original .svb file you removed.
  • KoolichKoolich Posts: 138
    Hello, I have a thread opened in the support section of the Torchlight 2 forums that is requesting an increase in the viewing distance for similar reasons including the fact that the Embermage's and Outlander's ranges are longer than the view distance.
  • TieryalTieryal Posts: 420
    Dying instantaneously with "no chance to react" really doesn't have to do anything with the game or how it plays.

You aren't geared enough to be in that area. Stop going there or stop being so under geared and that wont ever happen.
    **** Elite 100 Beserker NG(4) Cleared, World First.
    http://twitch.tv/tieryal
    http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=43170
  • NauzhrorNauzhror Posts: 1,090
    Tieryal wrote:
    Dying instantaneously with "no chance to react" really doesn't have to do anything with the game or how it plays.

You aren't geared enough to be in that area. Stop going there or stop being so under geared and that wont ever happen.

Tell that to those pesky corpse shamblers ;)
    Wq022Hq.png
    "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams