Comments

• Thank you thank you :)

love the tut, bring more plz :)

will there be more tut about other areas of "how to's" the PrEditor ?

thank you again and the team i am one who is looking forward to the rel of ToruchLight
  • Thank you Patrick for part 2!

The randomization in this game is a step forward compared to older ARPGs. You can have a random level layout but also a hand-crafted feel (unlike a fully random maze type level)

The tricky part is to test all the different variations. A nice trick would be to save chunks of levels in a different file, test them and put them in your main level when you need them. Or actually test them on the fly with the “Start Here” option.
  • Thanks for the video. I think individual player-made levels have the potential to be very interesting.

So the randomized bridge element we see here is just part of a single "chunk," right? I'm curious as to how chunks are made, and how you ensure that their geometries match up where they join together.
    The Basement My random mini-dungeon mod
    Here comes Leviathan! Starch 2 mod
  • Glad everybody is enjoying it. The part with the bridge is just a section within a level chunk. When the entire room is complete, that is what would be considered a chunk. And an entire floor is made up of 3-4 chunks.
  • BissrokBissrok Posts: 654
    Very nice. I think I'm more excited about the level editor than I am about the actual game now.
  • WebbstreWebbstre Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭
    Bissrok wrote:
    Very nice. I think I'm more excited about the level editor than I am about the actual game now.

I'm afraid that is an affliction known as Sporitis. I'd visit your local doctor to get a cream that fixes it :P
    Administrator/Former Owner of Runic Games Fansite. Be sure to visit RGF for all your Torchlight series needs![/color] Don't forget to check out ModDrop as a one stop solution for installing and sharing mods easily!
  • Thanks for these tutorials, and I can't wait to get my hands on the Modding set!
    Al Swearengen: What's the matter — taken by a vision? You would not want to be staring like that at me.
  • I do admit, it will be VERY hard beating the game before touching the tools but I am going to attempt it! I just have a feeling I won't succeed and will begin modding within 3 days of getting it... maybe within 10 minutes ****

This is just way to cool!
    Charmed & Dangerous
    Varrah.gif
  • Cannot wait for this, I love creating little scenarios in the games - again can't wait. :3
    Loved Mythos, Loving Torchlight
  • Mystique wrote:
    I do admit, it will be VERY hard beating the game before touching the tools but I am going to attempt it! I just have a feeling I won't succeed and will begin modding within 3 days of getting it... maybe within 10 minutes ****

This is just way to cool!
    I prefer to play first so I don't go into the modding blind. That way I don't Mod and then play the game and go, oh **** I could have done that...?
  • leoleezleoleez Posts: 276
    I am quite exicted by these, not only do they show us what we can do, but guides us in uses that seem to be most practical.
    former mythos and D2 player
    UNs i've used: leoleez, leodaknight, leotheknight, zealotlee, etc.
This discussion has been closed.