Potential Elite Tank Build - 1H/Shield

123468

Comments

  • DabamfDabamf Posts: 2
    Grom's Fireblade makes the early levels infinitely more easy. I found it on my 2nd character through, but I imagine if it doesn't drop, just don't complete the quest and then you can probably redo the arena. If you complete cacklespit's quest, you can't redo the arena.

    I could equip the sword at lvl 9 after pumping full focus + a few +focus items I had found. I also had it enchanted 3 times with +fire dmg, so the thing does 377 dps. 377dps at lvl 9 is preposterous. That + flame hammer and the entire screen gets 1 shot. This sword is godly and makes the early levels super easy and fun. I'm pumping ff and fire and spark, leaving seismic at 1 since it's no where near the dps of regular auto attack or flame hammer. Just remember to keep respecing flame hammer out.
  • NauzhrorNauzhror Posts: 1,090
    Seems the issue for me is most one-handed elemental weapons have perhaps decent dps, and appear decent, until you realize dps doesn't mean much if it attacks fast because:

    400 dps against an enemy with 250 armor:

    very slow 1.6 seconds

    very fast: .72 seconds

    same dps, but in 30 seconds you attack 18 times doing 18 * (400*1.6-250) = 7,020 damage

    as opposed to: 41 attacks doing: 41 * (400*.72-250) = 1,558 damage

    That type of difference is also why I think 2-handed weapons are better than people are giving them credit for - they numerically might not have much higher dps, but when you factor in enemy armor, and attack speed and damage per hit they often actually deal far far more damage.
    Wq022Hq.png
    "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams
  • Dekar0Dekar0 Posts: 93
    So, is anyone able to post a 15/15 level 100 seismic pic? I'm interested to see if it's useful for damage up until emberquake comes around. I was going to use hammer but it feels useless if you plan on quaking while seismic will still have stun capability.

    Thanks in advance.
  • Dekar0 wrote:
    So, is anyone able to post a 15/15 level 100 seismic pic? I'm interested to see if it's useful for damage up until emberquake comes around. I was going to use hammer but it feels useless if you plan on quaking while seismic will still have stun capability.

    Thanks in advance.

    Here you go, it's worth it imo. Dmg is nuts when you see it in action.

    seismicslamlvl100.png

    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • Seismic Slam's main use is CC, though I use it against bosses because it's roughly the same DPCT as Emberquake and costs about half as much mana. It's worth getting to 15/15 because of the increased radius and stun chance primarily.

    Onslaught -> Fire Bash -> Seismic Slam -> Emberquake spam = very dead boss.
    Steam: Dr. Faustroll / Runic: scionofhorus
  • Dekar0Dekar0 Posts: 93
    Awesome thanks, looks like I'm going for SS till EQ on my tankingeer
  • son12son12 Posts: 8
    edited October 2012
    So I've endured the 42 levels and finally got emberquake. I'm 46 now and near the end of act 3. I must say emberquake is a little underwhelming. It costs a lot of mana(44 mana at 4/15) and casting is very slow, relatively speaking. I have 50 dex and 35 vit, leaving me at around 200 focus so far, which is almost +90% magic damage. Other relevant stats are 4.5khp, 200mana, 8/sec mana regen, 30% block, 10% crit, 10% dodge, 20% missile reflect, ~150 resists all round.

    Althought emberquake damage is decent and much higher than anything I have, my main issue with it is the lack of charge generation. I find that a full charge FF at my level would probably last about 2 casts of emberquake. Emberquake itself does not give you any charge, so given that I would onslaught > seismic > dynamo dyanmo dynamo and emberquake whenever I felt like I could get 5 charges again before FF broke. Many times I would only be able to afford to emberquake once before having to refresh FF. I wouldn't last 2 seconds without FF standing toe to toe with mobs.

    I have to say this eng build is turning out to be much harder than my 1st character, the glaive outlander. I deal much less damage and die more often due to FF dropping too fast. Take grom's arena for example, I wouldn't be able to risk onslaught > seismic because a full charge FF wouldn't last long enough. I ended up shadowbursting around the edges of the mob pack casting dynamo for full charge before emberquaking a few times. The fight took me forever.

    Is there something I'm doing wrong? Do I just need better dynamo? The one saving grace would be a lucky charge **** proc (1/15 only). Given this, I'm starting to think that charge **** might be worth maxing out so I don't need to spend as much time using dynamo to gain charge for FF. I know its not 100% reliable, but I think with 10% at max it would happen more often than not when clearing dungeons with mob packs. Or maybe I should stop at 7/15, 6%, as many point out as the "sweet spot" such that each point invested gives almost 1%.

    And this is not to mention charge generation troubles with 1 on 1 bosses or champions. I've actually been toying around with shield bash for this purpose. It scales with Focus, has extremely fast casting, point for point on par with dynamo in terms of single target charge generation, and it deals decent damage especially at max charge. Each charge is suppose to give an additional 10% bash damage, but I'm told its somehow bugged to deal much more? Is this true? I find that in 1 on 1 cases, chaining shield bash might give better dps, because with emberquake, sure you might deal more damage in a single cast, but you need to stop and dynamo for charge generation. Shield bash has excellent charge generation built-in.

    How does this build look? [LINK DELETED]
    As mentioned above I might take some out of roflcoper/seismic/dynamo for 7/15 or max charge **** so I don't have to stop for charge.

    Also, would Sword and Board help at all? Would it be worth 1 point to add 20% shield armor to weapon dps? Or does it not go towards the calculation for skills based on weapon dps?

    Any advice is appreciated.
  • Dekar0Dekar0 Posts: 93
    son12 wrote:
    I would end up shadowbursting around the edges of the mob pack casting dynamo for full charge before emberquaking a few times.

    Are you a Zerkingeer? Where do I download?!

    On topic, while I'm only half through act2 on my highest atm... and I'm not really that fond of "on kill" things, are there any bosses/champs that are actually by themselves? Everything I've encountered so far has had endless summons boss-wise, and a pack of 5-7 things champ-wise. So taking this into consideration if you maxed charge and it's ~10% you have a good chance of it proc'ing once per champ and many times throughout a boss fight no?
  • I specced out of Dynamo Field a long time ago and decided to max Charge **** simply because I found having to leap in and spam DF a) annoying and b) seriously hampered my killing speed.

    With regards to bosses, honestly, I find them to be a joke. Their damage output seems lower than a lot of trash packs, so I don't worry about maintaining a full charge FF and just Onslaught out to reapply as necessary.

    [LINK DELETED] is my build at 100 (yes, I'm aware I'm missing two points, and no, I don't have any idea where to put them). I'm pretty satisfied with it on Veteran.

    EDIT: What is everyone using for a weapon at 100? I gambled a [LINK DELETED].
    Steam: Dr. Faustroll / Runic: scionofhorus
  • Dekar0Dekar0 Posts: 93
    Well I feel like quartermass was made for engys
  • The Engineer I've mentioned before in this thread I deleted after beating NG on Veteran. It was by far the most durable build I've played. I could stand toe-to-toe with bosses and not run away and Forcefield did decent with staying up.

    However, it was just so boring. Why would I complain about a build that only had 4 deaths (all before level 10)? I don't know... As mentioned by someone else, maybe Emberquake was not as great as I had hoped. Maybe I expected to do better damage auto-attacking and feel it would do decent damage. Maybe I want to actually swing my sword to kill things at times and not rely on only one spell to do everything.

    I have since rerolled another Engineer but not quite sure which direction to take him.
    Runic/Steam ID: greybucket
  • Dekar0 wrote:
    Well I feel like quartermass was made for engys
    I suspect it'll do comparable DPS as the Rebuke, though I dunno how good the Lightning proc is. Unfortunately, I feel like the only real upgrade I have is the Wizard of Gore, which is superboring and I hate using swords.
    Steam: Dr. Faustroll / Runic: scionofhorus
  • Weapon selection for this build seems entirely based around beneficial magical properties on the weapons and has very little to do with weapon dps. I messed around with the training dummy and emberquake. Swapping out a 130 dps sword with a 410 dps mace I noticed hardly any change in actual damage. The best modifiers a weapon can have for this build are mana stolen on hit, +% Fire damage and maybe increased charge build.

    I am level 72 atm. Dynamo is level 12. Building charge really isn't too much of a problem. I just wait for moments when I have at least 2-3 enemies to hit at a time which builds a full charge pretty quick. Getting the most out of your Forcefield requires some defensive stats. Having a high block rate helps as that prevents attacks from even touching Forcfield. After that, looking for items that reduce all damage by a % are the next best defense. The three best items for engineers would be a pair of level 36 unique boots: [LINK DELETED]. For every other slot there are options for 5% reduction to all damage. Except weapons which at best have 1% reduction. Stacking as much of this damage reduction as possible through equipment and socketables will make your forcefield last a lot longer.

    Then for damage grab as much +% fire damage gear as possible. One ring I am really trying hard to gamble up is [LINK DELETED]. Enchant all your equipment with a stat enchanter and stack Focus mostly. Vit can help if you are not at the block cap. Dex can help by adding some dodge, but really between the damage reduction, block and forcefield, stacking dodge is a little overkill. Especially if your kill speed is rather low.

    The last piece is mana regen. The heal bot helps but by no means is enough to spam emberquake endlessly. Also spamming mana pots can either be costly or too slow to keep up depending on what you have available. Some mana gain per second voidgems or skulls can help a lot but even those can fall short. So placing a steal mana on hit gem in your weapon really is the best way to make sure you will always have enough mana.

    A note on mana stealing. I socketed a sword that did physical and poison damage with a void ember. I was only getting mana on critical hits however. Normal hits were landing for 1 damage. My mace which has electrical damage and a hokobo skull was returning mana with every hit, and was also hitting for more than 1 with every strike. So I am not sure right now if mana stealing needs to hit for more than 1 damage in order for it to work. If that's the case make sure your weapon has fire or electrical damage as those two elements get the most benefit from your skills and therefore seem to always land decent hits.

    Tl;DR version: I am trying to stack damage reduction, focus and +%fire damage. Mana steal on hit is great. I haven't tried cast speed modifiers yet, but that might be worth looking into if it affects Emberquake.
  • Dersu42 wrote:
    Then for damage grab as much +% fire damage gear as possible. One ring I am really trying hard to gamble up is [LINK DELETED]

    In general - thx for your thougths on gems + enchant + gear ... it really helped me a bunch!!!!

    I'm curious about the ring you linked - in which part of the game can you gamble that? I've never played torchlight 1 .. so I'm very new to the game. Atm I'm in NG+ so it seems I'm gambling a lot highre level stuff.
  • beastmodeengagedbeastmodeengaged Posts: 235
    edited October 2012
    I logged in to talk about gear and awesomely enough it looks like the thread is already moving towards emberquaking gear.

    I have a few suggestions. First of all, Mooritz of the Desert is a random enchanter that "Enchants Items With Fire". On armor one of the four enchants he gives to armor +% 3-10% fire damage. That is the best enchantment an emberquaker can have so you should look for him. I don't know if you can stack multiple +% fire, but someone should try. If you can't, then +%fire followed by +focus is the best armor enchant.

    Ever since you tipped me off to Pandectos, I have been gambling for them. The dice man in the Mapworks on first play through is selling me rings of the appropriate ilevel most often. I just bought an ilevel 58 unique ring from him (The Spellring) for 3776 gold. I have Barter IV, 12% reduction in prices. I'm sure they're coming soon.

    What are other good items? Forgecrafted Tunic, Tunic of Triangulation, Mace of Hearts all are reasonable at my level. Fortress of Fools is just a great shield for a non-shield basher. Straight-Shot Shoulderguards give nice fire damage.

    Two updates. One is that I just gambled a pandectos for about 3600. (Yay!) The other is that I found a Telescoping Goggle Helm, which is a good piece.
  • I logged in to talk about gear and awesomely enough it looks like the thread is already moving towards emberquaking gear.

    I have a few suggestions. First of all, Mooritz of the Desert is a random enchanter that "Enchants Items With Fire". On armor one of the four enchants he gives to armor +% 3-10% fire damage. That is the best enchantment an emberquaker can have so you should look for him. I don't know if you can stack multiple +% fire, but someone should try. If you can't, then +%fire followed by +focus is the best armor enchant.

    Ever since you tipped me off to Pandectos, I have been gambling for them. The dice man in the Mapworks on first play through is selling me rings of the appropriate ilevel most often. I just bought an ilevel 58 unique ring from him (The Spellring) for 3776 gold. I have Barter IV, 12% reduction in prices. I'm sure they're coming soon.

    What are other good items? Forgecrafted Tunic, Tunic of Triangulation, Mace of Hearts all are reasonable at my level. Fortress of Fools is just a great shield for a non-shield basher. Straight-Shot Shoulderguards give nice fire damage.
    Borris is much, much, much better than Mooritz. Focus/+%fire damage is good, but eventually you're going to want to flesh out Strength (for weapon DPS and crit damage), Dexterity (for crit chance and dodge), and Vitality (for block).

    This is what I'm using at 100:
    Weapon: [LINK DELETED] (+crit damage, lots of elemental damage to take advantage of my astronomical focus)
    Shield: [LINK DELETED] (obviously)
    Chest: [LINK DELETED] is better since it can have better enchantments from Borris)
    Feet: [LINK DELETED] are better)
    Finger: [LINK DELETED]x2 (the nuts)
    Hands: [LINK DELETED])
    Head: [LINK DELETED] is better)
    Legs: some blues with +62 focus and 12 HPS (I'm looking to get [LINK DELETED])
    Neck: [LINK DELETED] is better for the Immobilization resist and higher item level)
    Shoulders: [LINK DELETED] (easily BiS)
    Waist: [LINK DELETED] (easily BiS)

    Something to keep in mind is the item level. Not only does this allow Borris to give better enchantments (not confirmed but let's just say my higher level items easily have better enchantments than my lower level ones) but it allows you to use [LINK DELETED] a few lower levelled items are acceptable, but you're gimping yourself if you stick with lower levelled items just because of the marginally better stats on the item naturally.
    Steam: Dr. Faustroll / Runic: scionofhorus
  • Either you're overvaluing strength, dexterity, and vitality, or I'm undervaluing them.

    Vit doesn't seem exciting because I'm already so close to the block and DR hard caps (50% and 75%, respectively) that I can't imagine needing to pump vit much more in order to hit them.

    Dex seems interesting because Emberquake can crit and dodge is the last mitigation stat that I haven't hard capped, but I don't know how to value it.

    Strength isn't good for much - focus always improves Emberquake more than strength, and I never do damage with my melee attacks.

    Can you talk more about how you value the three off stats and specifically do you know the formulas for evaluating their contributions to emberquake damage?
  • I am pretty sure any enchantment Mooritz would offer can stack, however the chances of getting +30% fire damage are probably pretty slim, so bring plenty of gold. But thanks for the tip there.

    As for where to gamble. For the three 10% damage reduction pieces you can gamble to boots in Zeryphesh, and the pants and necklace at the Minehead provided you are high enough in level. The gambler's in each act have a level cap on their items. Act II seems to max out around level 37 or 38, maybe even 40, But I have managed to gamble up every other pair of level 36 unique boots so far, only a matter of time before I get the clogs. The Minehead gambler seems to stop right around level 53. I have gotten the pants and amulet from him.

    It may seem weird to use low level items as end game gear, but those % bonuses just trump the fixed reduction you get from normal armor and resists. Also, between armor specialization, Heal bot Tier III, Bulwark and the bonus to armor through Vitality, your physical armor is going to be pretty decent even with mid level gear.

    I have been using the [LINK DELETED] to look up items. Their search terms aren't the greatest right now as they group all +% Damage under the same heading. So +%Ice damage, +%fire, +% all damage ect. come up under the same search. Limiting the value to only items with >20 helps to narrow things down a bit. Looking at this list it seems the Railforged Tunic, level 19 unique armor for engineers, or the Boilerplate Mail, level 9 unique armor for engineers, are both +50% to fire damage. Get one of those and two pandectos and that's a lot of fire damage.

    As for socketables, everyone loves Skull of Limoany, 5% reduction in all damage. However they can be tough to come by. I think doing level 56-65 map runs and opening every chest you find is your best bet. Eyes of Grell are 3% reduction but probably a lot easier to get as you know exactly where to find them.

    For damage there is the eye of gunnbren. He's the blacksmith in the beast warrens you have to kill as part of that Warbeast Armory quest in the first part of Act I. As with all of the quest drops. Just don't finish the quest and keep resetting the map and you should eventually be able to get a few. I am going to have to wait until a New game run before I can collect them. If only these stupid boots would come up on the gambler I could move on.
  • Either you're overvaluing strength, dexterity, and vitality, or I'm undervaluing them.

    Vit doesn't seem exciting because I'm already so close to the block and DR hard caps (50% and 75%, respectively) that I can't imagine needing to pump vit much more in order to hit them.

    Dex seems interesting because Emberquake can crit and dodge is the last mitigation stat that I haven't hard capped, but I don't know how to value it.

    Strength isn't good for much - focus always improves Emberquake more than strength, and I never do damage with my melee attacks.

    Can you talk more about how you value the three off stats and specifically do you know the formulas for evaluating their contributions to emberquake damage?
    Block is 75% now, not 50%.

    At significantly high crit (50% or so, I don't know the exact number), Strength actually begins contributing more damage per point than Focus to Emberquake. Of course, this requires +Dex from Borris so it's probably better still to go straight Focus but unless you have an inordinate amount of gold and patience you're going to be getting some Dex from him anyway, so...

    Strength contributes .5% weapon DPS (or .315% Emberquake damage excluding the fire portion - my weapon DPS on the arcane statistics tab is actually much higher than the listed fire damage on EQ) and .4% crit damage. Emberquake is actually pretty complicated in how it works, but suffice to say that Strength isn't all that bad.

    Here's a ridiculously long and comprehensive thread about it.
    Dersu42 wrote:
    I am pretty sure any enchantment Mooritz would offer can stack, however the chances of getting +30% fire damage are probably pretty slim, so bring plenty of gold. But thanks for the tip there.
    30% fire damage is strictly inferior to 60 Focus, which is rather easy to get from Borris, but Borris can give much higher than that in addition to adding to Strength, Dexterity, and Vitality.
    Steam: Dr. Faustroll / Runic: scionofhorus
  • Also... I'm thinking of starting a new, up-to-date thread with more in-depth skill/stat/spell/itemization analysis since the OP hasn't visited this forum in two weeks.
    Steam: Dr. Faustroll / Runic: scionofhorus
  • Either you're overvaluing strength, dexterity, and vitality, or I'm undervaluing them.

    Vit doesn't seem exciting because I'm already so close to the block and DR hard caps (50% and 75%, respectively) that I can't imagine needing to pump vit much more in order to hit them.

    Dex seems interesting because Emberquake can crit and dodge is the last mitigation stat that I haven't hard capped, but I don't know how to value it.

    Strength isn't good for much - focus always improves Emberquake more than strength, and I never do damage with my melee attacks.

    Can you talk more about how you value the three off stats and specifically do you know the formulas for evaluating their contributions to emberquake damage?
    Block is 75% now, not 50%.

    At significantly high crit (50% or so, I don't know the exact number), Strength actually begins contributing more damage per point than Focus to Emberquake. Of course, this requires +Dex from Borris so it's probably better still to go straight Focus but unless you have an inordinate amount of gold and patience you're going to be getting some Dex from him anyway, so...

    Strength contributes .5% weapon DPS (or .315% Emberquake damage excluding the fire portion - my weapon DPS on the arcane statistics tab is actually much higher than the listed fire damage on EQ) and .4% crit damage. Emberquake is actually pretty complicated in how it works, but suffice to say that Strength isn't all that bad.

    Here's a ridiculously long and comprehensive thread about it.
    Dersu42 wrote:
    I am pretty sure any enchantment Mooritz would offer can stack, however the chances of getting +30% fire damage are probably pretty slim, so bring plenty of gold. But thanks for the tip there.
    30% fire damage is strictly inferior to 60 Focus, which is rather easy to get from Borris, but Borris can give much higher than that in addition to adding to Strength, Dexterity, and Vitality.
    You linked to a thread which doesn't support your conclusions. Are you a republican or something? :)

    Edit: Ok on page 7 people are starting to talk more about crit...
  • Dekar0Dekar0 Posts: 93
    You linked to a thread which doesn't support your conclusions. Are you a republican or something? :)

    Edit: Ok on page 7 people are starting to talk more about crit...

    Heeeeere we go, Obamanazi.
  • Ok, so that huge 15 page thread didn't have any satisfying conclusions about how Emberquake works, but it's actually really important to this build. So, I solved Emberquake today and made a new thread on it. (viewtopic.php?f=45&t=44579). I'm going to post an analysis and some formulas for valuing gear in terms of Emberquake damage when I get a (unless someone else wants to step in, which would be great).

    I'm going to ignore the Obamanazi comment, because it doesn't make sense.
  • Dekar0Dekar0 Posts: 93
    You linked to a thread which doesn't support your conclusions. Are you a republican or something? :)
    Was referring to this lovely statement, assuming you're a liberal. If you're a paulbot I'm okay with that. :lol:
  • Dekar0 wrote:
    You linked to a thread which doesn't support your conclusions. Are you a republican or something? :)
    Was referring to this lovely statement, assuming you're a liberal. If you're a paulbot I'm okay with that. :lol:

    Well, not really a paulbot, but more of a libertarian than an Obama supporter ;)
  • Dekar0Dekar0 Posts: 93
    I'm a moderate republican but I support libertarian ideals. I just can't believe the people who STILL support the lies of Obama, wake up.

    Back up subject...tonight I'll start my HCE Tanker Emberquaker... I call her... the Tanker EmberQuaker.

    Took me a while to come up with the title.

    I'm running [LINK DELETED]

    Critiques?
  • Well I recommend experimenting with Storm Burst because I believe it is better for escape than Onslaught. I hate your points in Sword and Board and would have put them in Bulwark. Otherwise it looks like a very standard Quakertank.
  • Dekar0Dekar0 Posts: 93
    Well I recommend experimenting with Storm Burst because I believe it is better for escape than Onslaught. I hate your points in Sword and Board and would have put them in Bulwark. Otherwise it looks like a very standard Quakertank.

    From what I gather, SnB will increase my weapon dps and should increase quake as an extension but I don't know how useful it will be, I heard a faster weapon is better but in the end I plan on using a slowish mace so maybe it's not a good idea...
  • emberember Posts: 259
    You probably already know this but ill just post it nevertheless:

    Just wanted to add that storm burst is a much better option for the manouvers since during the move you get a physical damage reduction (I think it is a 60% phys dmg reduction) and you recover %5 mana for any enemy you hit, while onslaught definately helps slowing down stuff, you are going to need that physical damage reduction more. The trick with all the skils is that you can be hit while you start them up, and at the start of the burst you get the 60% while with onslaught you get nothing, or be even more boss and have both of them :)

    Also if you are dumping 15/15 in reconstitution (which is kinda pointles since you can just press a helth potion keybind at the same time) it might be better to shift it to aegis, the problem is that forcefield will be going down sometimes faster then you can get it back up because of the cool down, and by the time you get it to 15/15 you might need something else to help you survive the killing blows.

    I don't know if copter gets the benefit from the hight focus but it will definately help you survive so that is an cool investment.

    Also considering you have high focus and a shield a skill such as Shield Bash (or even fire bash) would be cool, because shield bash benefits from FOCUS and your full charge, but generaly since you have seismic slam it might be moot.

    Depending on the equpment you can either forcus your gear on getting VIT of Focus, maybe you can go more aggresive and dump more in focus and get the vit via the gear (or the other way around).

    Dumping or gearing around 100-120 points in dex might make your emberquaqe even more deadly.

    At least one point in charge **** will benefit you.
  • Keep your politics, religion, and diseases to yourselves, boys.
    Dekar0 wrote:
    I'm running [LINK DELETED]

    Critiques?
    I think points 2-15 in SnB are wasted. With Old Master Q, one point adds ~53 physical damage, and each point after that only adds ~14 physical damage. Obviously, it's much lower with worse shields. Not very impressive.

    Charge **** might be the better choice over Dynamo Field. It allows you to generate charge without getting up close and personal, which might be better for HCE.

    Sledgebot is... interesting. It's not very good for SC but for HC having something to draw fire from you could be very valuable. I would look into putting the points in SnB here. Do report back on how useful it is.

    No Ember Hammer?

    I'm a big fan of Fire Bash, as it makes killing bosses much easier, but considering it doesn't become relevant until level 97 probably makes it worthless for HCE.
    Well I recommend experimenting with Storm Burst because I believe it is better for escape than Onslaught. I hate your points in Sword and Board and would have put them in Bulwark. Otherwise it looks like a very standard Quakertank.
    ember wrote:
    Just wanted to add that storm burst is a much better option for the manouvers since during the move you get a physical damage reduction (I think it is a 60% phys dmg reduction) and you recover %5 mana for any enemy you hit, while onslaught definately helps slowing down stuff, you are going to need that physical damage reduction more. The trick with all the skils is that you can be hit while you start them up, and at the start of the burst you get the 60% while with onslaught you get nothing, or be even more boss and have both of them :)
    I disagree.

    The physical damage reduction isn't very good, since stacking Eyes of Grell/Skulls of Limoany is practically mandatory on HCE. Onslaught's debuff works with full 75% ADR. While the mana regen seems nice on paper, it's pretty negligible. The only time I ever OOM is against bosses and in that case it's just easier to pop a mana potion to gain far more than only 5% of my mana.
    Also if you are dumping 15/15 in reconstitution (which is kinda pointles since you can just press a helth potion keybind at the same time) it might be better to shift it to aegis, the problem is that forcefield will be going down sometimes faster then you can get it back up because of the cool down, and by the time you get it to 15/15 you might need something else to help you survive the killing blows.
    Aegis is a complete waste of points with Forcefield. After level 35 or so I was almost always able to recast it before the timer ran out. Up til then you just have to play safe and smart.
    Also considering you have high focus and a shield a skill such as Shield Bash (or even fire bash) would be cool, because shield bash benefits from FOCUS and your full charge, but generaly since you have seismic slam it might be moot.
    Shield Bash is a waste. Fire Bash is good, but doesn't become relevant until 97, so is probably a waste on HCE which can't really afford to waste points.
    Depending on the equpment you can either forcus your gear on getting VIT of Focus, maybe you can go more aggresive and dump more in focus and get the vit via the gear (or the other way around).

    Dumping or gearing around 100-120 points in dex might make your emberquaqe even more deadly.
    4:1 Focus:Vit is probably the best bet, considering Borris.
    Steam: Dr. Faustroll / Runic: scionofhorus
Sign In or Register to comment.