Armor issue

SavurSavur Posts: 29
edited December 2009 in Vanquisher Discussions
I'm having an insane hard time finding armor for my Vanq,
OK yeah I'm playing melee vanq which is not mainstream I guess but where is all the armor at man! Im wearing my retired Destroyers gear with a couple better gems and some new enchants. This vanq of mine is really unlucky 2, before I started playing vanq (I played destroyer to about 42) I didn't even know enchanting could: 1) reset a weapon 2) not do any thing at all!

Also this armor vendor seems to be taunting me all the time! Whenever he sells armor with +strength or + defense it requires like 40 magic even with the - armor requirement skill. Also 99% of the stuff he sells i can wear has + dex or + magic, which I DO NOT use.
Same story with dungeon loot.
I need new gear because my unique items are to expensive to enchant (I make about 5-10k per dungeon run since i never get stuff i actually use I can sell it all baby!) and i need some resistance badly!

So whats the deal here do melee vanquishers pick up dex just so they can wear armor with + strength?
Any one having the same type of problem? or is this just me (I hope so, since than its just bad luck to blame and I can keep going)
"Your pet is hurt!"
"Your per is fleeing!"
"Your pet has fled"
"Your pet is hurt!"
"Your pet has fled!"
"Your pet is fleeing!"
"Your pet is hurt!"

Comments

• ChaliChali Posts: 32
    Magic Find is your friend, if you find gear with +% Magic Find equip it, even if it is the only stat.

Right now, my Vanq has +%54 magic find w/ treasure hunter maxed. And i usually find 1 or 2 unique items in each dungeon dive i do.

Also, do the map scroll dungeons as well, they are usually very long and have lots of unique monsters as well. (Minibosses)
    siggy-AE.gif
  • SavurSavur Posts: 29
    Aha so that's it than, i had about 0 magic find because i thought this was for spell finding lol. Any ways made a new vanq on VH full marksman with a lot of magic find items, also kind of cheated by letting my level 40 vanq enchant all the newby items. Dunno if that's considered cheating but it works like mad!

BTW does magic find + on rings equipped on your pet add to your total?
    "Your pet is hurt!"
    "Your per is fleeing!"
    "Your pet has fled"
    "Your pet is hurt!"
    "Your pet has fled!"
    "Your pet is fleeing!"
    "Your pet is hurt!"
  • To answer the question, YES some of the good high level armor really need magic and strength, especially those with high armor, thats not as bad as it seems since now even str and magic enchanted on a vanq item are worth theyr points if your able to take them to the stat calculation:D
    If you dont have such items simply socket str instead of dex, its the same if you socket 12str or 12dex (max^^) but its better to have the option open to change the socket 12str in dex after you got a nice new item giving you str.
  • liquidliquid Posts: 117
    I have a similar problem. I'm being 1-2 shot down and cannot find a good armor. I have a set one that has 69 defense and most of my other gear is low level too but it gives bonuses due to enchantments. Seems like the drop rate of armour is pretty low even though I've maxed out the MF skill and have a few other items that give a little MF.
    I'm putting everything on Defense now I probably have 150 or more points (can't remember now) and my defense is still not enough, especially because I'm using a rifle and the chance of block is only as much as the skill gives me.