Red wolf passive

YukonnYukonn Posts: 36
edited September 2012 in Berserker Discussions
Hey,

Just need some insight on why this is worth using? seems kinda underwhelming but im sure its just because i dont understand the passive properly.

any help / reasoning would be appreciated.

yukonn

Comments

• ya previously i was heavily pumping points into this to augment my lack of AOE using claws (my build was basically just lvling up shadow burst and everything else was passives)

I have respected and now Red Wolf is just a 1-pt wonder for me, the dmg scales up with level, and it's just not worth more than 1 pt for me right now (sure more points do make it do more, but not enough to justify IMHO)

I'm not sure, but I believe there is some kind of CD on how often it can proc, cuz when I'm Frenzied the crits are fast and furious, but I don't see as much red wolf spam as I think I should (I know there is another thread somewhere trying to figure out if blood hunger works the same way)
  • scyscy Posts: 154
    CY13ERPUNK wrote:
    (I know there is another thread somewhere trying to figure out if blood hunger works the same way)

Blood Hunger will proc however fast you crit. It, however, does not stack with itself. Really, think of it as granting +%HP/s Regen that lasts 1s when you crit. Every crit merely resets the buff.
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    scy wrote:
    CY13ERPUNK wrote:
    (I know there is another thread somewhere trying to figure out if blood hunger works the same way)

Blood Hunger will proc however fast you crit. It, however, does not stack with itself. Really, think of it as granting +%HP/s Regen that lasts 1s when you crit. Every crit merely resets the buff.

what about red wolf, does it have a timer involved between procs?

and i still haven't seen anyone state a 'range to adjacent target' that it will proc over, we're sure its not going to be infinite.
    Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • FDruFDru Posts: 172
    Red Wolf is a chance to trigger on crit, it is not guaranteed. That's why you don't see it every swing.
  • ninesixninesix Posts: 285
    FDru wrote:
    Red Wolf is a chance to trigger on crit, it is not guaranteed. That's why you don't see it every swing.
    Wait what, how high is that chance and where did you get that info from?
  • It says in the description for the Red Wolf skill --- Has a CHANCE on critical hits---
  • ninesixninesix Posts: 285
    It says "up to 2 enemies may be savaged by a manifestation of your bloodlust".
    That doesn't necessarily mean "there's a chance".
    If it had a chance, that chance would probably be listed somewhere.
  • Ahh, "May" was the word I was looking for. MAY have a chance. I'm thinking it's worded silly, but the way I'm reading it is that it won't always proc on Crit's either.
  • Red Wolf procs on every crit, but only to 2 closest enemy in melee range.
    So if they're out of range then Red wolf won't proc on them.
  • I currently have 5 points in red wolf, the additional hits help me destroy packs of monsters especially when im in rage mode, one swing and my screen fills with red wolves.

Im not sure how much extra damage you get at the end of the skill investment but whenever i have the rest of my skills tapped out waiting for their next available point i drop a point into red wolf and it hasnt hurt me at all.

In short, it may be a one point wonder for some, for me its like i have 2 extra arms swinging **** near 40% of the times i attack so im going to continue to put points into it whenever i am able.