About Chillhoof

torgadtorgad Posts: 24
edited October 2012 in TL2 Hardcore Mode
I'm feeling good about my new elite hc engineer. So I walk into Chillhoof's tiny lair and right when I walk in a few yetis come at me. I take them out to dinner and go a little further in. I get charged by Chillhoof for 650 damage and swarmed by a dozen yetis and Chillhoof's best friend, a champion spellcasting yeti.

lol

Comments

• cool story bro :D
  • Chillhoof can be a real challenge if you don't manage to clear most of his friends and the champion caster quickly. Theres is a small window before he frees himself that gives you some time, trying to pull the yetis away from him works good too. If you have to take everything in the room at once it can get quite hectic :D

Chillhoof himself is also a nasty onehitter.
  • RiwRiw Posts: 118
    It pays off to buy the ice resist potion and use it before the fight. I got 105 ice resist from armor + 40 from potion, and about 1800 hp (lvl 20). Getting his full attack in this case is like only 80% of your hp, so he can't one-shot you.
  • habbeyhabbey Posts: 137
    Riw wrote:
    It pays off to buy the ice resist potion and use it before the fight. I got 105 ice resist from armor + 40 from potion, and about 1800 hp (lvl 20). Getting his full attack in this case is like only 80% of your hp, so he can't one-shot you.

Meh, his ice shards attack can (under perfect conditions) 3 hit you for a total of around 5500 damage (with no damage reduction/armor). No amount of armor or damage reduction that you can obtain at that point will save you from the (very unlikely) perfect hit, so don't count on it!
  • I just fought Chillhoof tonight for the first time and didn't have much trouble (was in a HCE co-op with 3 others). His and his allies attacks didn't hit me for much since I had 153 frost resist from just my armor (ya... i've died 2 times to the exact same issue in frost hills (bats)... I'm going to make **** sure I have more than enough frost resist, lol). Ice resist helps a lot during his fight from what I can see since he and several of his allies all use a lot of ice based attacks.
  • TieryalTieryal Posts: 420
    You should be able to pull all the mobs before Chillhoof before he comes out, or pull him alone without any trash near him. Just spend more time clearing first.
    **** Elite 100 Beserker NG(4) Cleared, World First.
    http://twitch.tv/tieryal
    http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=43170