Is anyone still playing TL1?

birdbrain5birdbrain5 Posts: 592
Just wondering. with TL2 out you'd think nobody would be...
Hi everyone.

Comments

• I was reminded about TL1 in the recent Humble Bundle and have started playing it. I saw it when it first came out but didn't have the opportunity to play it, now I have a bit more time but TL2 doesn't run so well on my laptop so I'm going through TL1. It's a lot of fun :D
  • I've been playing for a few weeks. Loving the game. I usually play on console but when researching some articles for Diablo I stumbled upon this game. So I finished another playthrough of Diablo and then bougth TL from GOG and Steam. Got TLII but haven't loaded it up yet. I hope the Steam Cloud works by the time I do or I'll just buy it again from here.
  • Yeah, I've been playing since donating to the HiB6 on day 2. I'm actually here today because my character got stuck in a wall, but I found the solution to that.
  • This games brand new to me, got gifted HB6, and haven't tried any of the other games. I'm having trouble with the mods, I run Ubuntu and can't use those tools to figure out why mods aren't loading.
  • I heard about it on the Diablo III boards and I picked it up during the Steam Summer Sale. I just installed it last night and started playing. I wanted to get a run through in before I start TL2.
  • D2HansD2Hans Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭
    I played last night for a few hours and will likely be playing on and off for the next few years maybe even decades.
    "Six... one, six... the nuuuumber ooof the beeeaaast!"
  • XenesisXenesis Posts: 219
    I gave a copy to my kid sister to play.

She's getting some good mileage out of it.
  • I was introduced to Torchlight in the Humble Indie Bundle, and I've been playing ever since. Now I'm finally down to level 35 and facing Ordrak.

**** Ordrak.
  • Until / If Torchlight II hits linux, I'll still be playing 1.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    hummer010 wrote:
    Until / If Torchlight II hits linux, I'll still be playing 1.
    http://www.steamgamesonlinux.com/torchlight-ii/
    ItfooQF.png
  • Torchlight 1 was such a good game soundtrack wise and atmosphere wise, which is why a played it so much. Torchlight 2 was a little worse in atmosphere, but the great mechanics and random generation really made up for it.
    Hi everyone.
  • I was playing Fate and decided to play this game and purchased it off Ebay. I found it mucho more funo. I've already beaten it a few times, and it actually has some real substance to it. I really enjoy playing the "Scroll Maps" before I go below the third floor, just for variety. I liked it so much that I've already downloaded T2.
  • I'm new to this game, while spending several hours I find it so great, lots of fun and almost forgot to eat my meals. :D
  • qweqwe Posts: 88
    I'm playing it after "finishing" TL2 once, it is really good, and there are some good mods there. Using mainly the texture and merchant one.
  • keithabrownkeithabrown Posts: 162
    Seeing as how TL2 is Windows only, and many people prefer native games, TL1 is still their only option. I split my time between mac and linux, so TL1 for me. When TL2 gets ported, then I'll pick it up.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Posts: 1,727
    Still trying for the perfect Level 100, avoid nothing, run. On Vanq #377, not counting the 1000 or so where I didn't like the set up of the opening levels (generally not enough Shrines).

dreamrider
  • I just started. I've had the game for several years sitting in a box while I played things like Skyrim. Finally decided to give it a go and its a lot of fun so far. I think the main reason I started was I assembled a "project" PC out of old parts I've been saving from various upgrades and needed some undemanding games to install on it. It runs great on an Athlon XP 3200+ and an Nvidia 7800 GS AGP - even @ 1920x1200! :o
    dreamrider wrote:
    Still trying for the perfect Level 100, avoid nothing, run. On Vanq #377, not counting the 1000 or so where I didn't like the set up of the opening levels (generally not enough Shrines).

dreamrider

Good luck on your journey.
  • I just started playing on it,started with Normal but I felt it was too easy at that setting. I already love my character (Alchemist) so I didn't want to restart, good thing I found that one tool called Torchlight Util that allowed me to change the difficulty to hard. This is a really awesome game and I'm having a blast playing it.
  • Oh yeah..... My son told me about Torchlight awhile back, and I took a cursory look at it while he played once. I wasn't all that thrilled, and mentally crossed it off. G.O.G came out with it for free, SO I decided to give it a shot...... That was a week ago I believe. I get a real kick outta this game, and I've played ALOT of similar games since I started playing games on the now Ancient, Atari 800 system about 1981. NOW I'm going to get my hands on Torchlight II !!!!! Once again, You CAN'T Tell a book by it's Cover !!!!! Great Game, Runic ! Thanks !!!! :)
  • SubadaiSubadai Posts: 2
    I also got TL1 free from GOG, great game, having a lot of fun with it so far. My Alchemist is 53 and I plan on rolling a Vanquisher later. TL2 is definitely on my wish list, now if only I can get my friends to get it so we can play together... :D
  • Yeah, fantastic. Destroyer level 59, fame 38. My previous destroyer was blown away at first ordrak meeting. His dragons minion was too much for him to handle. Level 36..i don't remember fame level. It was surely a wrong strategy of mine, but at the end my destroyer finished cornered by the stairs and every time i try to re-enter ordrak level, dragons minions burn me to death in less than 20/15 seconds... So i decide to delete the character and star over with a new one.

Now i only want to boost stats and equipment in order to destroy ordrak with sheer brute force. So i explore continuously dungeons and buy new portal map to obtain experience and fame. I search for treasures in order to enchant item, i search for enchantment shrine for the same reason.

It's always fun for me to play so i will continue. :D
  • zekromzekrom Posts: 114
    dude. silence the dragons,spectral decay and devastate their ****. Once silenced they aint so dangerous.
  • refound an old friend , time to die :twisted:
  • Well, I would be if I could get the darned Activation Code I need to reinstall it!
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    Starkman wrote:
    Well, I would be if I could get the darned Activation Code I need to reinstall it!
    Have you sent an email to customerservice@runicgames.com?
    ItfooQF.png
  • Zidders wrote:
    Have you sent an email to customerservice@runicgames.com?

Well, I created a ticket off the Runic site, I believe it was, but I'll send off an email right away. Thanks much.
    If you have not received a response please PM BrianW with the ticket number.
  • D2Hans wrote:
    If you have not received a response please PM BrianW with the ticket number.

Well, I don't believe I have a ticket number (if I did, I might had deleted the e-mail), but I will PM him. Thanks!