Gatling Guns

yoyomonyoyomon Posts: 38
edited January 2015 in Art and Sound
Made a couple of cannons.The models are all finished and game ready, though a lot of the textures are unfinished due to time. The gatling guns don't spin unfortunately.

You can use these models and textures in your own mod/project so long as you don't profit/make money from the mod/project. Credits would be nice. :)

This is an art resource only, not a mod.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bgbyz ... oyomon.zip

XViXLQE.jpg

Comments

• THIS POST IS BABIES!

Awesome job man. They look very nice!
    | How to extract/edit TL2 item files, V012 [With images] I am no longer active in the modding community. If you wish to take a project that I have made, besides the 'How to extract/edit TL2 item files', and change it as your own, you may do so.
  • AcX09AcX09 Posts: 42
    Nice! Looks great. Engineer + Gatling gun = Awesome. :)
  • AeydonAeydon Posts: 570
    Looks great! Can't wait to see it finished. :)
  • Super sweet! :o :shock: :lol:
    People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
  • polyuvpolyuv Posts: 167
    Who touch Sacha?

WHO TOUCH MY WEAPON?!
  • polyuv wrote:
    Who touch Sacha?

WHO TOUCH MY WEAPON?!

WHO SENDS BABIES TO POST?!
    | How to extract/edit TL2 item files, V012 [With images] I am no longer active in the modding community. If you wish to take a project that I have made, besides the 'How to extract/edit TL2 item files', and change it as your own, you may do so.
  • Very nice! Will lover to see these in action.
  • Those are looking pretty sweet. Are some of them going to have animations or are you planning on simulating that with particle/texture effects?

Also slightly off topic, but would they just be fast attack speed cannons? Can't really simulate tons of inaccurate bullets that may miss as that would be useless ingame, however a low damage high aspeed cannon with lower knockback and no innate stun stats would "simulate" everything getting hit with a gatling
    TL2 Dwarven Class Mod Discussion
    Current Goal: Milestone 1 - Model Insertion
  • I don't care how you make them, I want them, they could fire fish and I would use it. Freaking awesome. <3

Minigun 4 the win
  • NythainNythain Posts: 527
    ThndrShk2k wrote:
    Those are looking pretty sweet. Are some of them going to have animations or are you planning on simulating that with particle/texture effects?

Also slightly off topic, but would they just be fast attack speed cannons? Can't really simulate tons of inaccurate bullets that may miss as that would be useless ingame, however a low damage high aspeed cannon with lower knockback and no innate stun stats would "simulate" everything getting hit with a gatling
    If just the models are released then any modder could use them however they wanted.
    You could make a new item that is faster and weaker than a canon.
    I could make a new item with ~normal stats but an increase to stun and knockback.
    Someone else could just use the whole collection, modify all relevant canon files to change the splash arc, range, and numerous other things, pak it all up and call it a Canon to Gatling conversion mod.
    My TL2 Mods:
    No More Scrolls - viewtopic.php?f=48&t=43701
    Change Enchanters - viewtopic.php?f=48&t=43659
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    This is an AWESOME project Yoyomon! Thanks so much for sharing this! Will be watching this thread like a hawk now :p

EDIT - BTW, what modeling tool are you using?
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • DieghoDiegho Posts: 15
    Awesone!!! Great job, can't wait to use them XD.

But... how they are going to shoot? like canons? I think is better if you make them shoot like pistols but with more speed (like real gatling guns).

I repeat myself... great job!
  • AeydonAeydon Posts: 570
    Oh wow, I forgot about this. Any updates yoyomon? :P
  • MFS88MFS88 Posts: 138
    Wow... this looks great, I had an idea bout this but was wondering how will I put it in the game as torchlight do not have Gatling guns and the only thing Gatling guns can replace is the cannon... well maybe modifying the firing speed and projectile can work haha, I'm really interested in any updates on this... :D
  • DarkTailsDarkTails Posts: 4,148
    Would like to see how they look with some smoothing groups applied, still pretty cool.
  • Hello....

No GUTS yet? :(

Ah well. I haven't really touched this project since a few days after making this post (rl). I did manage to rekindle an inkling of interest and started on the textures a few days ago.

eYMYTrF.jpg

@ThndrShk2k: I'd like to have custom animations and possibly new particles, but I've yet to look into those yet. I imagined the in-game behaviors to be similar to what you posted.

@Nythain: I've been considering releasing the untextured models up here for anyone who isn't as lazy as me to play with. It'll certainly free me up to move onto another TL2 project that I had in mind :P
  • DarkTailsDarkTails Posts: 4,148
    Nifty, also thanks for sharing that painting technique
  • VasshpitVasshpit Posts: 205
    Wow!! Those are looking nice!!
    Learn as if you were going to live forever; Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
  • DieghoDiegho Posts: 15
    I hope this idea is still in WIP status :P
  • FoldarFoldar Posts: 405
    Same here, I could use these in my project ;)
  • o_o awesome.

Can you make them actually spin when attacking?
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 977 ✭✭
    Psiweapon wrote:
    Can you make them actually spin when attacking?
    I think it's possible, but it seems that this project is frozen. Guns are great.
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • yoyomonyoyomon Posts: 38
    edited January 2014
    I've been meaning to do this for awhile. I've attached the models and textures for anyone to use in their projects so long as they don't make a profit from them.

*Check first post*
    Woah! Merry Christmas and a great New Year Yoyomon! Thanks so much!
    Torchmodders
    Hi Yoyomon! As your models are in .OBJ format I guess you meant for users to import them into Blender (or one's favorite 3D modeling program) then export out to .MESH, but is there any chance you could make these available already in .MESH format?
    Sorry, zero-Blender-skills guy here :(
    Torchmodders
    Sure, I'll throw it up in a bit.
    :D thanks yoyomon! And happy new year!
    Torchmodders
    Happy New Year to you too Phanjam.

I updated the first post to have the link to the new assets. I also added a few non-gatling cannons too.
    Thank you Yoyomon! That heavy bolter is THE BOMB!!!
    I remember trying to make a star wars theme blaster weapon for TL1. Was semi-successful but the game didn't have the right animations for a sustained-fire weapon (and I didn't have the skills to make one). Hope I can find those files OR reconstruct how I did it before.
    Don't anyone hold their breath though! :P I've got so little time for modding nowadays
    Torchmodders