Anyone legit beat HCE?

FizzmopperFizzmopper Posts: 132
edited October 2012 in TL2 Hardcore Mode
I just finished Act 1 on Veteran woot! I'm ****, just not leet!
Just curious if anyone's beat HCE yet?

Comments

• IsomerIsomer Posts: 233
    There's a few streamers who beat it legit. It's very very hard. With dedication and patience to farm , it's beatable.
  • MetroMetro Posts: 575
    Eh, it's not that hard and I'm far from some overly skilled player. I beat it on Elite with about two or three deaths that could have been avoided with a bit more caution and over-leveling/farming. Never died on a boss fight usually just a floor trap I didn't see.
  • Metro wrote:
    Eh, it's not that hard and I'm far from some overly skilled player. I beat it on Elite with about two or three deaths that could have been avoided with a bit more caution and over-leveling/farming. Never died on a boss fight usually just a floor trap I didn't see.

Obviously the topic is intended for **** elite, where you don't die 2 or 3 times. And yes, it really requires a lot of farming and patience to play it. And this is a developer point of view and skilled players point of view. So i would say it would be the truth.
    23su6pg.jpg
    dreamworks wrote:
    Metro wrote:

Obviously the topic is intended for **** elite, where you don't die 2 or 3 times. And yes, it really requires a lot of farming and patience to play it. And this is a developer point of view and skilled players point of view. So i would say it would be the truth.

2iivjvk.jpg

Uh... yes, I know. But, again, no it's not exceedingly hard. Moreover, I never said farming/patience weren't required.
  • habbeyhabbey Posts: 137
    Honestly I don't even think farming is required for EHC (although I haven't beaten act 4 yet, so maybe there is a crazy hard part there!). The most dangerous times that I've found are mostly early game actually (leaving those trolls aside of course).
    Absolutely required? No. It helps, though, and is the safest way to proceed. But the bottom line is in terms of mechanics, damage output, effective mob health, etc. there is no difference between Elite and Elite HC. Only difference is if you die, it's permanent. So if someone has played on Elite, knows the pitfalls, knows the strengths/weaknesses of various classes/builds, and can identify how they can eliminate the handful of deaths they experienced, they can successfully beat the game on Elite HC. Of course timing/luck will always play a factor -- no amount of farming and skill will save you from an errant sneeze at an inopportune moment.
  • Doing a Blind HC Elite run so I have no idea about whats coming up. It's just the best way to play this game in my opinion.
    Need to be cautious, farm and take things easy. Some really quality, hair raising moments, although my undercrackers have had to go
    to the dry cleaners a few times!!!

Doing blind runs adds massively to the whole experience and difficulty, and its great haha.
  • DrMonkeeDrMonkee Posts: 117
    Just made it through the first desert area in Act 2 (with all dungeons cleared). It is very difficult, but the hardest part is having the patience to backtrack and get better gear before moving on. I am confident I will make it through if I keep following that pattern =)
    "If it takes 2 steps back to take 1 step forward, may as well just turn around and take 3 steps forward"
  • ZandeusZandeus Posts: 19
    Also doing a blind HC/Elite run.... I have no idea whats coming next, which makes it all that more tense. Nearly died a few times... I'm in Act 2, just beat the first boss... forget his name, he keeps teleporting around and using lightning attacks.... whilst mechanical adds rush me.
  • RiwRiw Posts: 118
    I'm curious whether anyone legit beat HCE, WITHOUT REROLL/BACKTRACKING? Is there someone? Now that would be something.
  • herionzherionz Posts: 127
    edited October 2012
    Riw wrote:
    I'm curious whether anyone legit beat HCE, WITHOUT REROLL/BACKTRACKING? Is there someone? Now that would be something.

That would be HCE Square :lol:. Hope someone does it someday, but the amount of effort required, patience and knowledge kind of draws me back of trying.

I think that game designers made Grell drop those eyes in purpose of beating HCE with better chances since after that point is when game really starts to get nasty. Just a thought.
  • TieryalTieryal Posts: 420
    I beat a blind HCE run this weekend with my beserker. It was my 4th beserker, 5th character.

Granted. I had 95% damage reduction because we spent 40+ hours farming eyes of Grell. I'm not sure if it is counted as legit or not, because it does seem like a glaring oversight to allow characters to get 100% damage reduction, yet there are mobs that can still kill you. Before I reached 95% damage reduction this weekend I had cleared over half of act 2 on the character.

Either way, the entire run is on twitch.tv/tieryal
    **** Elite 100 Beserker NG(4) Cleared, World First.
    http://twitch.tv/tieryal
    http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=43170
  • CrimsonCrimson Posts: 11
    Just lost my Elite HC toon on a 105 map, sigh :(

Guess I will start again ughhhhh......
    It's not possible to beat the game on HCE with no gear from prior characters and without backtracking. Even if you had mysterious items dropping consistently, you will not accumulate enough damage reduction or enough levels to comfortably approach mobs in the next area. Even cleaning out a map before going into side dungeons will put you at most 1 level above the dungeon requirement. The mobs will slaughter you in act 2 if you aren't 3 levels above them AND with very good gear.

It'd be fun to try, though.
    "If it takes 2 steps back to take 1 step forward, may as well just turn around and take 3 steps forward"
  • maxkitumaxkitu Posts: 33
    It's not possible to beat the game on HCE with no gear from prior characters and without backtracking. Even if you had mysterious items dropping consistently, you will not accumulate enough damage reduction or enough levels to comfortably approach mobs in the next area. Even cleaning out a map before going into side dungeons will put you at most 1 level above the dungeon requirement. The mobs will slaughter you in act 2 if you aren't 3 levels above them AND with very good gear.

Is it a joke ?
    Stuff is really not that hard to find and I can tell you that any well played engineer can beat the game in HCE with no excessive farming (and no stuff from previous chars).
    I don't even know how you can say that, either you don't know or you canno't handle to use both hands at the same time.
  • DrMonkee wrote:

The first time I beat the game I was level 45 and the Netherlord was level 50. No farming obviously, and I was an Engineer without Forcefield.
    maxkitu wrote:

any well played engineer can beat the game in HCE with no excessive farming (and no stuff from previous chars).
    I don't even know how you can say that, either you don't know or you canno't handle to use both hands at the same time.

I'd question your ability to read over my ability to use both hands.

I said no backtracking which is contrary to your "no excessive farming". You just proved my point.
  • MaskyMasky Posts: 95
    DrMonkee wrote:

true