More Maps

MarshMarsh Posts: 685
edited November 2011 in Mod Showcase
There is currently only one map that spans level 20-???? that you can find or buy - and it only goes to the palace. I've added a mod that now adds 6 additional maps from 20-???? that include all the tile sets. Enjoy:

http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/torchlightmods/node/61

Comments

  • heronheron Posts: 637
    will this mod be included in the patch?
  • VisVis Posts: 159
    Awesome, thank you!
  • Thanks a ton Bebop :D
  • Oh, that's nice. Thanks :)
  • Could i add these maps to my map mod?
    Mods i Created
      Map mod =
    viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3314
    Crystal = viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3459
  • RnFRnF Posts: 944 ✭✭
    So how would one go about installing this mod?
  • jamesLjamesL Posts: 3,568
    edited November 2009
    heron wrote:
    will this mod be included in the patch?

    good question
    I hope they are in the patch
    people who buy the game next week after the patch comes out shouldn't have to come to the foruns looking for a mod to fix this

    RnF wrote:
    So how would one go about installing this mod?
    probably like all the other mods

    unzip it and put the unzipped folder in
    %appdata%\runic games\torchlight\mods

    although I tried to download and unzip it at work and I can't; it says its not a valid zoip file, so I'll try again when I get home
    I don't have a sig
  • liquidliquid Posts: 117
    Is the level of the map randomly chosen? So far I've only gotten levels closer to the max or at least higher than my current level. Which kinda **** when you take into consideration that I can't go to refill my potions.
  • RnFRnF Posts: 944 ✭✭
    jamesL wrote:
    heron wrote:
    will this mod be included in the patch?

    good question
    I hope they are in the patch
    people who buy the game next week after the patch comes out shouldn't have to come to the foruns looking for a mod to fix this

    RnF wrote:
    So how would one go about installing this mod?
    probably like all the other mods

    unzip it and put the unzipped folder in
    %appdata%\runic games\torchlight\mods

    although I tried to download and unzip it at work and I can't; it says its not a valid zoip file, so I'll try again when I get home

    Ya, just drag and drop into the mod folder. I just wasn't sure if I needed to put it inside a media folder inside the mode folder :roll: I was making it harder than it had to be. Thanks.
  • I just downloaded it, but I can't decompress it. I get an error about a corrupt package.
    I am the one and only with this?
  • jamesLjamesL Posts: 3,568
    bigger4you wrote:
    I just downloaded it, but I can't decompress it. I get an error about a corrupt package.
    I am the one and only with this?

    read the post above yours
    I don't have a sig
  • DrevDrev Posts: 309
    works for me. Again, thanks
  • jamesL wrote:
    bigger4you wrote:
    I just downloaded it, but I can't decompress it. I get an error about a corrupt package.
    I am the one and only with this?

    read the post above yours

    Ok, sometimes I am a little bit stupid :D - But I have built in ZIP funktionalities in Windows 7 and this has worked fine until yet.
    It's like to have a luxury toolbox and can't use it and have to buy a screwdriver from wallmart to fix it :D - ugly, really ugly
  • Very cool, thanks! :D
  • ShardzShardz Posts: 1,384
    Awesome mod, Bebop, and thanks for this! One thing I did notice though is that only the 20-???? maps show up in the store now and no 1-10 or 10-20. Any idea where they went?
  • WaybackWayback Posts: 100
    This mod seems to be bugged. Attempting to play with a lower level character, the 1-10 maps do not activate and take you to the entrance of Torchlight instead of a dungeon. The variety in maps did seem to work for the 20-??? range though, got a fortress this time.
  • Wayback wrote:
    This mod seems to be bugged. Attempting to play with a lower level character, the 1-10 maps do not activate and take you to the entrance of Torchlight instead of a dungeon. The variety in maps did seem to work for the 20-??? range though, got a fortress this time.

    Yup very bugged, I accidentaly clicked a 1-10 on lvl 7 of the reg dungeon and I wnet through it and it took me to lvl one of the mines and I had to fight my way back down again :(

    Then I teleported back to town and got another 1-10 and used it and it teleported me back to town lol

    VERY Bugged DO NOT USE right now :D
  • WOW, those are some weird bugs you guys are getting. I'll go back through and attempt to see if I can repro the bugs you guys are seeing so I can fix them. Hopefully I'll have an update for you guys. Sorry about it not working. BTW we aren't planning on adding this mod to the build currently. Later on we could but all it really does is just add some additional content to the end game.
  • VisVis Posts: 159
    Bugged. Bought one from a dungeon vendor, it returned me to the 1st level mines with no portal back. Exited the mines back to town and took the save portal and did the level I left over.
  • bigger4you wrote:
    It's like to have a luxury toolbox and can't use it and have to buy a screwdriver from wallmart to fix it :D - ugly, really ugly

    Actually it's more like installing a custom stereo in your car because the dinky hunk of **** that came with it isn't powerful enough.
  • nanenjnanenj Posts: 150
    He named the dungeon files wrong, they're the same as the pre-exisiting ones, so even though the 'names' are different, the original files for those maps don't get read.
  • CarlosCarlos Posts: 93
    Thanks for the new maps.
    I hope that they will work correctly and bug free soon.
    .ılı.ılı.
  • wizardwizard Posts: 60
    Bebop wrote:
    WOW, those are some weird bugs you guys are getting. I'll go back through and attempt to see if I can repro the bugs you guys are seeing so I can fix them. Hopefully I'll have an update for you guys. Sorry about it not working. BTW we aren't planning on adding this mod to the build currently. Later on we could but all it really does is just add some additional content to the end game.

    Which seems like it's a very good reason to do it :) Because currently the end-game is lacking :(
  • But but but...
    How to play it?????????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Fortune smiles opun you...
  • DrevDrev Posts: 309
    Confirmed : ports you back to town, where you would be if you just started you character.
  • So, Is this working at the moment??
  • nanenj wrote:
    He named the dungeon files wrong, they're the same as the pre-exisiting ones, so even though the 'names' are different, the original files for those maps don't get read.

    Yes, you found the bug! So here is the full solution:

    After you unzipped the mod to the Torchlight mods folder, delete all the adm files from media/dungeons in the unpacked directory.

    Then, rename all the dat files to a unique name.

    I just simply put a "20" after each file name.

    So this is what I got in the dungeons folder:

    randommapcave20.dat
    randommapcrypt20.dat
    randommapfortress20.dat
    randommaplava20.dat
    randommapmine20.dat
    randommapsunken20.dat


    Just start the game, and all the adm files will be generated.

    Testing the fixed mod, I got Lava map 12-25, from the gem vendor, and it worked like it should.
  • Sorry everybody thought I had updated this thread already. Actually the mod has been updated on the fan mod sites. Just grab the latest zip and you should be good.
  • I'm assuming this mod is the one authored by Tiamat on the RGF site?
Sign In or Register to comment.