give me your thoughts

XerculesXercules Posts: 107
edited October 2012 in TL2 Hardcore Mode
I have never played a **** char because i'm afraid of loosing my gear. However, i thought about the way i play, and perhaps i could do it,....maybe.

I play slow, and i die mostly because i forget to heal up, or make some bad choice, like run headlong into a new area. Maybe it would help me refine my gameing skills.

I thought maybe making a **** game on casual or normal for the first time, so i can see the mechanics of it, and wrap my head around the idea.

What do you guys think the best char to use would be for my first attemp ever? I was thinking embermage, as i am not a strong melee player, but doing a melee char would force me to learn the aspects better.

idk, what is your advice and thoughts?

Comments

• MattamMattam Posts: 46
    Definitely play a ranged character with a shield if this is your first foray into ****.
    Embermage is great, or a Glaive Outlander. Though Glaive Outlanders are very overpowered at the moment and give you a false sense of security once you get mana regen.
  • Xercules wrote:
    I have never played a **** char because i'm afraid of loosing my gear. However, i thought about the way i play, and perhaps i could do it,....maybe.

I play slow, and i die mostly because i forget to heal up, or make some bad choice, like run headlong into a new area. Maybe it would help me refine my gameing skills.

I thought maybe making a **** game on casual or normal for the first time, so i can see the mechanics of it, and wrap my head around the idea.

What do you guys think the best char to use would be for my first attemp ever? I was thinking embermage, as i am not a strong melee player, but doing a melee char would force me to learn the aspects better.

idk, what is your advice and thoughts?

I would recommend for your first foray to try out Normal **** 1h+Shield Engineer. They don't die... seriously. Engineers get a heal bot (so you don't have to use a potion if you still have some dmg in between pulls), a forcefield they can summon on demand that lasts about 8 seconds, a passive forcefield that has no timer on it so it stays on you until it absorbs the max amount (Armor x 3 + 100). Very nice setup for first forays into something new :)
  • XerculesXercules Posts: 107
    Wow, i was thinking about a prismatic embermage, the range is good, but they are kinda squishy. hadnt thought about how well an engineer would do, but with all your skill reminders, sounds very doable. I will defenantly give this some thought. I know the fire hammer can be used with one or two handed weapons, and that is a devestating attack. I just fear the up close and personal combat.

And the difficulty level, considering.......

Do i just slowly add points to these skills each equally, or focus on like the heal bot first since the game is easier at the begining, then level another...and so on?

Idk, seems like "just dont die" is prety straight forward, but its easier said than done......right?