Less Required XP Per Level

kalamari157kalamari157 Posts: 377
edited October 2012 in Mod Showcase
Hello there! I noticed that it may take some time for someone to level to 100. Well, some people don't have that time and want to play with others to catch up to them.

Should work as of latest patch. Date set for files is 2099.

Well this mod reduces the XP required by 10, 25, or even 50%! (25 coming soon)

NOTE: I do not know if this mod flags you.

NOTE 2: I will also /spoiler all images so the post doesn't get cluttered.

Tools you need:
10% Less XP Per Level
50% Less XP Per Level
(Gonna **** myself)
10% Less XP Per Level AdF.ly link
50% Less XP Per Level AdF.ly link
About 1MB of free hard drive space.

Just extract10_PERCENT_LESS_XP_PER_LEVEL.rar or 50_PERCENT_LESS_XP_PER_LEVEL.rar to where your PAK directory is.
Example:
0R5O7.png

That's it! Give thanks to fgaaghf to having a much more simpler injection.

Awesome! Now it takes 10% or 50% less XP to get to the next level!
| How to extract/edit TL2 item files, V012 [With images] I am no longer active in the modding community. If you wish to take a project that I have made, besides the 'How to extract/edit TL2 item files', and change it as your own, you may do so.

Comments

• How does this affect online play? If you host a server, do the people who join also receive the -10% exp?
  • I am not sure. I would assume they too will also have to have the mod.
    | How to extract/edit TL2 item files, V012 [With images] I am no longer active in the modding community. If you wish to take a project that I have made, besides the 'How to extract/edit TL2 item files', and change it as your own, you may do so.
  • i modded an item and gave it 10 000% extra exp bonus. when i did that any multiplayer game i joined, being the host or not, had every player get the bonus exp.
    that worked for gold find too(not sure about magic find id assume the same).

so if it worked that way, maybe it would work for this mod? im not sure since mine was on an item with an affix that can be found on several items, but on steroid lol.
  • VidVid Posts: 6
    Thing to remember - if you decide to level up your char with this mod and then decide to go back to "original" DAT file, your char will have negative xp (it'll keep the level though).
  • jkt96jkt96 Posts: 3
    how can i revert this back to normal without a backup or can i just remove it rather than revert please tell me how please thanks.
  • jkt96 wrote:
    how can i revert this back to normal without a backup or can i just remove it rather than revert please tell me how please thanks.

You can just remove those files and your xp per level should revert back.
  • jkt96jkt96 Posts: 3
    just fixed it thanks.
  • orion21orion21 Posts: 208
    So, if I remove the mod, everything returns to normal now, as if I never used it? I don't have that much time to play the next months, so I'm actually considering this.
  • orion21 wrote:
    So, if I remove the mod, everything returns to normal now, as if I never used it? I don't have that much time to play the next months, so I'm actually considering this.

Yes. And according to Vid "Thing to remember - if you decide to level up your char with this mod and then decide to go back to "original" DAT file, your char will have negative xp (it'll keep the level though)."
  • orion21orion21 Posts: 208
    So there WILL be a difference after all. Hm. Well, then I don't want to do this. :)
  • Also seems it will conflict with any other XP mod, so if you have a different one that say offers increase XP/Fame/Gold, and this one....both won't work together.

This one is awesome though still, as it will level your character even if added after you've played a while....so level 37 character would be like lvl 51 when you add this. Good Stuff!
  • as far as XP mods go now, this is the only one that effectively does x2 rate. :D