[APP] Community Hub v1.5a For Modders, Players & Traders

RMUKRMUK Posts: 147
edited May 2013 in General Modding
4th May 2013 Update: The computer I was developing the TL Hub on stopped working one morning a couple of months back. I've not been able / had the time to even try and recover the data on the broken PC since then. So, for the time being, the Hub is "WYSIWYG" :!:

Many thanks to BrianW (or whichever kind chap / chapette it was @ Runic!) for the forum sticky, as well as for popping in to say "Hi!" to us mere mortals!

Untitled_1.png

Untitled.png

Download.pngDownload Version 1.5a Here (6.1mb)
Download.pngDownload Version 1.5a Here (No Namegen.mfx ~ For those unable to run the default Hub due to Namegen.mfx issues)(5.9mb)

Torchlight Community Hub v1.5a

• You can now have a 3 letter Username, as opposed to the minimum username length of 4 in previous versions.

• File Date Changer should open correctly when being used multiple times.

• “Buzzes” can now be disabled in the Audio Settings menu.

• Added some bonus stuffs ~ 11 EXCITING achievements to unlock!

• Added a menu link to Ernesty's awesome Torchlight II Scripting System site. Find it under: Modding > Tools

About Torchlight Community Hub
At the moment, The Torchlight Community Hub is basically a Chat Client which can be run directly from Desktop. Just open the client, enter a user name and join the fun(!?) :lol:

The development goal of this application is to offer a social hub where players, modders and traders can gather to organise games and trades, as well as discuss the latest revelations and releases in Torchlight 2 and the modding scene ~ or just be cool idlers ;)

As well as the above, the Community Hub aims to offer Torchlight 2 MOD Management capabilities, as well as MOD upload and download functionality to & from a well maintained database ~ Please note, this isn't intended to compete with RGF's much loved, and eagerly anticipated "HotSpot" application, nor act as a Steam / IRC replacement. It's simply another potential 'hangout' option for players, where equal emphasis is placed on on both sociality & functionality. There's a (slowly) growing, fairly regular user base of friendly & helpful people who are always appreciative of a new face!

Torchlight Community Hub Historical Archives
The Hub v1.0
v1.0 Hub
Untitled.png

Past changes / implementations / ideas
Changes in v1.5

• Experimentally implemented a Torchlight 2 Weapon Model Viewer which can be accessed by navigating the menu to "Modding" -> "Tools" -> "Weapon Model Viewer". This feature utilises Torchlight 2 Armory's Model Viewing 'technology'.

• "Buzz!" feature added for the bored / obnoxious / needy! Click the 'Buzz!' icon to violently shake everyone's client window for a few seconds, as well as emit a sound. Has a cooldown ~ Use responsibly!

• Minor internal improvements & interface tweaks.

• Preloader at login screen as requested by Rosareven. Graphical indication to show that the client is connecting to the chat, as opposed to appearing to be momentarily 'stuck' before joining.

~ Thanks to KelinTor, SpeakiusMaximus, Rosareven & Bran for testing 1.5 pre-release :)

Changes in v1.4

"File Date Changer" added under the menu; "Modding" -> "Tools". This is a 'Pre-GUTS' feature which allows you to change the "modified date" of .PAK and .PAK.MAN files (or any other file actually!) Why? For those unaware; Whenever Runic patch Torchlight 2 (Pre-GUTS), the "modified date" of the MOD files needs to be changed for compatibility. Now you can quickly 'update' your MODs from The Hub.

Disconnect notification added. If you're disconnected from the Chat, you'll now receive a pop up message box to inform you of this most unfortunate mishap! From here, you can return to the login screen or quit (but you wouldn't want to quit, of course!)

Menu changes. The menu option "Websites" has been changed to "Community". The menu option "Mods" has been changed to "Modding".

• Most important of all ~ More emote sounds! Play emotes in chat by typing, for example: #lol

Google search from The Hub. Manually opening / maximizing your browser, heading to Google and performing a search is just waaaay too much work. Just type your Google search query into the chat message box and click the Google icon for a one click Google search.

Torchlight Community Hub v1.4 Plans

Plans for 1.4:

• Allow users to send and open website links directly to / from the client.

• "Winks / Emotes" ~ Users will be able send and receive (hilarious!) graphics and winks to each other.

• Add "Avatar / User Profiles" in some form or other.

Summary of v1.3 Changes:

• Removed background images from the chat window ~ Too much image tearing going on. The rest of the interface graphics (and of course, sounds) can still be customised, and themes can be made as usual! (Current user Theme count: 0!!!)

• Added chat scroll lock. If you need to check the chat history, click the padlock icon below the message input box. This allows you to freely scroll the chat history uninterrupted. To unlock the chat window, click the padlock icon again! (How's that, Homicide?)

• A Text to Speech option is now available for incoming & outgoing chat messages. You can enable Text To Speech by checking the box at: "Settings" -> "Audio" -> "Chat Speak".

• Emotes! Half way there, at least. Sounds can be now played to all Users in chat, provided they have the "Emote Sounds" option enabled. For example, try typing #lol into chat. If you want to be boring and turn them off, head to: "Settings" -> "Audio" -> "Emote Sounds" and uncheck the box! There are currently 20 emote sounds available in the Client.

• (Hopefully) fixed resource pathing issues for Win 7 Users. Thanks to Rushster for the report & testing the fixed build.

• Added Rushster's (awesome!) site ~ http://torchlight.incgamers.com to the list of sites accessible through the "Websites" Hub menu ~ Check it out!

• Changed the way the PM feature works. Still not 100% perfect, but far more stable than previous versions.

Torchlight Community Hub v1.2

Welcome to the dawn of a New Era...

Torchlightians, on this day, you have been entrusted with revolutionary, inconceivably powerful and incomprehensibly flexible, state of the art "Theme Customisation™®" features which offer you, the user, unprecedented freedom to digitally express yourself like never before!

Carefully... Recolour and apply awesome filter effects to a small number of images with unforgiving dimensions!

Meticulously... Scour the internet in search of the ever-elusive, high quality, free sound effects which will bring your Theme™® to life!

Proudly... Etch your name into the digital tablet of legends in the form of a .txt document, and be forever remembered in the timeline of the cosmos!

Now, you can carefully craft & customise the Community Hub Client to your liking(!) ~ Here's how to create a Theme:

Step 1
Create a new folder in the "UI" directory located alongside the Community Hub executable. Name this folder with the name you intend to use for your Theme ~ For example:
"Community Hub\UI\Digital Theme"

Step 2
Copy all the files from "Community Hub\UI\Default" to the Theme folder you just created. These files will act as templates for you to base your own theme on.

Step 3
Open up your image editing software of choice and start customising the Community Hub Interface & Banner graphics to your liking.

Step 4
Replace the sounds! The Community Hub client uses the ".ogg" sound format. File titles should be self-explanatory ~ For example: "ROOMENTER.OGG" is the sound heard by the user upon joining the Chat.

Step 5
When you've finished creating your graphics & perfecting your sounds ~ You should consider branding your theme for the WHOLE WORLD to see(!) Open up "INFO.TXT". This is where you can write some information about your Theme. Other users will see this text when they select your Theme from the "Advanced GUI" menu.

Themes are always welcome!

To submit a theme, e-mail:

tl2mods@gmail.com

~ RMUK

Comments

• RMUKRMUK Posts: 147
    edited October 2012
    Cheeky Bump!

BETA build is now LIVE~ Come join the fun!*

*may not actually be fun!
  • CailleCaille Posts: 127
    Logged on, cheers for making this.

Away from keys enjoying a quick spot of tea and some toast.

Alexis
    *smiles*
    The fairer **** indeed exists, even though tales may yet persist; that no girls on the intraweb can there be found. Do you get the gist? Or shall my tongue in cheeky manner spin this into other banter?
  • You people are awesome.

I can't wait to make some mod dungeons/overmaps/quests for you all to romp around in!

There will be puzzles! Fun puzzles!

Rama
    Let us together make Runic Forums the happy home of many, including the Runic Games Devs!

GUTS Tutorial: Make a Scroll That Warps To Your Level

Your Favorite Awesome Subtle Features of Torchlight 2
    evernewjoy wrote:
    You people are awesome.

I can't wait to make some mod dungeons/overmaps/quests for you all to romp around in!

There will be puzzles! Fun puzzles!

Rama

Feel free to jump in any time, Rama ~ The more the merrier!

It's a bit quiet at the moment, but this is only the 3rd day of development. We hit an all time high of 5(!) users today :lol:. There's currently a huge interface & feature overhaul going on, which should be ready in the next day or two - But meanwhile, the current client is up and running. Anyone can come and go as they please ~ No registration / installation / soul selling etc. required. Just download, open the client, give yourself a name and come in. Don't let the bugs and tumbleweed put you off :)

Also; I am eagerly anticipating your fun puzzles :geek:
  • wow it works!

There was even someone online!

Great work RMUK !

I will drop by periodically, and there will be massive discussions I am sure once editor comes out!

So nice of you to put this together

I loved the option to change fontsize!

and the friendly message in the About section

I am very impressed with your app-making abilities and also your AESTHETIC tastes, it fits perfectly into TL universe.

Well done!

Rama

PS: I'm not trying to give you more work to do, but any chance at some point of incorporating support for symbols like ♥, heart symbol ? As you can see I like to use those. I am sure emoticons is a whole project by itself but ♥ is the one I use most.

PSS: I love Secret of Mana too
    Let us together make Runic Forums the happy home of many, including the Runic Games Devs!

• BrixtanBrixtan Posts: 2,289
    lol RMUK is this thing finally up and running now? If so, grats on all the hard work :)

I'll download it.
    brixtan_by_hawkn93-d49csvz.png
    "If a problem is too big to fix, one must break it into smaller problems."
    WoW Weapons & Armor Modding Guide
  • HomicideHomicide Posts: 1,071
    Hey this is a neat idea for sure :P I will check it out too.
    ...but when we stop acting civil and start calling people names, we're no longer interacting in the spirit of Runic Games.

Zepheyr ~ 2012
  • Pretty cool. WOuld be amazing if this was made into a mod open source tool that tracked mod file revisions saved to a server that everyone can access and work on (either simultaneoulsy or via checkin/out, so we are all centralized in development and sharing content), like an opensource project.
    Just Dreaming big :)
  • Have you considered having this as an open-sourced project?
  • AeydonAeydon Posts: 570
    Great work as always RMUK, cheers! :)
    Loving the selling points of the client hahaha. :P
    Thanks for the replies folks, and thanks to those who have stopped in to say hello. Just uploaded v1.1. It's a bit tidier & more spacious ~ Not to mention the menus have been expanded on; Offering a glimpse at the future of the Community Hub's mod download & management functionality.
    Pretty cool. WOuld be amazing if this was made into a mod open source tool that tracked mod file revisions saved to a server that everyone can access and work on (either simultaneoulsy or via checkin/out, so we are all centralized in development and sharing content), like an opensource project.
    Just Dreaming big :)

Thanks AttackGorilla ~ That's definitely the sort of direction I'm hoping to take this in, whether it'll get to that point is another thing, but definitely something to aim for ;)
  • DushoDusho Posts: 988
    Nice work RMUK..
    Though you need to get rid of those windows buttons (minimize, maximize, ..) and top menu to make it look cool Torchlighty :)
    go for custom painted...
    keep it up!
  • bumping this cause its awesome and should be stickied

:)

Rama

I am and will usually be pretty close to always logged in, so some sort of status would be nice.

A way to set ourselves as away. Because as has probably been noted as well by others, I do not always log out when I idle or away.

Alexis
    *smiles*
    The fairer **** indeed exists, even though tales may yet persist; that no girls on the intraweb can there be found. Do you get the gist? Or shall my tongue in cheeky manner spin this into other banter?
  • can someone please send me the code

to make hyperlink in my signature so I don't have 2 lines, title of link, and then link itself? [url] clearly isn't enough

:)

Rama

PS: an "away" feature would be awesome

how about the bear sitting or the ratling sleeping, or something like that as indicator hee hee[/url]

No one is on.

Else there is something awry as I am in 1.1 and there is no one here.

Alexis
    *smiles*
  • You're going to probably close and re-open the chat. It tends to freeze after idling a bit.
    | How to extract/edit TL2 item files, V012 [With images] I am no longer active in the modding community. If you wish to take a project that I have made, besides the 'How to extract/edit TL2 item files', and change it as your own, you may do so.
  • SrikandiSrikandi Posts: 334
    Download link not working :( "Oops — this shared file or folder link has been removed. "
    Srikandi wrote:
    Download link not working :( "Oops — this shared file or folder link has been removed. "

Sorry 'bout that, it's back up ~ Few fixes done. :)
  • Dear Community,

I helped RMUK pick out some additional new backgrounds, this pick showcases one of my favorites!

RMUK also added a new font color chooser thing, its awesome!

This tool of his is getting amazing!

rmukchat.jpg

Rama

PS: it looks even better when you actually use it, image shack resolution not that great

PSS: don't believe the title of the app window I tried it (it didn't work)

• rosarevenrosareven Posts: 155
    Nicely done RMUK. Just wondering, is this always going to be a separate app or is it going to be integrated into the game once GUTS goes live?
    PSS: don't believe the title of the app window I tried it (it didn't work)

Haha - you **** Jokers. :P
    ...but when we stop acting civil and start calling people names, we're no longer interacting in the spirit of Runic Games.

Zepheyr ~ 2012
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭
    Would there be any way to add an account system similar to the kind of account system IRC clients use that let people set their names and password protect them? Something like NickServ?
    ItfooQF.png
    Zidders wrote:
    Would there be any way to add an account system similar to the kind of account system IRC clients use that let people set their names and password protect them? Something like NickServ?

Great idea!
  • i would say this chat client is good platform for active tl2 player :)
    Woo hoo - we're up to 7 max users at one time :P , movin up

Zepheyr ~ 2012
  • DarkTailsDarkTails Posts: 4,148
    "Anyone who doesn't use this is a ****" - Mr. ****-XXXXXX

"I'm not a pokemon :|" - RMUK

"I hate pretzels" - CheesyPeas

The good times are rolling!
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭
    Ok, also wanted to add that you should snag the 'Torchlight' font file from the first game and add that to the list of fonts ^_^

Also...d'aw...I'm in the community thanks :3 ^_^
    ItfooQF.png
    Zidders wrote:
    Ok, also wanted to add that you should snag the 'Torchlight' font file from the first game and add that to the list of fonts ^_^

The fonts are clientside.
  • BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,263 admin
    RMUK wrote:
    *snip*

This is a really neat project, RMUK! :)
    BrianW
    Community Manager // Mr. Nice Guy

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/runicgames

For technical support, send a PM or contact us. You can check our knowledgebase for solutions to common issues.

N9PPYBB.png
    Hob – coming soon to PC and PS4.