Official Vanilla/Legit TL2 Friends List!

shimmy83shimmy83 Posts: 109
edited October 2015 in TL2 Guilds
WELCOME!!!

Welcome to the biggest list of vanilla/legitimate players on the forums. The primary reason for forming this list, was a response to the overwhelming amount of cheaters out there. Every game I joined had at least one player, who had edited items that completely broke the game, ruining it for me. I just wanted to play, and enjoy a cheat free cooperative experience with others. Before coming to these forums, I feared i was in the minority. I was quickly proven wrong, within hours of this topics creation we had an overwhelming response from the community! Our goal as a group is to help others in anyway possible. To demonstrate Largesse,and to foster a welcoming and kind attitude towards all who share our ideals. We are not ridiculously strict, if you have used respec potions, or minor mods we aren't going to go after you. This is open to everyone! Just post you Runic ID in a message and either I or Evernewjoy will add you to the list and tag you with a *NEW* marker.

TORCHLIGHTME
Here is a link to Yabizar's site , it's well laid out and the people are great. I signed up there the same day i made this thread. I encourage anyone looking for a formal place for vanilla players to go, chat, and find games, head over there.
Working link!
http://www.torchlightme.com/index.php?c ... message-83

A GUIDE TO ENJOYING TORCHLIGHT 2 MULTIPLAYER
by: Evernewjoy

Nothing I can say will be said better than what is written here. Evernewjoy is knowledgeable, kind, and a great resource. This guide is a blueprint for how the members of this group should act and operate.
Link: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=40544

*****NEW*****
Philanthropists UNITE!
Greybucket(whom I've played with personally), one of the first to join this group, has created a thread dedicated to helping others in the form of item donation. A great idea that has a ton of potential. Idea's and gestures such as this are what's going to gain new players, and retain those who are veterans. The thread is complete, and it is exceptionally well done. He's been very thorough, and thought through some of the logistical complications that may arise in the current trade and matchmaking system. I encourage everyone to keep in mind when acquiring loot, if they come across an item that they have no use for, hang on to it for your fellow players! Enough blabbing from me! Go over to the thread and check it out now!

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=41316&p=370964#p370964

EVERNEWJOY's Alphabetized Player List:

ALL NAMES ON LIST ARE RUNIC ID'S

TOTAL MEMBERS: 80

~~~
#'s
3DCitizen

A
Anamalech

B
b4ry
BawaBawa
birdbrain
BlueGod
byce

C
centurio ***NEW***

D
dagripper77
dakar92
DallianTom
Dekar0
DoctorT
dragohole
Du4No
Dynamise
dwoowid

E
englvlsix
Evernewjoy Creator of this list! Author of How to enjoy Multiplayer, Super Person!

F
F-A-L-L-E-N-1-
Faria1st
feyith
fishfins
fluffstalker ***NEW***
Fyle

G
Gabrien
greybucket (Philanthropists Unite Founder)
groggyb

H
Hasber
Heatinmyharbl
Homicide ***Veteran***
Horkul
Hranulf
Hunador

J
JacerX
jessisceltic

K
Kbrot
keenlam
Kholdmire ***NEW***

L
levishadow
lothmorg
luciandx

M
MajorPain
Manboy
Marichelle
mcpoopy
mempha ****Veteran****
Mikolz
MowseQC
mysterioso

N
Natts
nattsol
Nightfallaurora

P
paddycakes
pandazzzzzz
pantleg
Parafuzeta
Pentalis
pirate_yar
pman0409
praetoriangiant ***NEW***

Q
questionablyinsane

R
redshipraider
rigelgil

S
Saltylogic
scionofhorus
seratuhl
Sgt. Pepper
shimmy83 the thread fool
Shoruk3n
SirRight ***NEW***
Skizzik
Skyquake
somethingtohide
sonic
spedcial ***NEW***
spizzmatic
stickeye

T
TerosX
ThatMountain
TheforsaknOne
timberw ***NEW***

W
Wakizashi
WereJackal
whitewolfdog
whsheng
X
x3vi4n
XenoZeno

Y
yabizar Torchlightme Creator
yasha

Z
Zycat

EDIT:
Runic ID: shimmy83
34-29345-P.jpg
Join Our Growing Group of Cheat Free Players! Join below!
Legit player's List: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=40552

Comments

• feyithfeyith Posts: 853
    Wow. Nice to see someone actually using the forums for networking instead of just whining about not being able to network with like minded players.

Welcome to community, Shimmy.

Be sure to check out the guild sub-forum as well.

viewforum.php?f=35
  • Hi there. I'm pretty sure you'll get a lot of replies from vanilla players, but just in case you don't, you can find a lot of them at the guild section.

Welcome to the community. :)
    Friendly fire is never friendly.
  • shimmy83shimmy83 Posts: 109
    Will do! Thanks for the reply!
    34-29345-P.jpg
    Great advice! I'll head over there, finally found a place to find some "vanilla" players! :mrgreen:
    34-29345-P.jpg
    By the way, as much as people rag on threads asking for closed servers, you'll find that probably 90% of us are legit players and nice people, all just looking to enjoy the co-op experience too. I'm playing through on elite with my boyfriend and his brother right now. Our characters are 30-40. His character is flagged for resetting his skills but if you can live with that, feel free to friend me and join us any time.
    I can absolutely live with that, just have a problem playing with people who either cause my level to go up, have insane items, obvious cheats etc. But that is indeed great news!
    34-29345-P.jpg
  • Hi there. I am legit myself and am always down to play with like-minded individuals.

Runic account: Heatinmyharbl
    Steam: [tla]heatinmyharbl

P.S.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES! : P
  • feyith wrote:
    you'll find that probably 90% of us are legit players and nice people, all just looking to enjoy the co-op experience too.

:)

My id is Evernewjoy, if I am online feel free to drop by and say hi!
    timezone: EDT / New York Time, USA

Rama
    Let us together make Runic Forums the happy home of many, including the Runic Games Devs!

GUTS Tutorial: Make a Scroll That Warps To Your Level

Your Favorite Awesome Subtle Features of Torchlight 2
    I've added both of you to my runic account friends list, I try not to use steam as much as possible.
    34-29345-P.jpg
  • Dear Shimmy,

I added you / confirmed your invite :)

Rama
    Let us together make Runic Forums the happy home of many, including the Runic Games Devs!

• Add me too if you dont mind, im a vanilla player as well just looking for poeple to do co-op with. Im gonna add the rest of you guys

Runic: Paddycakes
    Looking for the Vanilla Torchlight II guild?

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739
  • Dear Paddycakes,

I added you too!

Looks like the network is growing fast!

Rama

• HomicideHomicide Posts: 1,071
    Feel free to add me if you want, account name is the same.
    ...but when we stop acting civil and start calling people names, we're no longer interacting in the spirit of Runic Games.

Zepheyr ~ 2012
  • Added you Homicide!

Hope to see you in game some time :)

Drop by anytime!

Rama

• For people who can't seem to stay in a game without being kicked, here's a hint on how to solve that. Be like the OP.

Welcome, Shimmy. :)
    This thread should be stickied as an example.
  • feyith wrote:
    This thread should be stickied as an example.

this game isnt called Forum House 2. if you have to join a forum and make threads to enjoy co-op with strangers, runic has failed at its (pug) multiplayer experience. and no, the answer isnt closed servers either that doesnt help. theres alot of things they can start implementing and they probably will to make coop better for pugs, but threads like this are just a bandaid in the meanwhile, not an example of how the game should be.
    **I'M IMPORTANT**
    Without this giant red signature, you might not have known.
  • My account is "Fyle"

I live in Tokyo tho. so...

time zones are an issue. oh well. i'll find a way to get online at work soon enough... could be tricky but, that would make my work days A LOT better.
  • HomicideHomicide Posts: 1,071
    this game isnt called Forum House 2.

i lold.
    ...but when we stop acting civil and start calling people names, we're no longer interacting in the spirit of Runic Games.

Zepheyr ~ 2012
    deadstarre wrote:
    threads like this are just a bandaid in the meanwhile
    Maybe so, but it's a lot more productive than anything the closed server pitchfork crowd is doing.
  • feyith wrote:
    it's a lot more productive than anything the closed server pitchfork crowd is doing.

Loving your perspective Feyith,

and I really like your idea Feyith of having everyone meet up this way!

We can create huge friendlist this way and always know a nice person will be joining our friends-only games!

Rama

• feyith wrote:
    Maybe so, but it's a lot more productive than anything the closed server pitchfork crowd is doing.

agreed
    **I'M IMPORTANT**
    Without this giant red signature, you might not have known.
  • I would like to join you however i actually have to go to work at 9:30. Night shift job. I'm often available though anytime 9:30 AM - 9:30 PM on all days except Wednesday.

I love playing and chatting. I actually like giving more than I get just because I like feeling awesome.

Anyways I could also use the friends. My id is: questionablyinsane

...I think. This is actually the first game I've ever played online. So I'm learning the ropes.
  • I love playing and chatting. I actually like giving more than I get just because I like feeling awesome.

Well nice to meet you sir, welcome to the forums and I will try to add you in-game!

If you have any clarification of your online id at any time let us know

Rama

• I just wanted to beat the game in single-player first and experience the content (story, mechanics, etc.) before I started looking into multiplayer. I like to explore the map thoroughly to find loot since that has become fun again to do. "That other game" ruined that aspect for me. Actually, I just quit a game where a level ~50ish had all level 99 loot. Even more reason to play within a friend's list.
  • We have the same goals. Add me too. Name is same for both Steam and TL2.

I would multiplayer a lot more but my friends list is shamefully barren.
    Runic/Steam ID: greybucket
  • I added you graybucket!

Rama

• Awesome, and thanks! I will add people from this thread when I get home from work.
    Runic/Steam ID: greybucket
  • Hi guise! :)

I'm also looking for Veteran/Elite Vanilla players. I don't mind potion re-speccers. As long as items are legit and all that jazz then we are cool. Feel free to add me.

Steam ID: iamthe9nome
    Runic ID: Manboy
    Mods don't extend longevity for RPGs, it kills it

orly?
    kramer-seinfeld-you-fail-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-688.gif
  • I added you, ThatMountain :)

I like your name :)

Rama