Teleported to friend ...

gluttnonousporgusgluttnonousporgus Posts: 13
edited November 2012 in TL Hardcore Mode
... bad idea. Level 22, **** elite embermage, ported right into the middle of a battlefield of goblins. Didn't even have a chance to frost phase out. Lesson learned - never teleport to a friend/unknown location in HCE. So dumb. RIP Flarn, my fire embermage.

Comments

• One of those 10-HC-Commandments: You don't port without asking "Clear?". Ever.
    Have fun with your next Char!
    Stop seeking. That which is, is. Stop and see.
  • NauzhrorNauzhror Posts: 1,090
    pepegreen wrote:
    One of those 10-HC-Commandments: You don't port without asking "Clear?". Ever.

Rule #11: Occasionally answer yes when the answer is most definitely no for ultimate lulz?
    Wq022Hq.png
    "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams
  • Nauzhror wrote:
    pepegreen wrote:
    One of those 10-HC-Commandments: You don't port without asking "Clear?". Ever.

Rule #11: Occasionally answer yes when the answer is most definitely no for ultimate lulz?

Rule #1: Never play with randoms
  • SharpeSharpe Posts: 351
    Always ask "safe?" or "clear?" Always!

I learned my lesson once when I first started playing HCE. Was on level 7 with an engineer. Thought someone was in Echo Pass and they were in Crow's Pass. Big difference. Shouldn't have even 'ported to them in Echo Pass! But, I did and man, was that scary. They were level 17 and right in the thick of things, surrounded by level 16 (IIRC) spiders and wolves. Made it out alive, but honestly, in my ignorance, I was rude to them in addition to being careless with my character.

Thing is, it also increases the difficulty for the person to whom you teleport. So, there's never, ever any reason to 'port to a person without asking first in ****.
    RunicID: Sharpe103
  • xhudaxxhudax Posts: 110
    I learnt that lesson in D2! RIP.

Be careful playing when with good friends because "Safe" can sometimes mean "Enter and only have a small chance of escape and survival for my amusement."

It's all fun and games until someone gets killed, then you have to power level them back up!
    flight3.jpg