[BUG] Permanent Repulsion Hex

PyrosEienPyrosEien Posts: 269
edited October 2016 in Torchlight II Support
So how it happened, I'm not entirely sure, I think I cast it, then took a portal, maybe as it was wearing off. Anyway thing is now my character has a permanent Repulsion Hex. I even untrained the skill, relogged, changed zones, but still have it. I think dying might fix it but that's still a fairly big issue, since you can drop 3points in it, get it bugged, then remove the 3points and free Repulsion Hex yay.

Comments

• ValvadosValvados Posts: 15
    I know this thread is old, but I would rather bring it back up than open another with the same problem.

I confirm this bug exists, I've been trying to get rid of it for three days now. At some point the hex becomes permanent, I don't know how or why, but it just chooses to to stay. Changing maps, going online or offline, even after you die... It will be there, waiting. Like a true hex. Always there, always haunting you. Even if you remove ALL the skill points in that skill... it will still be there.

While some may argue that having a permanent repulsion hex is great, I don't want it. I admit I have a character I use for modding and whatnot, but I don't cheat on any other character. I don't want a bug or a glitch to give me an unfair advantage like that. At least not for my legit characters. So out of curiousity, does anyone know how to remove this permanent hex? How to make it go away? :lol:
  • GraeystoneGraeystone Posts: 1,545
    Valvados wrote:
    I know this thread is old, but I would rather bring it back up than open another with the same problem.

I confirm this bug exists, I've been trying to get rid of it for three days now. At some point the hex becomes permanent, I don't know how or why, but it just chooses to to stay. Changing maps, going online or offline, even after you die... It will be there, waiting. Like a true hex. Always there, always haunting you. Even if you remove ALL the skill points in that skill... it will still be there.

While some may argue that having a permanent repulsion hex is great, I don't want it. I admit I have a character I use for modding and whatnot, but I don't cheat on any other character. I don't want a bug or a glitch to give me an unfair advantage like that. At least not for my legit characters. So out of curiousity, does anyone know how to remove this permanent hex? How to make it go away? :lol:
    Did you try a World Reroll?
  • ValvadosValvados Posts: 15
    Yes, I have tried re-rolling. It's still there. Any other suggestions? :lol:
  • ZsozarkZsozark Posts: 1
    I've experienced this bug too. It's easy to get rid of it. Just recast your repulsion hex. It'll disappear from you shortly.
  • I am playing vanilla **** elite and I've always one repulsion hex hovering over me.
    Recasting it puts another one up there, which vanishes after the time it should.
    The permanent one isn't affected by this, as it isn't by rerolling the world.
  • Contrarily, how can I force this bug to take place?
  • MygafferMygaffer Posts: 123
    Well this ****, my new outlander has this now. Two repulsion hexs, one that goes away and one that is permanent. Is there a way to fix this?
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    Mygaffer wrote:
    Well this ****, my new outlander has this now. Two repulsion hexs, one that goes away and one that is permanent. Is there a way to fix this?
    Try recasting it.
    ItfooQF.png
  • SerkevanSerkevan Posts: 1,586
    If it's not ****, have you tried dying?
    Now that I think of it, I recall a character being vanilla-ruined because I was tinkering with some affixes and skills in GUTS and tried to use the Tiamat effect (chance on hit) as the base for a skill.

Now the poor Outlander drops swords on the heads of everything every three seconds, even naked and with no skill points assigned. I never got around to fix it, but from the way it works I suspect it's a buff that just doesn't end. Not sure how to fix it but someone more knowledgeable might help... *summons Chthon*