Where to farm Skull of Limoany?

sadronsadron Posts: 809
Since higher levels flat armor is downright useless, I was wondering if anyone could direct me towards where I could perhaps farm for the Skull of Limoany? Each one of those 5% all damage reductions is an absolute must for me, I feel. If anyone knows the boss or general area in which I could farm this (even maps!) please, let me know.
«1

Comments

  • TenTen Posts: 395
    Champions and chests in act 1 NG+ seem to be best. Otherwise, any lvl 50-67 areas should work.

    But don't expect to find them easily.
    ___ten2.png___
  • Ten wrote:
    Champions and chests in act 1 NG+ seem to be best.

    That's exactly where I just found my first one a few minutes ago :)
  • sadronsadron Posts: 809
    I'm already in new game plus plus at the moment :/
  • TenTen Posts: 395
    Easiest way might be to roll up an alt to farm them then. Even then, they are by no means common.
    ___ten2.png___
  • Few easy steps to fast skulls of limoany....

    1. Farm act 1 Ng+ acquire one skull....
    2. Put in socket...
    3. Backup save file for char....
    4. Get gem out of armor put gem in stash...reload backup
    5. Repeat as needed

    I really find this method to be ok in my books from the extremely limited area to find them you will gain very little besides gold and prolly not have any enjoyment so get what u need and proceed to actually play game and find new gears!
  • Do crypt maps that are around 55. Crypt maps have easy access secret rooms and I'm pretty sure secret rooms have boosted chances of dropping skulls
  • RedvexRedvex Posts: 966
    Burnered wrote:
    I really find this method to be ok in my books from the extremely limited area to find them you will gain very little besides gold and prolly not have any enjoyment so get what u need and proceed to actually play game and find new gears!
    When you come to this, it's time to uninstall the game.

    Anyway, what's said above but chests > kills, you'll get more socketables that way.
  • Redvex wrote:
    When you come to this, it's time to uninstall the game.
    Not...really...

    Do you really think it's enjoyable to play the same maps for 20 hours straight just to find a specific socketable over and over? With no hope of finding any good items over level 55ish? And yet it's necessary because everything one shots you at a certain point.

    Essentially what you are saying is when you reach a certain level vs. the monsters, it's time to uninstall the game, and that's not a good road to go down. The game should be playable at all levels.
  • Redvex wrote:
    When you come to this, it's time to uninstall the game.
    No bad game design doesn't mean you should uninstall because whoever thought it was a good idea to farm beginning area **** to play end game material is stupid....i mean you farm areas slightly near the area you want to progress to not lvl 50 **** to get to lvl 100 and beyond end game...mainly because these **** skulls of limoany don't drop in the areas like lvl 70 plus ever 0% chance is dumb...
  • RedvexRedvex Posts: 966
    You don't NEED this skull to finish NG+++ and reach lvl 100, i got only one, and i did.

    It's just easier, but also there's the point of items being rare.
    If you wanna avoid that and make them easily avaible for those who can't/don't want to play for hours to obtain them, you end up with solution like Guild Wars, green items fixed on a boss or available for some gold at an NPC.

    The only viable answer to this would be a defense/armor balancing, like scaling a lil % per 100 points.
    THIS is bad design, you not having the precious rare skull is not.

    Just farm Grell, you'll get lotsa 3% in no time.
  • IndimionIndimion Posts: 136
    I admit it's nice to skip the (how many hours) of tedium just so that you can make a build that is not a glaivelander survive in Elite.

    On the other hand it's nice to feel like you have earned every part of your character and it's really nice when you can say to anyone who cares around you that you didn't cheat.

    Jeez that's a tough call??? :?: ??
  • QuentymQuentym Posts: 24
    Burnered wrote:
    Redvex wrote:
    When you come to this, it's time to uninstall the game.
    No bad game design doesn't mean you should uninstall because whoever thought it was a good idea to farm beginning area **** to play end game material is stupid....i mean you farm areas slightly near the area you want to progress to not lvl 50 **** to get to lvl 100 and beyond end game...mainly because these **** skulls of limoany don't drop in the areas like lvl 70 plus ever 0% chance is dumb...

    making really strong gems rare is not bad game design...
    it doesn't mean you are (legit) privileged to have like 5 skulls of the same kind to make your character "badass-roxooor". it's just cheating nothing else.
  • Quentym wrote:
    making really strong gems rare is not bad game design...
    it doesn't mean you are (legit) privileged to have like 5 skulls of the same kind to make your character "badass-roxooor". it's just cheating nothing else.
    Y'know, that's funny. This is one of the few games out there that explicitly states when you are cheating, via cheat flag. I don't think doing this flags you, and indeed Runic seems to support the idea of mods and playing any way you like.

    If copying your character is out of the question, what does he have to do to make this no longer cheating? Create an official mod that adds a +20% damage reduction socketable that drops all the time, is that cool?
  • sadronsadron Posts: 809
    The only reason I made this topic was because damage is so unreasonable at high levels, there's literally no point in having armor save for the other stats, flat damage reduction should have been balanced a bit better.
  • sadron wrote:
    The only reason I made this topic was because damage is so unreasonable at high levels, there's literally no point in having armor save for the other stats, flat damage reduction should have been balanced a bit better.

    The problem is the scaling of the armor compared to the scaling of the damage but yeah, saying this is like beating on a dead horse already.

    If a balance mod comes out, I'm sure this will be one of the major things we'll take into consideration before using the said mod.

    For now, you either farm grell/limoany, or
    "clone" them via shared stash exploit.
  • sadronsadron Posts: 809
    Don't mean to sound like a cheating douche (I would never use it in Multiplayer anyway) but is there a way to spawn the item in with console?
  • FhaarkasFhaarkas Posts: 690
    sadron wrote:
    Don't mean to sound like a cheating douche (I would never use it in Multiplayer anyway) but is there a way to spawn the item in with console?
    Sure. Everything can be spawned with console. Never done it but logically speaking that's how it is.
    [LINK DELETED]
    Remember, remember, the 20th of September.
    Random quote:
    I just stand back and try to manage the chaos. - Erich Schaefer
    Caution: Autistic thinker.
    Mods: Torchlight | Diablo Font | Foggy Town
  • sadron wrote:
    Don't mean to sound like a cheating douche (I would never use it in Multiplayer anyway) but is there a way to spawn the item in with console?

    Well if you don't mind being flagged as a cheater, look up in the TL2 armory for their console IDs.

    Though I'll be happy to share you my shared stash of goodies if you want to; yes its unethical to
    clone
    the said items but hey, the game is not meant to be a chore :lol:
  • Quentym wrote:
    making really strong gems rare is not bad game design...
    I could deal if they were rare but I REPEAT 0% CHANCE TO DROP IS BEYOND RARE....if they continued to drop at every level say after lvl 50 and it was just a freaking rare drop....then sure just farm basically but to be lvl 75 and start needing some %dr to continue and the only way to get them is say go back 20 some freaking lvls to get them that doesn't make sense and i say this because I am playing a hc char on veteran(and don't even get me started on an item from lvl 15 eye of grell ****!)....but even then on sc it is kinda to the point then i would have to say that unless u want to just die a freakton well u need some %dr i mean to me i do have the time i could farm the limoany but seems like a beyond stupid idea because my fun rating would drop thru the floor which means i wouldn't want to play anymore....

    and of course u could play thru on casual and yea prolly not need the %dr too but jesus anything below veteran dies in 1 hit so i mean thats not fun either....
  • Someone should make a mod with a high level version of the same skull so that it can be farmed at cap.
  • yes a lot of the gems should be farmable after a level range...whoever came up with that i want to b-slap esp because some are so stinkin powerful...i mean i think there are a good 10 gems that should drop at lvl 100 that won't
  • QuentymQuentym Posts: 24
    Quentym wrote:
    making really strong gems rare is not bad game design...
    it doesn't mean you are (legit) privileged to have like 5 skulls of the same kind to make your character "badass-roxooor". it's just cheating nothing else.
    Y'know, that's funny. This is one of the few games out there that explicitly states when you are cheating, via cheat flag. I don't think doing this flags you, and indeed Runic seems to support the idea of mods and playing any way you like.

    If copying your character is out of the question, what does he have to do to make this no longer cheating? Create an official mod that adds a +20% damage reduction socketable that drops all the time, is that cool?

    it doesn't flag you because that would be difficult to accomplish technically. you can play any way you like via mods but it's not the original game.
    there is no way to obtain the skulls without cheating/modding but farm ng+ or whereever. the skull is not intended to drop more than about 1-2 times for each character because they are gamebreaking powerful.
    Burnered wrote:
    Quentym wrote:
    making really strong gems rare is not bad game design...
    I could deal if they were rare but I REPEAT 0% CHANCE TO DROP IS BEYOND RARE....if they continued to drop at every level say after lvl 50 and it was just a freaking rare drop....then sure just farm basically but to be lvl 75 and start needing some %dr to continue and the only way to get them is say go back 20 some freaking lvls to get them that doesn't make sense and i say this because I am playing a hc char on veteran(and don't even get me started on an item from lvl 15 eye of grell ****!)....but even then on sc it is kinda to the point then i would have to say that unless u want to just die a freakton well u need some %dr i mean to me i do have the time i could farm the limoany but seems like a beyond stupid idea because my fun rating would drop thru the floor which means i wouldn't want to play anymore....

    and of course u could play thru on casual and yea prolly not need the %dr too but jesus anything below veteran dies in 1 hit so i mean thats not fun either....

    even if there were just really rare you would hit level 100 before you got like 5 skulls by farming...
    but if you don't like the difficulty just go for it and mod/cheat them in it is just for fun and no one cares. but it's a bit silly to consider them anywhere near legit.
  • Anyone here care to share stash with limoany inside?
    thanks
  • joesblgjoesblg Posts: 258
    Do you really think it's enjoyable to play the same maps for 20 hours straight just to find a specific socketable over and over? With no hope of finding any good items over level 55ish? And yet it's necessary because everything one shots you at a certain point.
    .

    Say what? I'm lvl 60 and just defeated Alchemist lvl 80 on NG+ and he still doesn't one shot me

    Stop playing Glass Canon...

    Edit: Playing Embermage on Veteran... ^ ^
    Eye mane is pokey because I get poked im ****...
  • Tommy1402 wrote:
    Anyone here care to share stash with limoany inside?
    thanks

    I don't have limoany, but I do have a stash of legit gem goodies for all **** chars to use.

    http://www.4shared.com/file/5vHXoi1H/sharedstashh.html? here is the link

    Contained in my stash are the following:

    - 8 pcs of Eye of Grell
    - 8 Pcs of assorted 4% Ranged Reflect Chance Chaos Gems
    - 8 Pcs of Lito Inso's Gem (2% chance to full heal everytime you get hit)
    - 8 Pcs of 3% Physical Armor Gem (for my "Aegis" Engineer)
    - 8 Pcs of Lucky Coin (because you need the gold for gambling)

    Dont forget to backup your old Shared Stash.

    And yes, these are all legit, cloned the rest of my supplies after getting tired of farming over and over and over and over and over and over and over everytime my new EHC character dies :lol:
  • narbssnarbss Posts: 73
    The problem is items, specifically the defensive aspect of them, scale very poorly. The game is well balanced for the first half, and then a sudden cliff after level 50ish. My berserker had 600 physical resist and 500ish elemental when he was 50... At level 100 he has 747 physical resist and even less elemental resists.

    Torchlight 2 is a 10 out of 10 in my book. But their are some gaping holes that start showing their ugly heads the longer you play. Do what most of us are doing; walk away for a while until the modders clean up some of the mess. Don't start farming level 50 areas when your 100 already, and don't resort to cheating just to survive level 100+ content.
  • PuddlesPuddles Posts: 59
    narbss wrote:
    The problem is items, specifically the defensive aspect of them, scale very poorly. The game is well balanced for the first half, and then a sudden cliff after level 50ish..

    I'm about half way through Act 1 NG+ on my engineer so I"m not a good point of reference for this thread. However, if the game is unbalanced as you say I would imagine some sort of fix from the devs is in place. If not, the mod community will surely fix it. So far, I'm having a blast in NG+. Things still die very very fast, plus I love all the different toys the engy can make!
  • joesblg wrote:
    Say what? I'm lvl 60 and just defeated Alchemist lvl 80 on NG+ and he still doesn't one shot me

    The skulls are not for any freaking bosses all the bosses in the game are easy and do very little damage compared to the rest of the mobs out there and your not even melee so really u don't even count...play melee then say something as i have 75% all damage reduction and resists no pure dps and on casual there are mobs that can one shot me....and none of them are the main bosses :) just some monsters clearly were overlooked on scaling w/ certain abilities and they are all melee range attack abilities too which is the worst part so as a ranged mage im not surprised that you think its qq you are playing a different game in my books
  • zoglazogla Posts: 23
    Hey !

    I have been trying desperately to find a skull of limoany, doing what you said : farming act 1. I usually play elite but chose to farm in vet to make it faster... I did like 30 runs, killing every monster, destroying every urn, opening every chest and killing each boss; without a single one. Do they only drop in elite ? And what is your strategy when farming ? You skip everything except champions and chests ?

    Thanks for your advice !
  • TenTen Posts: 395
    I try to skip most things except chests and chapions, yes. They drop in all dificulties,

    They're just very rare. Which is why most tend to just farm grell for his +3% ones instead.
    ___ten2.png___
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.