Shred armor, anyone tested what skills activate armor bonus?

TerikanTerikan Posts: 140
edited October 2012 in Berserker Discussions
Especially if any unexpected skills activate it?

So far I've found that the typical things work, ravage works, but shadow burst doesn't. wolf pack with 2 points works.

Anyone have a list?

Trying to see how much armor I can stack in 3 seconds time.

Comments

• TerikanTerikan Posts: 140
    oh and weapons that do splash damage, do they activate it for each enemy hit?
  • Yes they do, and raze works, eviscerate works.
    what about red wolf, chain snare, savage rush, shadowbind damage, tundra skills, etc?
  • xkillaxkilla Posts: 618
    Terikan wrote:
    what about red wolf, chain snare, savage rush, shadowbind damage, tundra skills, etc?

Why would Red Wolf trigger it? That's a proc in and of itself.

Ravage ultra-stacks Shred Armor stacks. Bar none the best skill to use with it.

Skills that I can 100% confirm work with Shred Armor:
    - Eviscerate
    - Raze
    - Ravage
    - Storm Hatchet
    - Wolf Strike
    - Chain Snare

Something I am unsure of, as my original level 49 zerker that I now use to test these kinds of things with, is whether or not the Tier III (Rank 15/15) Frost Breath will trigger Shred Armor. The skill description says it will then at that point allow life on hit and mana on hit effects. So, I am unsure if that also includes other on-hit effects/procs like Shred Armor, Conveys Dmg, Stun, etc.
    Savinix -> L49 Berserker (Retired)
    Xephina -> [LINK DELETED] (Northern Rage)
    Dramatix -> [LINK DELETED] (Work in Progress)
  • brophogbrophog Posts: 128
    xkilla wrote:
    The skill description says it will then at that point allow life on hit and mana on hit effects. So, I am unsure if that also includes other on-hit effects/procs like Shred Armor, Conveys Dmg, Stun, etc.

That's a great question. We could infer that there is a distinction between life/mana on hit effects and weapon effects based on Rune Vault having a distinction between them in its tiers. However, that's considering the descriptions are written with that level of consistency.
  • madnomadmadnomad Posts: 154
    xkilla wrote:
    Why would Red Wolf trigger it?
    So you could proc while you proc... [Insert Xzibit meme pic here.]
    But yea, that would make no sense.
    xkilla wrote:
    Something I am unsure of, as my original level 49 zerker that I now use to test these kinds of things with, is whether or not the Tier III (Rank 15/15) Frost Breath will trigger Shred Armor. The skill description says it will then at that point allow life on hit and mana on hit effects. So, I am unsure if that also includes other on-hit effects/procs like Shred Armor, Conveys Dmg, Stun, etc.
    Breath T3 doesn't stack Shred armor buff on you. It does apply Shred debuff icon to targets tho.
    And no to conveys and % to cast.
    There are some procs that can proc other effects guys, it's not that weird.
    Terikan wrote:

Which would be? Enlighten us :)

Rage Retaliation proc'ing other effects was nerfed, so that doesn't count.
    xkilla wrote:
    Terikan wrote:

Which would be? Enlighten us :)

Rage Retaliation proc'ing other effects was nerfed, so that doesn't count.

um, first of all, yes that does count. Poison explosion I believe can proc more posion explosions. I read a recent post that red wolves crit on any and all crits, so that would mean crits resulting from passive effects as well right?
    No, it doesn't count because it was just changed to NOT count.
  • madnomadmadnomad Posts: 154
    Retaliation doesn't count because it procs on YOU getting hit, which then generates an attack on enemy which could have it's own on hit procs (which they apparently didn't like). So there are 2 different on hits on 2 different targets (you and the monster).

On hit proc that proc's more procs just doesn't make sense :)
    Yeah, it would cause a cataclysmic chain reaction of epic proportions...

So, why was Rage Retaliation nerfed again? ;)
  • sylesyle Posts: 379
    savage rush atm activates 1 portion of shred armor - the one that lowers the enemy armor but it does not increase your own
  • Frost breath and northern rage both set off shred armor (on the enemy, no armor buff.) Permafrost does not.

Note that I mean any rank of Frost Breath, not just with the level 15 bonus.

In short, I dropped a different skill to max it on my tundra zerker :)
  • debtorprisondebtorprison Posts: 1

Does Shred Armor stack indefinitely or have an internal degen even while attacking?

• VizViz Posts: 25

Do you meant the degrade armor part on enemy? There seems to be no duration to it.