So, how exactly does Forcefield work?

ManaLeekManaLeek Posts: 11
edited October 2012 in Engineer Discussions
Wondering if the damage taken by your shield is modified at all by your resists, or if you are able to proc dodges while the shield is up.

Comments

• ManaLeek wrote:
    Wondering if the damage taken by your shield is modified at all by your resists, or if you are able to proc dodges while the shield is up.

well...

1 - forcefield is just awesome, remember it!
    2 - I never saw FF proc wit dodge, I don't think it will... But maybe I'm wrong
    3 - The shield simple absorb X amount of damage, but actually you have a very good question, about the resists, but i think that the forcefield don't proc with the resists...
  • herionzherionz Posts: 127
    Isendell wrote:
    ManaLeek wrote:

well...

1 - forcefield is just awesome, remember it!
    2 - I never saw FF proc wit dodge, I don't think it will... But maybe I'm wrong
    3 - The shield simple absorb X amount of damage, but actually you have a very good question, about the resists, but i think that the forcefield don't proc with the resists...

1 - Agree

2 - I do have tested this, it does calculates dodge and block before taking the damage (absorb) also reflect does work before FF going into the calculation.

3 - It is modified by resist, thus making %DR and flat armour better options for you since FF is acting as your effective hp pool.
  • I have also verified dodge works. I do not know about reflect. But reflect is also not clear to me as a power. Do you still take the damage when a shot is reflected or not?
  • herionzherionz Posts: 127
    I have also verified dodge works. I do not know about reflect. But reflect is also not clear to me as a power. Do you still take the damage when a shot is reflected or not?

Projectile reflection neglects all damage if you reflect.

But other types of reflection (as in "reflect **** damage when hit") don't know if also reduce that damage that you are reflecting back to enemies. If I find some gear that gives a good amount I'll test it and let you know. Until then best that someone else calls the shoots about this XD.
  • SanWarSanWar Posts: 21
    It's definitely affected by resists. You could get away with a level 1 forcefield if you max bulwark and have +Vit or phys defensive gear.