Announcing Torchlight 2 Rapid Respec

Comments

• First of all I want to say thank you for this great tool, however, I have a question regarding the clone features.
    I tried cloning my level 5 outlander and it's working fine and all, but when I tried to clone my level 57 berserker somehow the game always freezes in the loading screen. Is there a fix for this? Or am I doing something wrong?
    And does cloning your character removes the flag? Because I used the console to respec my character's stat and skill point when I first started playing and back then I didn't really care but now I do lol
  • TerikanTerikan Posts: 140
    what's the point of using 7zip, or a rar, or a gz, or a tar, etc, lol. Why not just use a zip. Is 7zip paying you? If so I think that's cool, but otherwise I just don't get it.
  • SogetsuSogetsu Posts: 462
    Terikan wrote:
    what's the point of using 7zip, or a rar, or a gz, or a tar, etc, lol. Why not just use a zip. Is 7zip paying you? If so I think that's cool, but otherwise I just don't get it.

It promotes the Open Source Software and also Free, that is why maybe. Also you can handle ANY type of compressed file with almost any Compression Program, so what is the point?

I can use WinZip and anyways compress it on .RAR or .7Z

GSFirmaEfectos.jpg
  • glez13glez13 Posts: 3
    Finally what I always wanted. Never understood why Runic wouldn't let us do something similar to this when finishing the game or when starting a NG+. Now I don't have to restart from zero my messed up characters. :)
  • ChthonChthon Posts: 1,855
    RaffendyAD wrote:
    First of all I want to say thank you for this great tool, however, I have a question regarding the clone features.
    I tried cloning my level 5 outlander and it's working fine and all, but when I tried to clone my level 57 berserker somehow the game always freezes in the loading screen. Is there a fix for this? Or am I doing something wrong?
    And does cloning your character removes the flag? Because I used the console to respec my character's stat and skill point when I first started playing and back then I didn't really care but now I do lol

It's a bug. Delete the clone and TL2 will work again. The fix will happen when/if I figure out the cause of the bug.

No, cloning does not remove the console flag. Removing the console flag will be a new feature when I have time to find the console flag.
    Falacer wrote:
    Falacer wrote:
    Are the points on the Attributes tab only the ones we have spent or what shows currently (including bonus from armor/weapons)?

Since you are online Chthon am I right to assume these are the points we assigned from gaining new levels? So if my STR show 5 at some point and time I put 5 points into STR?

It's the 40 points you started with, plus points from leveling up. It does not count attribute bonuses from items. If you want to only deal with points earned through leveling, leave "class-based attribute floors" checked at all times.
    Terikan wrote:

Smaller file size, faster downloads, less bandwidth consumed.
    Torchlight 2 Rapid Respec - Putting the "hack" in "hack-n-slash"
    StashNinja - INFINITE Stash for Torchlight 2
    NullMod - Play together in the same multiplayer game with different mods!
  • FalacerFalacer Posts: 59
    Chthon wrote:
    Falacer wrote:
    Falacer wrote:
    Are the points on the Attributes tab only the ones we have spent or what shows currently (including bonus from armor/weapons)?

Since you are online Chthon am I right to assume these are the points we assigned from gaining new levels? So if my STR show 5 at some point and time I put 5 points into STR?

It's the 40 points you started with, plus points from leveling up. It does not count attribute bonuses from items. If you want to only deal with points earned through leveling, leave "class-based attribute floors" checked at all times.

Gotcha, thanks!
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    that clockworks website would be a great place to host the non modding tools like the Sharedstash swapper and hub in a centralized place, but I think some of these might have other websites as well..

otherway, its a great addition to the community!
    Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • I also had a problem with cloning a high level character. I think it is related to cloning NG+ characters. Experienced a crash while trying to load up a clone of my NG+ engineer. His location on the character select screen said ??? instead of the location for the original character. Cloned a few other characters, including a berserker who had finished the game but not yet started NG+. Their locations all matched the originals and they loaded just fine. Then I cloned my NG+ outlander. He had the ??? location on the character select screen and crashed the game when I tried to load him. The first time I tried loading the engineer I had altered his skills (wanted to see what a completely different build would be like without messing up the original). Second time I tried loading the engineer I made a fresh clone without changing anything and it still crashed. Hope any of this helps you chase it down. I can provide files too, if you like.
    trevallion wrote:
    I also had a problem with cloning a high level character. I think it is related to cloning NG+ characters. Experienced a crash while trying to load up a clone of my NG+ engineer. His location on the character select screen said ??? instead of the location for the original character. Cloned a few other characters, including a berserker who had finished the game but not yet started NG+. Their locations all matched the originals and they loaded just fine. Then I cloned my NG+ outlander. He had the ??? location on the character select screen and crashed the game when I tried to load him. The first time I tried loading the engineer I had altered his skills (wanted to see what a completely different build would be like without messing up the original). Second time I tried loading the engineer I made a fresh clone without changing anything and it still crashed. Hope any of this helps you chase it down. I can provide files too, if you like.

Yes, please send me the file from which you produced a bad clone.
    Salan wrote:
    that clockworks website would be a great place to host the non modding tools like the Sharedstash swapper and hub in a centralized place, but I think some of these might have other websites as well..

otherway, its a great addition to the community!

I would be happy to host any TL2-related projects that anyone wants hosted.
  • LLeeLLee Posts: 131
    trevallion wrote:
    I also had a problem with cloning a high level character. I think it is related to cloning NG+ characters...
    Not necessarily. I tried cloning a character that had just beat the game and was not in any NG. The game failed to load with her clone.
  • LLee wrote:
    trevallion wrote:
    I also had a problem with cloning a high level character. I think it is related to cloning NG+ characters...
    Not necessarily. I tried cloning a character that had just beat the game and was not in any NG. The game failed to load with her clone.
    was your characters upgraded from previous patches any character I upgraded had this bug ones created of current patch worked well.
    All the upgraded characters can only have same length name on my end
    Cheaters Never Prosper! :) Our World is riddled with Cheats and Frauds good thing they downloaded Rapid Respec or i would probably keep trying to accept their quest!
    Steam = mikerobinsond
    myhideout6 wrote:
    LLee wrote:
    trevallion wrote:
    was your characters upgraded from previous patches any character I upgraded had this bug ones created of current patch worked well.
    All the upgraded characters can only have same length name on my end
    I concur with your findings. I was able to successfully clone a character which was created in a previous patch (and played/saved in the new patch) only if the clone's name was the same length as the original. I could create clones with names of any length with a character I created just now for testing.
  • So editing characters upgraded from previous patches before the compatibility of the editor Has issues but works with experimenting

Have Fun :)
    Also be careful :)
    Cheaters Never Prosper! :) Our World is riddled with Cheats and Frauds good thing they downloaded Rapid Respec or i would probably keep trying to accept their quest!
    Steam = mikerobinsond
    New feature for the next release:
    img12_X.png
    This is going to drive the d2jsp shills absolutely crazy. :D
  • Holy **** you sir are awesome lol
    Steam = mikerobinsond
    Chthon wrote:
    img12_X.png
    Can not see image! :cry: What is this wonderful feature?
  • Chthon wrote:
    Gaffenberg wrote:
    Carbon wrote:
    For most of the time when I try to change something like a Name or gold amount or anything like that, the program crashes for me

Same here only after i changed name of my engi the program got stuck and crashed. Now when i want to choose my char from the list it says : could not parse file.
    ALSO my char ingame is deleted!! Gone is my rank 57 engi with 21 fame levels :cry:

Btw when i click the name/message: could not parse file in selectionbox i get this: ERROR! Parse error on classstring

SO i guess its just a deadend here

What falacer said. Just go pull the highest numbered backup out of the save\TL2RapidRespec Backups\ directory and you'll be fine.

Also,
    1. Are you using steam?
    2. Please send me a copy of the backup file so I can find the problem.

Problem is already fixed, I never mentioned that I didnt back up my files :D I did tho. It was never meant to be a plea of hopelesness, so sorry for the confusion and thanx for all the constructive feedback.
  • axoaxo Posts: 192
    LLee wrote:
    Chthon wrote:
    img12_X.png
    Can not see image! :cry: What is this wonderful feature?

You can remove the cheater flag status if you have ever used the console :P

Here's another link if you want to see the pic: http://i.imgur.com/X4iah.png
    2249901424.png
  • CarbonCarbon Posts: 83
    I would suggest to make this program similar to Diablo 2's where you can see the ivnentory of your character and spawn the items that you want or atleast chance the stats of your items like the "cheater flag" on your spawned items.
    if you update this can you put the date of the last update on the LINK page, i check back in to see if its been changed at all, and hard to tell sometimes on these projects.

also, do you have any plans to have the ability to level a character to a desired level, waypoint system, NG+ / - access?

I keep thinking of the Titanquest mod/character editor that was so useful for testing/catching up to friends when you've gone through the game enough times, but want to enjoy the time you do get with those who are happy only playing one character. (found it, tqdefiler was the program i am talking about, link for 'functionality check if interested' http://tq.soulseekkor.com/)
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
    Salan wrote:
    if you update this can you put the date of the last update on the LINK page, i check back in to see if its been changed at all, and hard to tell sometimes on these projects.

Yes, I can do that. Also, the program automatically checks for updates unless you turned that off in the options menu.
    also, do you have any plans to have the ability to level a character to a desired level,

No. But starting next version you can just use the console "levelup [X]" command and then remove the console flag.
    waypoint system,

I'd love to, but I have no idea where that info is stored in the save file. Don't expect to see it soon.
    NG+ / - access?

I'm hoping to track this down and implement it this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed.
  • Can you add the option to increase or lower difficulty of your char's single player game? If its possible that is. And do you get labeled as a cheater in multiplayer games for doing it?
    blacksinow wrote:
    Can you add the option to increase or lower difficulty of your char's single player game? If its possible that is. And do you get labeled as a cheater in multiplayer games for doing it?

That's already there. Look on the "cheats" tab. You are NOT labeled as a cheater.
  • roachyroachy Posts: 13
    Very nice app, you seem to have thought of everything Chthon, and all of my suggestions have already been suggested or you've confirmed that you are working on them.

I (presumably) ran into the problem where cloned characters with different length names end up as corrupted saves/freeze the game on load. Then Steam Cloud kept sync'ing the bad save file back to my machine after I removed it. Simply turning off Steam Cloud individually for TL2 solved this. I imagine you could probably turn it back on at some point after loading/playing valid saves, and Steam Cloud might stop sync'ing the bad file, but personally I will just leave sync'ing off, since I only ever play this game on one machine.

One thing, regarding the above post, It might be a little more clear what exactly flags you if some non-flagging actions were not on the "Cheats" tab, or if the Cheats tab was named differently. However, with the coming addition of adding/removing flagged status, it's a bit of a moot point.

Thanks for a great app. I'll definitely donate a beer or two once I'm more comfortable with it.

P.S. +1 to the suggestion of a persistent default save directory setting, if that's not already on your list.

P.P.S. Also I just realized I am having the swapped ****/Softcore issue. My softcore character was listed as ****, i click the swap button, twice, so that it went from **** -> softcore -> ****, just to see what happened. The character ended up as **** in game. I closed the game and loaded the character again, and it was listed as **** (appropriately), but so was my other softcore character. So it seems that the app initially lists every character as **** on load, no matter what core they actually are.
    roachy wrote:
    P.S. +1 to the suggestion of a persistent default save directory setting, if that's not already on your list.

That's already working in the test build on my PC.
    P.P.S. Also I just realized I am having the swapped ****/Softcore issue. My softcore character was listed as ****, i click the swap button, twice, so that it went from **** -> softcore -> ****, just to see what happened. The character ended up as **** in game. I closed the game and loaded the character again, and it was listed as **** (appropriately), but so was my other softcore character. So it seems that the app initially lists every character as **** on load, no matter what core they actually are.

I absolutely cannot reproduce this. Please send me a save file that does it.

EDIT: I just figured out what it was. **** and NG+ are stored in adjacent bytes, rather than each being a short or int. So it was reading the core wrong on NG+ characters. Next version will fix this AND let you change NG+ cycle!
  • roachyroachy Posts: 13
    After playing on my new clone for a while I'm getting different, but still incorrect results. Now when I load my original softcore character, it shows as softcore. When I load my clone, which is also softcore, it shows as ****. Sorry, I can't really pin down a pattern yet, but here is an archive of my current save files: http://www.deckbuildangaems.net/temp/76 ... 7559615.7z

TL2: 1.14.5.5
    TL2RR: 0.99

Edit: Ah, just saw your edit. Makes sense, my character/clone is in fact NG+. Well done. Looking forward to the next release, and thanks again. This app has fixed nearly all of my design qualms with the game, and turned what I considered a ruined NG+ character into a champ ;]
    Great development of this awesome tool, and ya I haven't actually USED it yet, or loaded it beyond the initial look over for the ng + / -. that is def what im waiting for ;)

mm gotta find a list of what quests we have to console complete to jump through to the mapworks so friends can play end game while going through
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • DasaniDasani Posts: 8
    Safe to say that using the gold cheat labels you a cheater?
  • wootieswooties Posts: 36
    Dasani wrote:
    Safe to say that using the gold cheat labels you a cheater?

Nope it doesnt