[MOD]Unleash The Rainbow

SluggingtonSluggington Posts: 23
edited July 2016 in Mod Showcase
Mod: Unleash The Rainbow
Version: 1.01
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bmq5me57xva55nq

This mod adds a large number of hair colors to choose from when creating new characters. Pinks, greens, blues, purples, so on and so forth in shades both light and dark. Each of the new colors comes in a red, green and blue headband variety as well. Additionally, all the male/female hairstyles have been unlocked for their respective genders. An embermage with a headband, sure. Goggles on an outlander, why not? A berserker with a monocle... uh... we're not here to judge, I guess. Unfortunately, a new character is required to get to choose from all the purty new hair colors.

To install, simply copy the PAK/MAN files to your TL2's PAK directory. Please enjoy, feedback appreciated.

v1.01 - Edited the modified date of the mod to 10/19/2013. NOTE: This does not guarantee future compatibility with TL2 patches, but the mod should continue to function when they come out.

Compatibility: This mod modifies the following files and will be incompatible with other mods that modify the same files.
MEDIA/WARDROBE/WARDROBESETS.DAT
MEDIA/UNITS/PLAYERS/ARBITER/HUM_F.DAT
MEDIA/UNITS/PLAYERS/ARBITER/HUM_M.DAT
MEDIA/UNITS/PLAYERS/BERSERKER/HUM_F.DAT
MEDIA/UNITS/PLAYERS/BERSERKER/HUM_M.DAT
MEDIA/UNITS/PLAYERS/ENGINEER/HUM_F.DAT
MEDIA/UNITS/PLAYERS/ENGINEER/HUM_M.DAT
MEDIA/UNITS/PLAYERS/WANDERER/HUM_F.DAT
MEDIA/UNITS/PLAYERS/WANDERER/HUM_M.DAT

Comments

• Mod: Unleash The Rainbow
    Version: 1.00
    Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qgim0lahvbn7egb

This mod adds a large number of hair colors to choose from when creating new characters. Pinks, greens, blues, purples, so on and so forth in shades both light and dark. Each of the new colors comes in a red, green and blue headband variety as well. Additionally, all the male/female hairstyles have been unlocked for their respective genders. An embermage with a headband, sure. Goggles on an outlander, why not? A berserker with a monocle... uh... we're not here to judge, I guess. Unfortunately, a new character is required to get to choose from all the purty new hair colors.

To install, simply copy the PAK/MAN files to your TL2's PAK directory. Please enjoy, feedback appreciated.

Compatibility: This mod modifies the following files and will be incompatible with other mods that modify the same files.
    MEDIA/WARDROBE/WARDROBESETS.DAT
    MEDIA/UNITS/PLAYERS/ARBITER/HUM_F.DAT
    MEDIA/UNITS/PLAYERS/ARBITER/HUM_M.DAT
    MEDIA/UNITS/PLAYERS/BERSERKER/HUM_F.DAT
    MEDIA/UNITS/PLAYERS/BERSERKER/HUM_M.DAT
    MEDIA/UNITS/PLAYERS/ENGINEER/HUM_F.DAT
    MEDIA/UNITS/PLAYERS/ENGINEER/HUM_M.DAT
    MEDIA/UNITS/PLAYERS/WANDERER/HUM_F.DAT
    MEDIA/UNITS/PLAYERS/WANDERER/HUM_M.DAT

Since I have something similar, surely it's possible to change existing features? Can't you simply change the values of their characters current features to the new value?
    modderlogo.png
  • JoeShmoJoeShmo Posts: 70
    Since I have something similar, surely it's possible to change existing features? Can't you simply change the values of their characters current features to the new value?

I havent used it yet, but im curious if http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=43248 would work well (or could be updated to work well) in that regard, considering it has a user friendly interface for editing your characters aesthetics.
  • I havent used it yet, but im curious if http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=43248 would work well (or could be updated to work well) in that regard, considering it has a user friendly interface for editing your characters aesthetics.

I'd have to take a better look at the editor, but I think this idea has definite merit. I'll see what I can find out.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭
    Might want to post some pics and/or video of this so folks can see it in action.
    ItfooQF.png
  • 1st1st Posts: 61
    And this will be visible in Multiplayer games too?
    Even if the other party or the host of the game does not have the PAK file?
    kop_sig_by_liverpool11-d2xz0ea.png
    You'll never walk alone
  • ShizanShizan Posts: 24
    This is lovely, only sad that all my chars are created already. Oh well maybe a further update.
  • SweeterSweeter Posts: 326
    Great mod!

Just a pity that it cannot be used on existing characters and conflicts with mods that can.

For the good of mankind they need to be combined!
  • NythainNythain Posts: 527
    Zidders wrote:
    Might want to post some pics and/or video of this so folks can see it in action.
    I second this suggestion. A video going through the new colors would be win.
    My TL2 Mods:
    No More Scrolls - viewtopic.php?f=48&t=43701
    Change Enchanters - viewtopic.php?f=48&t=43659
  • I uploaded a video preview. There are a lot of colors in there. It really is a rainbow. :P

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssb4_uoNXxc
    1st wrote:
    And this will be visible in Multiplayer games too?
    Even if the other party or the host of the game does not have the PAK file?

Shameless bump.
    You'll never walk alone
    Vortigon wrote:
    I uploaded a video preview. There are a lot of colors in there. It really is a rainbow. :P

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssb4_uoNXxc
    Holy cow! Must have!
    My TL2 Mods:
  • VortakaVortaka Posts: 216
    The only thing that needs to be added now is all the faces for all the characters!!!
    Changing it is not that hard... Adding to the list, that, I don't know how!

Happy modding!
  • JoeShmoJoeShmo Posts: 70
    200+ hair color choices?!?! Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuum.

Question: How long did it take to implement all of those? People have been wondering how long it was going to take to make a armor dye system, based on all the new color textures you would have to make for each armor model.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭
    Ok, awesome mod buuuuut next time you make a Torchlight II vid, i'm sure the folks from Runic as well as the folks who wrote/performed the song would be happier if you used Torchlight II music rather than someone elses music without permission. Sorry, just want to help keep your video from getting pulled because this is a really fantastic mod.

Also, maybe you folks could look up 'Rapid Respec' and talk to Cthon about getting him to make it so that you can change your characters hair color via his RR program? Maybe the two programs could be made to work together?
    ItfooQF.png
  • crazynesscrazyness Posts: 239
    edited October 2012
    When I saw the title...

I thought this was going to be some sort of Skittles mod... LOL

BTW:
    Question: What do the ppls on Multiplayer sees you as? (I should ask this too for the multiple hairs)

Do they see you as Default? (or Bald?)

Because like some "Skin replacements" (ie: pets), other players see it by default graphic and not the changed graphic.
    crazyness wrote:
    When I saw the title...

I thought this was going to be some sort of Skittles mod... LOL
    PBolt firing tasty multicolored sugar treats!
    My TL2 Mods:
  • VortigonVortigon Posts: 42
    edited October 2012
    Zidders wrote:
    Ok, awesome mod buuuuut next time you make a Torchlight II vid, i'm sure the folks from Runic as well as the folks who wrote/performed the song would be happier if you used Torchlight II music rather than someone elses music without permission.
    -- removed by moderator --
  • AeydonAeydon Posts: 570
    Vortigon wrote:
    Zidders wrote:
    Ok, awesome mod buuuuut next time you make a Torchlight II vid, i'm sure the folks from Runic as well as the folks who wrote/performed the song would be happier if you used Torchlight II music rather than someone elses music without permission.
    -image-

inb4 image pulled. Thanks for the vid. Also, you have a pretty snazzy avatar. :P

Also Zidders, Vortigon uploaded the video demonstrating all the colours after yourself and another user requested screens/video of the mod and you have gall
    to tell them off for their choice of music placement and what you think they should have put in the video? Get over yourself. If Vortigon gets flagged,
    then that is their problem but seeing as its unlisted and just a small random vid its highly unlikely.
  • Thanks for the video upload Vortigon, taking care of the stuff I'm too lazy to do. Anyway, on to the big question about the multiplayer...

Multiplayer
    I'm fairly certain that other players will not be seeing the beautiful head of hair that you're seeing. Firstly, they won't have the textures with the new tints in them. Most likely, they'll see a big, white, textureless mesh on your head. Unless there's some way to implement sharing of mod resources without having the mod itself, that's probably a limitation that will not be overcome. I'd have to test further, but it's also possible that if you choose a hairstyle that is not normally available to your class, it will not appear correctly as well. While these aren't new resources and each client has them, I discovered that moving hairstyle nodes around in the DAT file changed a character's hair. In short, the character seems to save an index that references back to the DAT file, as opposed to simply saving the hairstyle itself. Non-modded DAT files will have no indices for hairstyles not originally given to them. Straight to the point, expect a non-mod player to have visual issues of some sort when using the mod. I'll see if I can get my buddy to test it out for me and tell me exactly what he's seeing.
    Thanks for the video upload Vortigon, taking care of the stuff I'm too lazy to do. Anyway, on to the big question about the multiplayer...

Multiplayer
    I'm fairly certain that other players will not be seeing the beautiful head of hair that you're seeing. Firstly, they won't have the textures with the new tints in them. Most likely, they'll see a big, white, textureless mesh on your head. Unless there's some way to implement sharing of mod resources without having the mod itself, that's probably a limitation that will not be overcome. I'd have to test further, but it's also possible that if you choose a hairstyle that is not normally available to your class, it will not appear correctly as well. While these aren't new resources and each client has them, I discovered that moving hairstyle nodes around in the DAT file changed a character's hair. In short, the character seems to save an index that references back to the DAT file, as opposed to simply saving the hairstyle itself. Non-modded DAT files will have no indices for hairstyles not originally given to them. Straight to the point, expect a non-mod player to have visual issues of some sort when using the mod. I'll see if I can get my buddy to test it out for me and tell me exactly what he's seeing.

Thanks for the explanation.
    Looking forward to the results of your experiments ;D
    You'll never walk alone
  • can you put an updated version of this MOD plz, another patch just came out and this mod won't work anymore
    hungvodo wrote:
    can you put an updated version of this MOD plz, another patch just came out and this mod won't work anymore
    Use this link http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=43344&p=390689&hilit=newfiletime#p390689 it's a guide... Follow it, redate DATA.PAK and DATA.PAK.NAM and ALL your mods will work again UNLESS some of your mods are conflicting with each other...

Happy modding!
    Actually...

Changing your DATA.PAK modify dates... have 25% chance of corrupting the files (when it gets a new patch)

You should change the MODs modify dates instead.

If you search the forum, there are evidence of ppls getting screwy from changing DATA.PAK's dates.
    What the **** are you talking about???
    I've redate it for about 10 times already, without any problem what so ever!
    And why the **** just redating a file even SHOULD corrupt???
    Of course, if your using something like notepad to open the file and resave it, that's nearly sure it corrupts! DUH!
    Use the little software NewFileTime is a good idea!
    Don't ask me.

I am just posting what I saw ppls talked about in other thread, LOL. (and there was multiple posts from different users - unless all of them are from 1 user... but I donno)

So... it's much safer to just change the MOD's date instead of actually risking (even if it never happens) changing DATA's date.
    Naw... It's not safer or riskier... It's just longer... (Call me lazy of you want :) ).
    See, with the little software mentioned earlier, you just have to select two files, DATA.PAK & DATA.PAK.NAM, and redate them (redate them to last year to be sure every mod is newer!). You see, file dates aren't really an important part of a file... It's like an addon that you can change at will (without changing any of the coding of the file). It's not like resaving the file or decoding/recoding the file (THAT can corrupt it). And, for the record, it's what computer games mod use to class the mods, newest wins...
    I am actually using this "Attribute Changer" that someone posted in this forum.

It allows you change any files Attribute you want.

All you need to do is Select the files you want to change, such as "Ctrl-Select" or "Shift-click" or high-light the files.
    Right-Click like you normally would to see selection of options.
    Than click on Change Attribute.
    Change the Modify Date, click Apply.
    Done, all files Date is now changed at same time.
    (not to mention you can date all of them to 2~5+ years, so they will always work even if there's a new patch or new modify date on DATA)
    (Because DATA's modify Date usually changes when a new patch is updated)

You don't need to change them one by one at all...

It doesn't really matter if it's only 2 files to change, it's the same thing even if it's 500 files to change (same amount of time spend to change Attribute)
    For that, you are right! Actually, DATA.PAK/NAM WILL change (that's for sure). But with every mod I do change/test/tweak, instead of changing their date each and every time I repack them, I just drag and drop the DATA files in NewFileTime after each update and remove a year in the date and click set date...

So, technically, it's about the same thing, but done differently! :)
    crazyness wrote:
    It doesn't really matter if it's only 2 files to change, it's the same thing even if it's 500 files to change (same amount of time spend to change Attribute)
    Technically fewer clicks to ctrl+click 2 files than to shift+click from beginning down to data, then ctrl+shift+click after the data down to the last mod. Or shift+clicking all then ctrl+clicking the two data files... either way, still more effort than just changing the two data files, if you want to be that peculiar. Also, dating isn't the only way mods can break from a patch, since most of the files changed with a game update are inside the data pak, any major changes to a file a mod uses could break the mod so just relying on dated mod files way in the future isn't an end all be all, but that's a whole different issue.

In a perfect scenario, the modders would date their files into the future before releasing so users wouldn't have to worry about it, and the authors would check their mod against all changes in a patch/update to confirm that their mod is still functional... but the world is far from perfect.
    My TL2 Mods:
    Nythain wrote:
    Technically fewer clicks to ctrl+click 2 files than to shift+click from beginning down to data, then ctrl+shift+click after the data down to the last mod. Or shift+clicking all then ctrl+clicking the two data files...

I donno, I have my folder set as sort by Date Modified...
    So this means the only files that will need to be selected is either on the Top or Bottom of DATA...
    So I only really need 1 Shift+click to select all the files that needs a date change.
    Because.. the files that doesn't need to change will already be sorted (so they don't even need to be selected)

And it's not like there's a bizillion of Mod files that's out currently...
    I only have like up to 3 Mod files in my PAKS folder... (I don't do Sharestash nor Skill change files - since they can at times mess you up... LOL (perma skill lost bugs))