Patch 1.14.x.5 (now live)

travisbaldreetravisbaldree Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in TL2 General Discussions
Patch 14 has now gone live!

Here are the patch notes-

GRAPHICS
*Intel HD graphics cards should not show ghosting/smearing effects if shadows are enabled

PERFORMANCE
*LARGE performance optimization to buff/debuff bar displays when there are a large number of overlapping, nonexclusive effects (damage over time, and duration based effects or knockback )

SKILLS
*Shield Bash bonus damage now deals the stated amount(charged and uncharged)
*Wolfpack will properly strike turrets
*Bonuses due to proximity now always expire properly
*Damage bonuses/reductions for Battle Rage properly expire
*Fixed Critical Hit bonuses on some effects not properly incorporating bonuses to crit
*Pet damage bonuses are applied to effects

LEVELS
*Three Sisters zone now has an appropriate level range for proper NG+ reward scaling
*Various issues resolved in Luminous Arena in multiplayer
*Level determinism fixed (Was broken with precacheing in previous patch - could result in triggerable elements and some structural elements re-randomizing on load, or in multiplayer)

ITEMS
*Set reward for Inquisitor set altered to a functional bonus
*Fixes to the summon skull proc on equipment (prevents it from spawning exactly on a target)
*Effects based on proximate monsters now work properly with socketables
*DOTs were not properly attributing experience if the effect was applied from an item instead of a skill

MISC
*Target Dummy is Charm resistant
*Fixed issue where rebinding Close All Menus could lock you in pause mode
*Fix for shift-click casting a left-click spell and then selecting an item (would previously auto-attack)
*Pet enhancing bonuses work more consistently for pets attached to OTHER pets

Comments

• And language patches???
  • XeneonicXeneonic Posts: 231
    Awesome to see you being able to fix things and roll things out so fast guys. If I manage to find anything else, I'll be sure to let you know :)

P.S. If that ticket is still open, you can close it since it's resolved in 1.14.
  • HighborneHighborne Posts: 102
    Any fix for Pet and Minion % Damage effects affecting the Gun Bot and Immobilization Bot?

Also, any fix for Spider Mines and other summons to attack quest objectives and spawning NPCS (rat nests, etc.)?

Finally, any fixes for summons to build charge on the Engineer?
  • YabizarYabizar Posts: 141
    o well better luck next time. eventually ill be able to play this game online without major issues....still no fix for the loading screen freeze/steam disconnection, and 1-2min long loading screens if it even works! for me this is a HUGE gamebreaker. have not played this game in a week bcuz online plainly blows very badly. not happy lol
  • danibuudanibuu Posts: 18
    GUTS, Y U NO GET RELEASED
  • this patch looks promising. :ugeek:
  • joesblgjoesblg Posts: 258
    Can we get the option to go back to NG+ if we are in NG++? or further?
    Eye mane is pokey because I get poked im ****...
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    danibuu wrote:
    GUTS, Y U NO GET RELEASED

Dude, they need the client to be as stable as possible, all localizations finished and free stuff sent out and then documentation. Don't look for the editor before the end of the year, if not early next year, and if it comes out earlier you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Besides, have you seen the mod showcase? There's a crapload of stuff you can do right now without the tools. There are .dat extractors. packers, etc tons of community-made tools you can use to mod stuff in. Don't expect the tools to do the work for you, because they're still pretty complicated. Instead of waiting around for the editor, get to work on some mods.
    ItfooQF.png
  • travisbaldreetravisbaldree Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭✭
    I should point out that various networking and loading problems in multiplayer MAY be resolved by the determinism fix, and sync problems in many cases will DEFINITELY be fixed since, you know, everyone in the game will think the level/triggers look the same.
  • AldarisAldaris Posts: 46
    Set reward for Inquisitor set altered to a functional bonus

What exactly does that mean?
  • I thank you in advance, Travis and gang! <3
  • 1st1st Posts: 61
    Cheers for the hard work!
    kop_sig_by_liverpool11-d2xz0ea.png
    You'll never walk alone
  • seth59seth59 Posts: 32
    *Set reward for Inquisitor set altered to a functional bonus

oh my! I glad you heard about the bug viewtopic.php?f=54&t=42839&p=387718 !

however, I kinda worried when you meant "altered". there aren't a lot of equipment capable to give immobilization debuff for every classes, I really wish this doesn't change the debuff.... hope it weren't 25% to cast acid rain or something =(
  • nugarnugar Posts: 85
    What about all the other weird things that came about with the last patch, like, Pagodas showing as boards and vice versa, the disappearing NPC's after you enter a dungeon only to exit and find they've gone awol, and not to forget the already looted messages on some things and not others. Hope these are fixed with this new patch.
  • AquielAquiel Posts: 13
    Can some one explain to me what this meas: *Shield Bash bonus damage now deals the stated amount(charged and uncharged)?
  • RedvexRedvex Posts: 966
    What's with the fix regarding crits ?
  • I know there are likely a number of other issues on your plate, but please
    1) Make the hide items button actually work (like it did in D2). Items should not show just because I hover of them. It gets melee killed in irritable ways. Also when you use the hide normal type items, they still show up when hovering, often causing it to flutter while trying to grab magic items, etc...i.e. it's actually less painful to sift through the items while having everything show up while holding alt.

2) Make an option to hide menu buttons on the right or left of the screen.
  • SogetsuSogetsu Posts: 462

I know this is a stupid question, but I prefer to be stupid than wonder all time...

Does that fix mean that now the Summon of my Pet will properly obtain the bonuses of my Equip/Spells? I.E. do the Skeletons summoned by my Pet will obtain the "+25% minion damage" bonus from my Shield?

GSFirmaEfectos.jpg
  • ifuliful Posts: 64
    It would be really cool if you guys added a a chance to directly bind skills to function keys.
  • KsajalKsajal Posts: 76
    Aquiel wrote:
    Can some one explain to me what this meas: *Shield Bash bonus damage now deals the stated amount(charged and uncharged)?
    Shield Bash wasn't getting the 10% bonus damage per charge. That's about the charged part, I don't know what they mean by uncharged.
    Empyrean wrote:
    Do you think I'm some sort of literary forensic scientist? If not, why are you showing me the scene of this crime against the English language and expecting me to piece together what took place?
  • TerikanTerikan Posts: 140
    Can you give us a little more freedom for using skills on the LMB?
  • TelalTelal Posts: 302
    nothing to fix multiplayer desync or lan crashes. :/
  • Telal wrote:
    nothing to fix multiplayer desync or lan crashes. :/

i think you forgot to read
    **I'M IMPORTANT**
    Without this giant red signature, you might not have known.
  • Ember mage lightning tree is still abbysmal...
  • ArlianArlian Posts: 2,865
    I dunno, I'm having loads of fun with it. ^_^.
    Making a to-do list is on my to-do list.
  • Nice patch ^^, could the "determinism fix" fix also the bugged "One man trash" quest? (the quest giver disappear when you return to give the quest).
    This is my cannon. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. Without me, my cannon is useless. Without my cannon, I am useless. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace.
    That's probably what it's targeting ^_^.
  • Anticipating this patch!
  • emberember Posts: 259
    Sogetsu wrote:

I know this is a stupid question, but I prefer to be stupid than wonder all time...

Does that fix mean that now the Summon of my Pet will properly obtain the bonuses of my Equip/Spells? I.E. do the Skeletons summoned by my Pet will obtain the "+25% minion damage" bonus from my Shield?

I think it does.

This will help my cannon summoner since my pet is tasked with summoning skeletons, zombies, imps and archers.
    ember wrote:
    This will help my cannon summoner since my pet is tasked with summoning skeletons, zombies, imps and archers.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: You dirty little ****! :lol: :lol: :lol: ^_^ I love doing that, I think it's a running norm anymore.
This discussion has been closed.