Farming Eyes for pet dmg, Am I doing something wrong?

SuffurSuffur Posts: 12
edited October 2013 in Engineer Discussions
I am farming Kidrik for a few gems to help with items. I got 1 gem over the course of about 4hrs of farming. I am farming him in the first game(no NG+) and am only level 30. Am I doing something wrong or just getting unlucky? Didnt think the drop rate would be this low?

Also, I could try to give myself a few of them via console, but then wouldnt I be labeled a cheater? I dont want to be a cheater but 4hrs for 1 eye is ridiculous.

Comments

• Suffur wrote:
    I am farming Kidrik for a few gems to help with items. I got 1 gem over the course of about 4hrs of farming. I am farming him in the first game(no NG+) and am only level 30. Am I doing something wrong or just getting unlucky? Didnt think the drop rate would be this low?

Also, I could try to give myself a few of them via console, but then wouldnt I be labeled a cheater? I dont want to be a cheater but 4hrs for 1 eye is ridiculous.

I don't know enough about the farming or the gem... but why don't you just level up and see what you get? I tend to find a lot of random pet damage gems, and end up combining gems to forms these, get enchants, etc. I wouldn't think you would need or want to console that.
  • Yeah, just keep playing. You'll find a few gems along the way, but random +minion dmg items from the vendor are what I relied on. I only play on veteran, but my lv. 73 summoner has not farmed anything (barring Notch's Mine for an Iron Sword.. hands-down the best summoner weapon I've seen so far), and has had absolutely no problems killing anything (only non-Engy summon is Summon Zombies). In NG+, I've been consistently 5-10 levels below the recommended level, and as long as I don't do anything stupid like rush into a crowd of mobs, I do just fine.

If only there were a few armor sets that boosted pet/minion damage... I know the summoner build is very strong with the few gems and ragtag blue minion-buffing gear, but I want to look cool whilst mob stomping. :D

That said, if you happen to have 5 or 6 +minion damage gems, you'll just faceroll everything. I don't have the patience or free time to farm, but to each their own.
  • I had much higher chance to find some eyes of Jutham Kasam, [LINK DELETED], later in act 2 (faceless). I think that The Eye of Kidrik has the worst drop rate among all socketables.
  • senimol wrote:
    I had much higher chance to find some eyes of Jutham Kasam, [LINK DELETED], later in act 2 (faceless). I think that The Eye of Kidrik has the worst drop rate among all socketables.

How are you farming Jutham? How do you get him to reset? Do you need to keep the quest open?
  • Also, I have one of these [LINK DELETED], but I can't remember where I got it. Is it a random chest?
  • How are you farming Jutham? How do you get him to reset? Do you need to keep the quest open?

You do not need to keep the quest open to farm him.

To get him to reset, you have two options:

1) Re-roll the world via making a LAN/Online game and ticking the related box
    2) After clearing his small dungeon, visiting any other two dungeons (entering then immediately leaving counts) will reset his as the game only caches two instances of a given map type at a time

The second method will have slightly slower individual runs in most cases, however it has one advantage that can potentially be far more valuable: it retains all of the current individual wandering enchanters and rare dungeon spawns attached to a given outdoor instance. This can be huge if you have Boris and/or Jurick in a known location, since you can reset that area to bring them back whenever needed.

Re-rolling will reset all the maps at once (exc. Mapworks, which is handled differently), which speeds up the runs, but you will almost certainly lose any rare enchanters and/or dungeons you have on the current map-set and some of them are a real pain to get back again (Notch's Mine, for example, has a rather low spawn rate).
  • SuffurSuffur Posts: 12
    senimol wrote:
    I had much higher chance to find some eyes of Jutham Kasam, [LINK DELETED], later in act 2 (faceless). I think that The Eye of Kidrik has the worst drop rate among all socketables.

Exactly what waypoint is this at? I will try farming a few of them later.
    Thanks! I'll try it a few times later. Eye of Kidrik was ridiculous.
    This might be a dumb question but I was reading another topic(possibly a bug) and it was saying Eye of Jutham was dropping off the last boss in act 2 instead of jutham himself. Am I to be farming Jutham or that last boss. Enchanters were also brought up because Jutham is only in a small 1 room area that im not even sure if enchanters can spawn there.

Edit: Aaant nvm, it took 8 runs but he dropped his first gem. Found out its right outside the city so very easy to get to compared to kidrik. Thanks a ton.
  • The Faceless King has already dropped the Eye of Jutham Kasam for me. Don't know if he can be farmed, though.
  • Also, I have one of these [LINK DELETED], but I can't remember where I got it. Is it a random chest?

probably three sisters.
  • The Faceless King has already dropped the Eye of Jutham Kasam for me. Don't know if he can be farmed, though.

If he's like any other boss in the game he can readily be farmed, although you'll want to drop a portal just outside the entrance to the 'boss room' to speed things up. Note that if you do so you'll want to use the 'visit two other similar dungeons' method, as re-rolling the world will kill the portal. You do not necessarily need to enter those dungeons' 'boss rooms', however you may want to anyway if they drop something you're looking for. For example: Manticore--->Jutham Kasam--->Faceless King is a decent farm run, as the first gives lot of cash and all three can potentially drop the Eye you're looking for.

Kasam himself has the best odds, as he's the owner thereof, as is the case for any given personal Eye (which is why Kidrik himself is usually the one farmed for that Eye).
  • Gmasters wrote:
    How are you farming Jutham? How do you get him to reset? Do you need to keep the quest open?

You do not need to keep the quest open to farm him.

To get him to reset, you have two options:

1) Re-roll the world via making a LAN/Online game and ticking the related box
    2) After clearing his small dungeon, visiting any other two dungeons (entering then immediately leaving counts) will reset his as the game only caches two instances of a given map type at a time

Sorry to bump an old post, but I wanted to know if option two is still valid. I'm trying to farm Jutham but she is not resetting after I visited (entered and exited) two mapworks dungeons. I really need the +minion damage gems because obviously nothing else is going to increase my damage output considering the nature of the build. None of the uniques are geared towards +minion dmg so this is the only way for us Sumineers to upgrade unfortunately.
  • Sorry to bump an old post, but I wanted to know if option two is still valid. I'm trying to farm Jutham but she is not resetting after I visited (entered and exited) two mapworks dungeons.
    Time spent in the Mapworks doesn't appear to count toward dungeon or world respawns, though it does reset merchants. You'll need to run something else.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • You can do Tower of the Moon>Manticore>Tarroch's Rift>Tower of the Moon in act two or Shadowy Crevasse and Netherrealm depending on which three are close to each other in your particular map once you've cleared the mobs outside/near those dungeons. If you go back to Act I and then back to Act II the whole map repawns and you'll have to fight mobs outside the dungeons.
    fire_mage_by_sedeptra-d49r7an.jpgThe World can be a magical place if you have the right perspective.
  • Thanks for clearing that up guys! I'll do that instead :mrgreen:

UPDATE: Farmed 5 eyes in about two hours with +41 luck. Demolished Netherlord in like 30 seconds on Elite NG+ just standing there throwing mines. Feel kinda bad now I might have overdone it. Let's see how the next cycle goes...
  • HyaHyaHyaHya Posts: 1
    What exactly I need to do to reroll Tower of the Moon?
    I run Tower of the Moon > Shadowy Crevasse (enter and leave) > Manticore > Netherrealm (enter and leave). Go to Tower of the Moon - it is empty. Run Tarroch's Rift - Tower empty.
  • I've run Jutham Kasam about 25 times with no eye; are you sure it drops off of him?
  • surmisesurmise Posts: 84
    I've run Jutham Kasam about 25 times with no eye; are you sure it drops off of him?

Yes but I have only seen it once after so many play through.