Where to farm or find Argonaut Set?

GinSchifferGinSchiffer Posts: 27
edited November 2015 in TL2 General Discussions
Where can i farm or find Argonaut set?
They seems to be very rare and very hard to come by... Especially at level 22 ~.~
Any help or hint would be very much appreciated, Please :(

Comments

• ElAmberElAmber Posts: 158
    I am pretty sure it is random, so anything that drops a unique (yellow) would have a chance of dropping the Argonaut set. At least I think thats the way it works, also I think it drops when you are the same level as the set you are looking for so once you level past the level of the set you probably would not see it anymore unless you went back to the area your first piece dropped in.
  • Check the gambler as much as you can. There is a very small chance that he sells Argonaut, even if your character has a much higher level.
    If he has an Argonaut item, it will be the cheapest item in his store - when everything costs over 3k gold and there is this one item that costs around 1k, buy it. It will probably be Argonaut. (Or The Skull... Meh.)
    I have bought 3 pieces of Argonaut this way :-)

Transmute uniques with an average equipment lvl of 15-30. Especially transmute set items with that same equipment lvl. Transmuting set items does sometimes result in a unique set item (like Argonaut).
    This is how I got the Argonaut Ring.

Also, when starting Three Sisters, you can choose a unique quest reward. You can refresh these rewards by quitting and resuming your game. Argonaut set items do show up as rewards for this quest. You might have to quit and resume as many as 50 times, but Argonaut will show up eventually. I believe I even saw an Argonaut piece as a reward in NG+.

Once my char got lvl 75+, Argonaut stopped showing up. Can't find it at the gambler, nor as quest reward.
  • Thank you very very very much Curundir!
    At least i have lead now, i been randomly farming like crazy without any clue just gotten the main chest armor.
    Thank you very much! I am gonna try try now.
  • PyrosEienPyrosEien Posts: 269
    Argonaut seems to drop all the way up to NG+, don't think I've gotten one piece higher than that but got one at around lvl 70. Random drops though so it's tough to find them all. I got 3pieces so far from random mob drops and stuff I gambled.
  • SharpeSharpe Posts: 351
    Got shoulders yesterday off Manticore in Luminous Arena, NG+4. That's level 120. So they appear about everywhere, apparently.
    RunicID: Sharpe103
  • It just happened again! :)

I bought two new pieces from the gambler at lvl 100 NG++. Both were less than 2k gold. This is the easiest way I know of to get a hold of them.
  • Just reload until you see the cheapest one eh!?!?!?
  • xylonezxylonez Posts: 1,293
    Sharpe wrote:
    Got shoulders yesterday off Manticore in Luminous Arena, NG+4. That's level 120. So they appear about everywhere, apparently.
    It scales with your NG, so the item level and level requirement will probably be different
    "First player in the world that gets 133 skill points for some unknown reason"
  • xylonez wrote:
    It scales with your NG, so the item level and level requirement will probably be different

Are you talking about the Argonaut set? Because I think that set has a fixed iLvl (22?). The only things I know that scale are some eyes, and some fixed, rare boss rewards. (Winter's mantle, Regent's sash, Grell's command,...)
  • SharpeSharpe Posts: 351
    I'm talking about the level 22 Argonaut set.

It's level 22, I'm level 100, and it dropped off a level 120 Manticore in NG+4.
    RunicID: Sharpe103
  • xylonezxylonez Posts: 1,293
    Is it? Because I'm pretty sure that a fixed drop that can only be gotten from some bosses like eye or some rings scale with your NG.
    "First player in the world that gets 133 skill points for some unknown reason"
  • xylonez wrote:
    Is it? Because I'm pretty sure that a fixed drop that can only be gotten from some bosses like eye or some rings scale with your NG.

Some uniques and set items scale, but the Argonaut set isn't one of them.

I've gotten the amulet from Bloatfang in NG++++ and Trillbot gave me I think the shoulders from his quest.
  • PokeyPokey Posts: 1,031
    Arg set drops throughout the entire game, off anything. There are no restrictions with this set.
    “WITH A FEW SMALL MODIFICATIONS, ANY CANOE CAN TRAVEL THROUGH TIME!!!”

Dirty.gifPensive.gifFlirty.gif
  • I created a new char trying to gamble for it, no good still havent find 1 >.<
    What level is it good to start gambling? Because my char is level 23, most of the items cost are about 1-2k gold only.
    Should i go to higher level to gamble or just maintain n kept gambling?
    The price of Argonaut is around 1k gold for Belt, Helmet n Amulet?
  • haha i already completed this set with every item have 2 sockets of lucky die +6... it take 2 mts. for me to grind all this stuff O.o
  • Not fully 2 months i believed.
    Your total play time on the game was only 30x hours from 2 days ago.
    From calculation that was like 13 full days maybe. You dont even have a 100th level char but your gold exceeds 10 mill and you have almost every set full.
    I dont really know but console works well i think.
  • Curundir wrote:
    It just happened again! :)

I bought two new pieces from the gambler at lvl 100 NG++. Both were less than 2k gold. This is the easiest way I know of to get a hold of them.

I've been looking for this to happen ever since I read this, maybe 40 or 50 gambler inventories. Today it finally did--there was a belt for 1,**** gold. Woohoo! Level 100 NG+++, Mapworks gambler, by the way.
  • great luck tinyboss :D
  • Finally gotten my belt~ from mapworks gambler for 1.7k gold~
    Thanks for the info everyone :D
    Someone was trying to sell me for billions of gold, i was like lol~
  • Gotten the amulet too from the same place!
    Left helmet to go and boots is optional :D
  • Enjoy :)
  • hahaha sure thing thanks! by the way is it possible to gamble for helmet too?
    so far i gotten 5 belts n 1 amulet. cant find the helmet. or any suggestion for getting helmet?
  • No suggestions, other than to keep checking the gambler's helmets. Chances are extremely low but exist nonetheless.

Or maybe use a Vendor Boon Scroll at level 15-25? I haven't tried this because I only have found 2 so far, but it could be the way!

edit: And surely try to transmute those 4 extra belts. Who knows...
  • try your luck with "Boon the set vendor" i got 3 pieces off him last time i played, and i summoned him at mapworks. good luck!
  • gbonesgbones Posts: 60
    Use boon scrolls on lower characters.

Not looking for the set, but have grabbed up a piece or two off relatively low level characters using boon scroll to speed up the particular stat rolls on certain set items.

I also spend way too much time at the lower end of the game gearing characters with stuff only to be replaced in a few hours :P
  • vremadar wrote:
    xylonez wrote:

Some uniques and set items scale, but the Argonaut set isn't one of them.

I've gotten the amulet from Bloatfang in NG++++ and Trillbot gave me I think the shoulders from his quest.

might you have more info on which items DO scale? Because THAT would be handy info
  • Not fully 2 months i believed.
    Your total play time on the game was only 30x hours from 2 days ago.
    From calculation that was like 13 full days maybe. You dont even have a 100th level char but your gold exceeds 10 mill and you have almost every set full.
    I dont really know but console works well i think.

funny thing that i believe here there is no ECONOMY.. but no need to believe me you can check it out how i use reddit trade and d2jsp trading only to complete this set and also my gold... yep true i already done with all high level set, gold with 10m more, complete set of tomes vi, high level sockets and legendaries .. but didn't use consoles or mods... i'm afraid to be flag :-)
  • Gotten the amulet too from the same place!
    Left helmet to go and boots is optional :D

how much is the amulet?
  • is there really a amulet?i can use 2 rings
  • yeah so far i bought 1 ring, 1 amulet and about 5 belts from the Gamblers.
    Any gamblers will do in mapworks or any act. their price is just around 1k+ gold. below 2k.
    i got my chest from act 1 farming. the only last item i was looking for is helmet.
    still havent got it :(