[MOD] Larger Shared Stash v2.1: Less Ugly, Attempt 2

SethkipsSethkips Posts: 12
edited January 2013 in Mod Showcase
Expands all three sections of the shared stash from the default 40 slots to 80 slots.

Currently it should be completely functional. If there is a good amount of interest I will continue to develop it and eventually make it less of a quickly thrown together ghetto mod and turn it into something nicer.

Please report any bugs you find, and feel free to offer up any suggestions you have.
I am aware that this makes some things other than the shared stash look strange, I think I many have a potential work-around for this if I do end up continuing development of the mod.

Anyone that wishes to use this in any modpack/compilation mod can do so without contacting me as long as credit is given.

NOTE: WHEN YOU REMOVE THE MOD, ALL ITEMS IN THE SLOTS THAT CEASE TO EXIST ARE ERASED AS FAR AS I KNOW. REMOVE ITEMS FROM THE SLOTS BEFORE REMOVING THE MOD.

Download Mirrors:
Dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/s/r98x63giduijn ... %202.1.zip (Tell me if there are any issues with this one.)

Changelog:
v2.1:
    Tried to make it less ugly again.

v2.0:
    Tried to make it less ugly.

v1.1:
    Changed modified date so future patches shouldn't break the mod.

v1:
    Initial release. Looks like poo. Works?

The following are modified (use for compatability checking):
/MEDIA/INVENTORY/CONTAINERS/SHARED_STASH_BAG_ARMS.DAT
/MEDIA/INVENTORY/CONTAINERS/SHARED_STASH_BAG_CONSUMABLES.DAT
/MEDIA/INVENTORY/CONTAINERS/SHARED_STASH_BAG_SPELLS.DAT
/MEDIA/UI/HUD/INGAMETEXTURESHEETS2.DSS
/MEDIA/UI/MENUS/INGAMEMENUS/SHARED_STASH.LAYOUT

eR5Nx.png

Comments

• And here I was wondering for a time why no one makes a mod that adds more storage even though they have the method to add another bag (referring to the Gem bag). Ok, very nice mod, I just have one question: "It will erase items when the mod is removed, right ?" That also applies to the mod being out of date if a ninja patch comes 8-) , so if you have not updated the .PAK and .PAK.MAN files to a date far into the future, I suggest you do that and re-upload the mod. Even if many of the modders here know how to do that, visiting guests wont, and it will **** big time for them. That's all.
    Jackalhead wrote:
    Modding is not equal to cheating. You don't 'mod' on your wife, do you?
    [Skill MOD] The World (merge 4 classes' skills into 1)
  • clay65clay65 Posts: 34
    Well, dude, I've never had any problem in d/ling something from any other Host, but i have to say that i've not been able to d/l any of the 3 (1.0, 1.1, 2.0) different version that you uploaded till now,
    I'm always receiving, after the 20 seconds countdown, the message : "Sorry, the file link that you requested is not valid." ... are you updating it again and it's deleted again ?

Thx
    Clay
  • Same here. The download is not available. Pls reupload.
  • ZikelZikel Posts: 21
    Thanks for the mod, that green background is still ugly but the mod works just fine.

I really needed a mod like that, what I really want is a mod that lets you have many more tabs in the shared stash, be able to rename them and even maybe have access to each of your characters private stash from a separate tab in the shared stash. I guess this is not possible without the modding tools.
  • FOEFOE Posts: 223
    Hello!

Very interested, but please use another hoster!!!

Why not "Runic Games Fansite"?! (or http://www.file-upload.net or any one else ...)
    Servus, Erwin
    --
    Intel DP35DP, Intel QuadCore Q6600, 4096 MB DDR2, GeForce GTX260/216, FujSie L22W-8, Win7 Pro x64
    --
    » My Torchlight 1 Char's @ German Fansite Torchlight Source
  • Zikel wrote:
    Thanks for the mod, that green background is still ugly but the mod works just fine.

I really needed a mod like that, what I really want is a mod that lets you have many more tabs in the shared stash, be able to rename them and even maybe have access to each of your characters private stash from a separate tab in the shared stash. I guess this is not possible without the modding tools.

I'll look into making more tabs. I'm not entirely sure what's possible, I just started modding.
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    FOE wrote:
    Hello!

Very interested, but please use another hoster!!!

Why not "Runic Games Fansite"?! (or http://www.file-upload.net or any one else ...)

runic games fansite is so difficult to use compared to almost any other mod hosting site, its so annoying!

mediafire and dropbox work great, simple and easy!
    Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
    Sethkips wrote:
    Zikel wrote:

I'll look into making more tabs. I'm not entirely sure what's possible, I just started modding.

tabs should be completely do-able, someone made a gem bag mod, but the problem with that is it erases everything becuase it changes all the file settings for item classes or whatever.. adding more shared stash windows would be awesome as it potentially shouldn't change any item classes
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • interesting mod it makes the normal stash look weird says there is another row but you cant use them.
    hope you make further progress.
    Cheaters Never Prosper! :) Our World is riddled with Cheats and Frauds good thing they downloaded Rapid Respec or i would probably keep trying to accept their quest!
    Steam = mikerobinsond
  • mouratomourato Posts: 103
    the changelog is pretty cool
  • Update on the multiple pages, I've got buttons and a menu rigged up fine, but I'm still looking into/working on a way to get the new menu to properly hold items.
  • Idea for expanding things further:

Create tabs that resemble some of the merchant tabs, with a separate weapon, armor, and misc. tab in addition to the consumables and spells tab. Not that I think it'd necessarily be easy, but it seems efficient, and would effect across inventory, pet, stash, and shared stash.
    have you checked the gem bag mod? he managed to add new windows in, might be able to reverse engineer that without using his item changes so that its not a gem bag in this case.
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • Salan wrote:
    have you checked the gem bag mod? he managed to add new windows in, might be able to reverse engineer that without using his item changes so that its not a gem bag in this case.

Gem bag didn't add a gem tab to the shared stash due to what the creator thought were hard coded limitations, and from what I'm seeing I have to agree.

I have an idea for a workaround to add multiple "pages" without actually making any new tabs, but since no one has done anything similar that I've seen, I'm having to figure out what tons of variables do on my own, and am making progress very slowly.
  • Excellent mod! Is it possible to apply this mod to the personal stash as well?
  • thor777 wrote:
    Excellent mod! Is it possible to apply this mod to the personal stash as well?

Should be. I'll look into it later.
  • awesome! Can't wait! :D
  • paledoorpaledoor Posts: 211
    Very cool! Thank you for all your hard work!
    There is no birth and no cessation. There is no impurity and no purity. There is no decrease and no increase.
    VajraGuruMantra.gif
  • siksasiksa Posts: 3
    good job,my suggestion for you,is just modify the shared stash and leave the normal stash and inventory just like it is,because it looks ugly but the shared stash is good enough.i have tried both your mod with bigger bags and they both work fine so i am not worried about the lack space of player and pet inventory,keep up the good work.
  • OiumeOiume Posts: 1
    Hi ;)

mke199prvc57.png
    Shared Stash Expansion 2.1 with a new DDS FILE

http://www.mediafire.com/?206jj23bug0852a
    m this shared stash file might be a good use with that new 20 page character/stash/pet mod.. that ones missing a shared stash option
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • FOEFOE Posts: 223
    @Oiume
    Very nice, looks smoother! 8-)
    Servus, Erwin
    --
    Intel DP35DP, Intel QuadCore Q6600, 4096 MB DDR2, GeForce GTX260/216, FujSie L22W-8, Win7 Pro x64
    --
    » My Torchlight 1 Char's @ German Fansite Torchlight Source
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    Might want to update your first post with the new file ^.~
    ItfooQF.png
  • For some reason when I put the files into the pak folders my game won't launch I tried putting both paks in and only putting in one or the other but every time the load screen comes up and then nothing.

edit: never mind it was a conflict with another mod that was causing the crash. I fixed it and now the mod works
  • dude! ahhhhhhhhhhh I lost almost everything cuz is not working whit 1.20 :shock: update! aaaaaaa can u fix that? send me private if u get. TKS. :|