[MOD] Camera Zoom v0.2

HappyFunTimesHappyFunTimes Posts: 16
edited April 2013 in Mod Showcase
I batched out all of the CAMERAMULT constants in the area template files in layouts to 1.6 (or 1.5, 1.4) instead of the 1.2 or 1.0 they originally were. This is mostly untested but seems to work as intended. This should have the effect of permanently setting the camera to a larger maximum without console commands.

The result looks something like this:
34r979g.png1hsd2g.png

Feel free to use this in any other mods. I'd suggest using it with the Increased monsters draw distance by Nythain.

Edit: Per request, new zip contains 1.6, 1.5, 1.4 zoom levels.

Links:
MediaFire
Runic Games Fansite

Thank you cienislaw, Jarcho, timebomb, Webbstre, and anyone else that contributed to the pak/dat conversion tools.

Comments

• VortakaVortaka Posts: 216
    It works well! A little small for the character but I can see! I might try 1.5 (if I ever want change ALL the files) but it's a great mod!
    Thanks!
    Happy modding!
  • argleargle Posts: 3
    I've run into 1 cave map so far that had an issue. The camera seemed to be zoomed out above a "ceiling" that was obstructing my view in part of the map.

Apart from that, I like it, but it seems to be just a tad too much. I would appreciate it very much if you could create a 1.5 or 1.4 (preferably) version.
    Well, hum, actually, in maybe one or two maps some spots (in many games so very small percent) using the original camera, it was obstructed... Next time, you should do a print screen (screen shot)!
  • Download has been modified to include 3 paks at 1.4/1.5/1.6 zoom levels.
    Download has been modified to include 3 paks at 1.4/1.5/1.6 zoom levels.
    Thank you very much! This is appreciated!
    Happy modding!
  • argleargle Posts: 3
    Download has been modified to include 3 paks at 1.4/1.5/1.6 zoom levels.

Thanks a bunch. :)
  • RnFRnF Posts: 944 ✭✭
    Sweet **** mod. Just what I was looking for with the camera. Thank you! It works great.
  • TaranTaran Posts: 494
    Downloaded this..will test it tomorrow after sleep and work. After seeing some screens looks like i will like 1.4.
    file.php?id=4794&t=1
    In every person there are 2 dogs fighting...1 Good and 1 Evil. The one that wins is the one you feed the most.
    Torchlight 2 Syenergies Mod forum / http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php
    ****...ty so much man. So i got off of work and tested this..and i was right 1.4 is perfect!!! I can actually see far enough out now to plan attacks and not get surprised by enemies in dungeons....this is awesome man..gj.
    file.php?id=4794&t=1
    In every person there are 2 dogs fighting...1 Good and 1 Evil. The one that wins is the one you feed the most.
  • mattmiskmattmisk Posts: 102
    Terrific man! Great that I don't have to constantly set the camera distance with the terminal now :D
  • Thanks OP!
  • Must have for ranged classes thanks
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for making/sharing Happy!
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
    Ya this has been awesome. The only issue i have had with the 1.4 zoom is one dungeon you zoom into the ceiling..but all i had to do was scroll down a bit closer to my character and problem solved.
    file.php?id=4794&t=1
  • DieghoDiegho Posts: 15
    Question: where do you must put the files?

Sorry for my stupidity :P
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,348 ✭✭✭
    Diegho wrote:

In Torchlight II's main directory.
    ItfooQF.png
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    Taran wrote:
    ****...ty so much man. So i got off of work and tested this..and i was right 1.4 is perfect!!! I can actually see far enough out now to plan attacks and not get surprised by enemies in dungeons....this is awesome man..gj.

so you say I should put in the 1.4 then? was curious on these, I would like to but wanted to make sure it was working well enough.. 1 small bug that is fixed by scrolling isn't an issue.
    Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • DieghoDiegho Posts: 15
    Zidders wrote:
    Diegho wrote:

In Torchlight II's main directory.

Thanks!!!
    !.4 allows me as a ranged to see far enough to plan my attacks before i get there. I tested the others and they are a bit to far out..and 1.5 causes problems in alot of dungeons so you have to scroll in. 1.4 was just one i went too that i had to scroll in.
    Test them and see...i think 1.4 is a **** send.
    file.php?id=4794&t=1
  • MikeslaMikesla Posts: 420
    Vortaka wrote:
    It works well! A little small for the character but I can see! I might try 1.5 (if I ever want change ALL the files) but it's a great mod!
    Thanks!
    Happy modding!

That is the one I have chosen to use. The 1.6 is a bit too far. I also hope that this mod will help me see creatures that somehow miraculous jump into battle from off screen (I have died so many times from this).

To the modder: Great job, I can now see what I am doing.
    What is this Guy up to now? Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Justallino ... ature=mhee
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    hey happy, im going to include your 1.4 alterations in synergies, its really well done, will credit you and link this post.
    Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • After testing it for a bit, I've encountered a problem with being in different areas with my teammates and this mod is the cause of it.

This only occurs with the boss rooms in mapworks because of the new boss room update most likely.

Please take a look.
  • I uploaded a 1.3 setting in case anyone needs it.

You can find it on RGF.
  • Hey, happy to see a mod like this exists. Does it still work?

I extracted it to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Torchlight II\PAKS (before running the game)
    but it doesn't seem to be working. Tried extracting to just Torchlight II\ but same thing.

When I enter the game (first town or one of the first areas) the zoom is on default. Manually setting camera distance in console works until next map load. The mod pak is "in use" if I try to move it while TL2 is running, so at least it loads.

Am I doing anything wrong? Anything else to try?
  • FOEFOE Posts: 223
    Hello paplaukes,

Read this: Mods and .PAK .PAK.MAN!

Basically any .PAK mod's date needs to be older than DATA.PAK(/.MAN)'s date. They set it as far as possible to avoid DATA getting 'older' in some cases.
    Servus, Erwin
    --
    Intel DP35DP, Intel QuadCore Q6600, 4096 MB DDR2, GeForce GTX260/216, FujSie L22W-8, Win7 Pro x64
    --
    » My Torchlight 1 Char's @ German Fansite Torchlight Source
  • Hey, yes I read a similar thread, the PAK files are in the right folder, and their 'modified' date is set to 2107 out of the box :)
    Your link says the data.pak needs to be older (earlier date), you say the mod has to be older, so which is it?
  • mechicomechico Posts: 53
    The mods have to be older than DATA.PAK and DATA.PAK.MAN so they are loaded last which overrides definitions in DATA.
  • They were...
    Turns out it just doesn't work in the starting areas where I tested. Echo pass, lvl13+ area, (subdungeons worked). Oh well.
  • do not ask me why or how but using zoom 1.4 makes notch mine never appear when i reroll the world
    i rerolled easily 50+ times = no mine

i remove this mod (after nearly 2 hours of removing 1 mod after the other to find the culprit) on 10 reroll = 5 mines
    people had a hard time connecting to me i wonder if it's related..will post back if thats the case
  • GroomzGroomz Posts: 41
    I like the default dungeon camera distance, and would want the outdoor camera been set to the same exact level (my first thing when I change area or log in is always zooming in a bit), if anyone got a version of this mod with this kind of setting, pls share! :)