EnchantMod(never wipe)

LenorLenor Posts: 131
edited October 2016 in Mod Showcase
This mod is making enchants never wipe your items.
It has 20% of creating a new socket and 100% of enchanting your item
0% wipe.....please don't use item dupe with this mod as it get's Overpowered(you've been warned}

Unpack my mod in %appdata%\runic games\torchlight\mods\

Update1:Updated for 1.11/1.12,100% chance to enchant and 20% chance to add socket.Price raising with the numbers of enchants to keep it balanced,Maximum number of enchants is 99999

Download 1.11/1.12

Comments

• enchanting period is OP, still takes the fun out of getting new items and all you do is farm gold and sell drops to pay for enchants....you're just making it more OP
  • LenorLenor Posts: 131
    sorry for asking this but,what lvl are you?
    Are you aware that after lvl 55 items don't scale with lvl and the mobs in infinite dungeon get stronger?Also,when you hit lvl 100 you don't grow in power anymore,and the mobs keep growing in power...your only chance to keep up with them is by enchanting...
    The reason I made this is because I enchanted a pretty powerful weapon with gold hard earned and then BOOM it wiped,and now I hit a mob in infinite dungeon and i only take them 15% of their life...

Enchanting is not OP,period
  • CarlosCarlos Posts: 93
    Thanks for the mod! I'll try it after I go home from work!
    .ılı.ılı.
  • Enchanting is already way overpowered...
  • RakanRakan Posts: 1
    Lenor wrote:
    Are you aware that after lvl 55 items don't scale with lvl and the mobs in infinite dungeon get stronger?Also,when you hit lvl 100 you don't grow in power anymore,and the mobs keep growing in power...your only chance to keep up with them is by enchanting...
    The reason I made this is because I enchanted a pretty powerful weapon with gold hard earned and then BOOM it wiped,and now I hit a mob in infinite dungeon and i only take them 15% of their life...

Well said. If not for enchanting there just wouldn't be any more fun to have in the endgame dungeon, and with the new patch making the wipe rate even higher... I wonder how long it will be before people will be running for mods like this.
    Well said. If not for enchanting there just wouldn't be any more fun to have in the endgame dungeon, and with the new patch making the wipe rate even higher... I wonder how long it will be before people will be running for mods like this.

Thanx for that:D
  • yns88yns88 Posts: 19
    edited November 2009
    If the enchanter is OP until level 55, why not have a mod that ties the enchant limit to your level?

Start with a max enchant of 2, then raise it by 2 for every 10 levels you gain until level 40, then raise it by 1 for every other level you gain after that. Post-level 55 you're able to enchant an item to make it competitive, but the base stats of the item still matter. By the time you reach level 100 you're able to have 40 enchants on a single item.

Then of course you'd remove wipes and at least make it so that failures don't count towards the enchant limit. Also, possibly make an option to destroy an enchanted item to regain 40% of the money you spent enchanting it, so that you can "migrate" to another item you find in the dungeon with great base stats.
  • Thank you for this mod. The first time I experienced a full wipe on my orange (gold/yellow/whatever) weapon, my jaw dropped! Now I can enchant without breaking the keyboard.
    My_Gundam_signature_by_MustangMatt68.png
    yns88 wrote:
    If the enchanter is OP until level 55, why not have a mod that ties the enchant limit to your level?

Start with a max enchant of 2, then raise it by 2 for every 10 levels you gain until level 40, then raise it by 1 for every other level you gain after that. Post-level 55 you're able to enchant an item to make it competitive, but the base stats of the item still matter. By the time you reach level 100 you're able to have 40 enchants on a single item.

Then of course you'd remove wipes and at least make it so that failures don't count towards the enchant limit. Also, possibly make an option to destroy an enchanted item to regain 40% of the money you spent enchanting it, so that you can "migrate" to another item you find in the dungeon with great base stats.

That's pretty hard to do...also you can't really have that much enchants on a single item cause the cost is going up every time you enchant

Should I add a chance of failure to the enchanting?Like 15% chance of failing (not giving you anything but you loose the gold)?

Post here suggestions
  • Lenor wrote:
    yns88 wrote:

That's pretty hard to do...also you can't really have that much enchants on a single item cause the cost is going up every time you enchant

Should I add a chance of failure to the enchanting?Like 15% chance of failing (not giving you anything but you loose the gold)?

Post here suggestions

I wouldn't mind that. However, I feel the wipe is too much, so please keep that. I could see losing sockets or even gems with the sockets.
    I wouldn't mind that. However, I feel the wipe is too much, so please keep that. I could see losing sockets or even gems with the sockets.

Added 20% chance to fail enchanting
  • Thanks for the mod, and making this simple

as to everyone else saying its OP-> I don't see why anyone should even care, its not online, it doesn't affect you if someone else's items are beefed up, if you think its OP don't do it in your game. No need to complain at people who do it. This mod was made for people who want it, it doesn't cause imbalance at all to you, so don't spam this up with complaints, you don't want the mod, move on.
    BigRichard wrote:
    Thanks for the mod, and making this simple

as to everyone else saying its OP-> I don't see why anyone should even care, its not online, it doesn't affect you if someone else's items are beefed up, if you think its OP don't do it in your game. No need to complain at people who do it. This mod was made for people who want it, it doesn't cause imbalance at all to you, so don't spam this up with complaints, you don't want the mod, move on.

Well it's not that OP in late game,unless you abuse the dupe bug
    Lenor wrote:

Added 20% chance to fail enchanting

I'm using the original mod! If i want to loose my money i'm not using the mod. :D
    I don't want loose my hardly gathered money.

Maybe you should upload both version and downloaders choose which one they want to download/use?
    .ılı.ılı.
    Thanks for the suggestion Carlos...added both versions.
    Lenor wrote:
    Thanks for the suggestion Carlos...added both versions.
    No problem!
    .ılı.ılı.
  • Thanks for posting this mod. It's exactly what I wanted. I love the enchant system in the game but I don't like losing the enchants on occasion. Taking away the wipe but keeping a 20% fail rate is a fair trade.
  • Installed and played with it last night. My stomach no longer hurts when trying my chances. Thank you for this. :D
    Nessolfte wrote:
    Thanks for posting this mod. It's exactly what I wanted. I love the enchant system in the game but I don't like losing the enchants on occasion. Taking away the wipe but keeping a 20% fail rate is a fair trade.
    Installed and played with it last night. My stomach no longer hurts when trying my chances. Thank you for this. :D

No problem,glad I was able to help.
  • Lenor wrote:

It's not overpowered, but too dominant and it doesn't scale well enough (imho, it is too powerful at lower levels and pretty well balanced at higher levels where you depend on the enchanter to get good gear).

I agree with your comments on high level characters (I guess, playing at 80+ using only non-enchanted gear on VH could be next to impossible) and that nerfing the enchanter WITHOUT re-balancing high level items would be a bad idea.

I also dislike the de-enchant feature as it wiped my uber weapon last night (and no, I'm not going to use any workaround, I simply accept it as a part of the game mechanics - it still hurts to lose a 2.1k dps pistol at lvl 84 with the only alternative being a 725 dps unique pistol that costs a fortune to enchant :P).

What I would _really_ love to see would be a mod that:

a) balances high-level items for a more D2-like feel (finding that single uber rare ring with godly stats)
    b) makes enchantment less important (limit # and strength of effects that can be gained by enchantments, scale the enchanter to the item level, so you cannot make a lvl 5 weapon 5times more powerful than a lvl 80+ drop).

Of course, b) can only work in connection with a). Right now, high level item drops **** and there is absolutely NO point in keeping them or hunting for a special item when the enchanter can give you something so many magnitudes better.
    Enchanting a unique items cost a lot,but did any of you try to enchant a unique?Does it give better enchants?
  • Lenor wrote:
    Enchanting a unique items cost a lot,but did any of you try to enchant a unique?Does it give better enchants?

From my experience last night, I was receiving basic enchants. I haven't receive any +skill % or anything like that yet. Mostly it has been +x armor degrade on hit or +x health.
  • Lenor wrote:
    Only at shrines. I have barter at 10 but enchanting uniques can still cost up to 40k per try. I don't think a unique will receive better stats than a green or blue item. Seems to be all random.
  • Lenor wrote:
    Only at shrines. I have barter at 10 but enchanting uniques can still cost up to 40k per try. I don't think a unique will receive better stats than a green or blue item. Seems to be all random.

I have this problem too. :(
  • I updated this mod with the new patch.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xvmkojmho ... antMod.zip

Works fine for me, I don't do any modding or anything but editing a few floats didn't seem like much work.
    Disenchant starts at 0% and stays there. Didn't change anything else, shrines still can disenchant, kept that way since they can do more enchants overall (10000 as opposed to 1000).

edit:
    should mention that i used the version where not enchanting is still an option.
    Updated for 1.11/1.12,100% chance to enchant and 20% chance to add socket.Price raising with the numbers of enchants to keep it balanced,Maximum number of enchants is 99999.

Have fun!
  • bmnbmn Posts: 92
    Now generally this mod works for me
    But in the last 10 minutes I've had TWO wipes
    And this was on something I've been enchanting for about 400k worth and another at least 300k
    I don't know if it only works for the latest patch or what, but this has caused an unnecessary amount of rage for me
  • ShardzShardz Posts: 1,384
    bmn wrote:
    And this was on something I've been enchanting for about 400k worth and another at least 300k
    I don't know if it only works for the latest patch or what, but this has caused an unnecessary amount of rage for me

I just downloaded this to check out the code and I can see that as it is now, it should not wipe at all. What probably happened is you had the old .ADM file floating in your mod folder from the last version which didn't contain some arguments that the new version has. The new Torchlight v1.12 doesn't compile the .dat files automatically anymore and the old version probably missed some new parameters that the patch included.
    bmn wrote:

You have 2 separated links for the both versions of the game,so you probably dl-ed the wrong one.The mod works for me...
  • The download link is not working for me for...let me know whats up