Official German Language?

theblackfrogtheblackfrog Posts: 61
edited December 2012 in TL2 General Discussions
Hi,

well just downloaded the last patch and still no german language. i just wanna know if there will be an official language patch? i know there are workarounds but i prefer official things coz i read about some problems with the workaround. the patch is not for me but for my 2 friends who would like to play in german (to understand what the skill does etc)

would be nice if there is any new/actual info about the language patch

thx in advance
the black frog

Comments

• travisbaldreetravisbaldree Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭✭
    The current plan is for German to become available in December - no fixed date yet though.
  • travis, thx for the fast and official reply, december sounds good to me.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZJZK6rzjns&feature=related

O-ok, in the end... Tim the enchanter, ...pardon Mr. Travis Baldree spoke...

But yes, after all that was helpfull. "click"

Patch Notes 1.17.x.14
    "(...)
    Russian language now available
    Polish language now available
    (...)"

So?

December!?

-.-

i understand , i clearly understand... everything i supposed was right... :roll:
    (maybe 2 days ago it has been named june 2013, so appreciate and a big "thanks" for the effort)

I mean its not a big deal.Thousands of german customers are Runic and Daedalic very thankfull for having the opportunity of getting a retail version of Torchlight 2. :mrgreen:

p.s. maybe not before Dec 24th?
  • p2k12p2k12 Posts: 2
    Patch Notes 1.17.x.14
    "(...)
    Russian language now available
    Polish language now available

Oa0tc.png
    What is with the german language?

P.S.
    Gratz to polen and russia.
  • The current plan is for German to become available in December - no fixed date yet though.

I of course read this and immediately wondered what other languages are in the works. Where did you find this info? :D
  • Yeah, thanks to Deadalic Entertaintment for using other languages in their version of Torchlight but not let the german translation use in the Runic-Retail and Steam versions of the game. Great indeed.

And thanks to Runic Games for promising a language patch and let the german preorderer wait because Deadalic wants it.

What about JoWood and the german Version of Torchlight I? Oh wait, JoWood? There isnt a developer named Jowood anymore. :mrgreen:
  • robisinho wrote:
    The current plan is for German to become available in December - no fixed date yet though.

Where did you find this info? :D

You just quoted a Dev post, so you got the info from the horses mouth :)
    Runic Forums at its finest:
    Video not working.
    You probably have to press the play-Button.
  • branbran Posts: 359
    im fine having the game in english, although im from germany. english language sounds and reads much more pleasant at least to me.
    and december isnt that far for those who want to play tl2 in german. ;)
    - Clouddancer Mod
    - currently working on: "The Gloom"-Mod - fiendish stuff including the Igniter Demon class
    "Never sweet the kiss of cold steel..." (bal sagoth)
    painting stuff - my gallery: http://bran.cgsociety.org/gallery/
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    I think people need to keep in mind that when you're a company with hundreds of thousands if not millions of people buying your game, it's very important to make sure that when you're hiring someone to do an official translation you hire someone who has a really good reputation and lots of credentials. There aren't a lot of translators working in the game industry. Most people who speak multiple languages well tend to work in fields that make them more money.

Up until quite recently the game industry hasn't been a big industry, all things considered. Certainly not big enough to draw qualified people away from industries like advertising, or movies, or any number of industries that pay you well if you can fluently speak and write in several different languages. That means that translators working in the game industry are in high demand. There are a lot of games out there and not a lot of translators and it can be really tough to schedule a single translator, never mind a team of them. After all, who's going to check the translators in order to make sure there are no mistakes?

As it is, there was a very recent incident where Mojang had to correct an offensive translation of Minecraft because one of the translators decided it would be funny to sneak in something offensive in one countries language. It's making sure that they get the translators they need and getting a team of them in order to check each others work that is probably causing the delay in translations.

Part of the reason Valve games take so long to come out is because generally, they prefer to release their games with all localizations available on the games release. Runic was pressed for time-mostly by people in the community who really wanted the game to come out, but also because they really wanted to get the game into our hands. This meant that translations would have to come later. They're working on them, people are just going to have to be patient and do their best to understand that there are some elements of game design that the developers have limited power over.
    ItfooQF.png
  • FOEFOE Posts: 223
    You are right Zidders!

But, it is a fact, that the German translation is included since v1.13!!!

There is only a registry entry what is missing for activation.

OK, there will maybe a agreement with Runic an Daedalic Entertainment, that Runic brings the activation patch for it later, so that the boxed-Version will be buying.

If so, why not say it? Even if I had no problem.
    Servus, Erwin
    --
    Intel DP35DP, Intel QuadCore Q6600, 4096 MB DDR2, GeForce GTX260/216, FujSie L22W-8, Win7 Pro x64
    --
    » My Torchlight 1 Char's @ German Fansite Torchlight Source
  • but there are some problems with this german language registry hack from what i have read wiht multiplayer and some crashes when meeting a boss or so
  • And italian language? Never?
    @theblackfrog

Yes, but it does not matter which version you have: Runic-, Steam- oder Boxed-Version ... with the registry-hack!

About crashes: see here ... viewtopic.php?p=418828#p418828
    Servus, Erwin
    --
    Intel DP35DP, Intel QuadCore Q6600, 4096 MB DDR2, GeForce GTX260/216, FujSie L22W-8, Win7 Pro x64
    --
  • well thx for the link. have checked the thread but im not sure if u still have to do the registry hack, we all own the steam version. i wanted to ask them in the german forum (4 players) but it seems my email adress isnt legit, cant register -.-

-taking a deep deep breath to stay calm-

everything is ok
    everything is good
    the world loves you
  • Well, Travis said December, didn't he? That's a whole month to go ;) Just relax and buy Christmas presents 8-)
    Each reality is but the dream of another, and each sleeper a **** unknowing...

#1 German fansite: http://torchlight.4fansites.de
  • LS76LS76 Posts: 1
    Neue Datei > T2.reg mit Inhalt
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\{049FF5E4-EB02-4c42-8DB0-226E2F7A9E53}]
    "InstallerLanguage"="1033"
    "ClientLanguage"="GERMAN"

erstellen, ausführen, Spiel starten, bei Optionen Sprache umstellen und freuen!
    Hello LS76!

Dass ist hinlänglich bekannt! // That is well known!

Es geht um den offiziellen Deutsch-Patch und wann er endlich kommt. //It's about the official German patch and when it finally comes.
    Servus, Erwin
    --
    --
  • FizzableFizzable Posts: 165
    +1 on German language!! :geek:
    fizz.png
  • orion21orion21 Posts: 208
    Gibt's einen Grund, dass das deutsche Sprachpaket zwar im Spiel ist, aber nicht offiziell? Ich meine, hat jemand, der das schon benutzt, Fehler gefunden oder so?

(Asking if there are any errors in the translation that would explain the language pak not being released officially yet.)
    orion21 wrote:
    Gibt's einen Grund, dass das deutsche Sprachpaket zwar im Spiel ist, aber nicht offiziell? Ich meine, hat jemand, der das schon benutzt, Fehler gefunden oder so?
    Ich könnte mir nur Eines vorstellen: Dass es eine Übereinkunft zw. Runic und Daedalic Entertainment gibt, so dass Runic erst später den Sprach-Patch offiziell heraus bringen darf!

Sonst würde sich ja die Boxed-VErsion nicht oder schlecht(er) verkaufen, wenn die DL-Version zeitgleich auch schon auf Deutsch erhältlich wäre. Also eine reine Markt-Strategie!?

Es gibt ja einige User, die sich gleich die DL-Version geholt haben und auch dann die Boxed-Version (ich z.B.). Wenn es aber jetzt gleichzeitig mit der Boxed-Version auch den Sprach-Patch für Deutsch gegeben hätte, dann hätte ich die Boxed-Version nicht gekauft.

Dass nun aber findige User heraus gefunden haben, was man tun muss um die deutsche Sprache trotzdem zu aktivieren, ist eine andere Sache!

Da die Boxed-Version (auf der DVD) ja der Runic-Version v1.13 entspricht, war es ja mal klar, dass die Daten schon vorhanden waren/sind und man halt nur den Mechanismus heraus finden musste, wie es zu aktivieren ist. ;)

(Sorry for this German answer, but my English isn't so good ... :roll: )
    Servus, Erwin
    --
    --
  • orion21 wrote:

(Asking if there are any errors in the translation that would explain the language pak not being released officially yet.)

Zumindest keine, die nicht auch in der Download-Version auftreten. ;-) Da wird sicher in Zukunft noch nachgeholfen. Erste Ansätze gab es ja schon im letzten Patch.

Nö, FOE hat schon Recht - das wurde vermutlich ohne technische Notwendigkeit mit dem Publisher abgesprochen. Warum auch nicht, schließlich soll Daedalic ja auch was verdienen.
  • The current plan is for German to become available in December - no fixed date yet though.

I know it's still December but any news on this? ;)
  • The a look at the recent Patchnotes. There might be a surprise for you ;)
    Each reality is but the dream of another, and each sleeper a **** unknowing...

#1 German fansite: http://torchlight.4fansites.de
  • orion21orion21 Posts: 208
    Switched to German. Read "Angesehen Glutsteinmagier". Face-palmed and switched back to English. Well, I suppose you cannot blame Daedalic for that and it's the game's fault for being not very inflection-friendly. They use the same source for the rank in the main menu and in the character panel, right?