Please rework the owl? :/

orion21orion21 Posts: 208
edited November 2012 in TL2 General Discussions
When I read about the new owl pet, I was pretty excited, because owls are one of my favourite animals. Unfortunately, the owl wasn't the cute, chubby little thing I expected, but only a slight modification of the hawk, so I was very disappointed. In my opinion, there was quite some potential wasted. So I wanted to ask you, Runic, if you think there might be a rework of the owl to make it more individual (read: different from the hawk). I would really appreciate it! :)
«1

Comments

  • I agree. It should have it's own set of animations and should be a little more plump.
    Hi everyone.
  • PennyT18PennyT18 Posts: 176
    How about a snowy owl option?
  • I disagree.
    The wing flapping is the same animation, but then it does have some of its own animation as well.
    As for not being fat and cuddly, This is a lean mean fighting owl, not a sit on its **** in a cage being carried around owl.
  • mLockemLocke Posts: 16
    The only difference is the head and texture. Rigging is the same, animation is the same, it even has the same legs making them look freakishly long.
    LKS9.png
    LKSe.png
    As for things to improve, well, the legs would be a good start. I was also a little sad to not see some head-flipping idle motions a'la Ocarina of Time. Of course all of these things take time and effort, so I don't really expect anything.

    Thanks for the free content anyways, Runic. Way to keep the PC gaming dream alive.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Meh on second thought it looks fine.
    ItfooQF.png
  • would be cool if the owl could look like this picture I found. From National Geographic's web site
  • i think it looks close enough to the real deal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA6XSrM0 ... re=related
  • BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,308 admin
    30286771.jpg
    BrianW
    Community Manager // Mr. Nice Guy

    Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/runicgames
  • we just got trolled by a dev. haha
  • MetroMetro Posts: 575
    Also please mount twin laser guns on the owl. Thanks.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭
    Gamera2 wrote:
    i think it looks close enough to the real deal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA6XSrM0 ... re=related

    Ok, I can see it. Thanks for the vid, that was an amazing bit of film. Hopefully Op enjoys it and maybe sees the new pet in a different light. I still think the badgers gait needs to be a bit more clipped but it's good enough. The model is fantastic.
    ItfooQF.png
  • ActiActi Posts: 34
    Too stoned fat tired to fly, but I would like it :D

    8842308-funny-cartoon-owl.jpg
  • drenzdrenz Posts: 93
    Rofl come on it's a free new pet on top of the 6 we already have! Let's be appreciative Runic didn't roll this out as a $2.99 pet DLC! :mrgreen:
  • MayoraMayora Posts: 388
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ4ffqXg6RA

    I was hoping it'd be slightly more like this.
  • It looks weird because an owl's legs don't look like that when it sits.
    a +health gear a day keeps the death screen away
  • ChthonChthon Posts: 1,855
    I'm fine with the owl.
    Torchlight 2 Rapid Respec - Putting the "hack" in "hack-n-slash"
    StashNinja - INFINITE Stash for Torchlight 2
    NullMod - Play together in the same multiplayer game with different mods!
  • aeriaaeria Posts: 61
    the owl is crying now
  • LOL Y NU OWL IS NOT FULL HD REALISTIC OWL? Y!?

    Seriously, is it really that important? How often do You watch your pet in short distance? How often do you really care about it's image?
  • gameqb11gameqb11 Posts: 975
    orion21 wrote:
    Runic, if you think there might be a rework of the owl to make it more individual (read: different from the hawk). I would really appreciate it! :)

    Judging from this post- no you wouldn't. How could you be VERY disappointed in something thats a freebie? Owl looks fine to me. Sure they could tweak a thing or two, but overall i think its cool to have an Owl, even if its just a head.
    Yay, TL2!!!
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭
    gameqb11 wrote:
    orion21 wrote:
    Runic, if you think there might be a rework of the owl to make it more individual (read: different from the hawk). I would really appreciate it! :)

    Judging from this post- no you wouldn't. How could you be VERY disappointed in something thats a freebie? Owl looks fine to me. Sure they could tweak a thing or two, but overall i think its cool to have an Owl, even if its just a head.
    Hey, how about we keep the thread light hearted and not **** all over the op and try to make them out to be a **** when all they did was as a polite and reasonable question? Just because somethings free doesn't mean people don't get to ask things like that. They DID pay for the game, after all, and they have a right to their opinion.
    ItfooQF.png
  • Agreed, owl needs a rework.

    Can't even tell me how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop. Useless owl.
  • gameqb11gameqb11 Posts: 975
    Zidders wrote:
    gameqb11 wrote:
    orion21 wrote:
    Runic, if you think there might be a rework of the owl to make it more individual (read: different from the hawk). I would really appreciate it! :)

    Judging from this post- no you wouldn't. How could you be VERY disappointed in something thats a freebie? Owl looks fine to me. Sure they could tweak a thing or two, but overall i think its cool to have an Owl, even if its just a head.
    Hey, how about we keep the thread light hearted and not **** all over the op and try to make them out to be a **** when all they did was as a polite and reasonable question? Just because somethings free doesn't mean people don't get to ask things like that. They DID pay for the game, after all, and they have a right to their opinion.

    Yeah, but its attitudes like that, that will hold back on content we could get. If someone worked on extra content on their spare time, i dont want them to be in fear of releasing it because someone will get upset at something that was never intended in the first place. Who wants MORE complaints? save those for things that actually effect gameplay.

    At least show gratitude first before throwing it back in their face. Thats all i'm saying.
    Yay, TL2!!!
  • MayoraMayora Posts: 388
    Liberator wrote:
    LOL Y NU OWL IS NOT FULL HD REALISTIC OWL? Y!?

    Seriously, is it really that important? How often do You watch your pet in short distance? How often do you really care about it's image?

    I fed my pet a Huge Largemouth Bass.

    Within 5 minutes, I decided that, despite having fished 900 times solely to catch that **** bass, i preferred it as a cute puppy and reverted it back to the adorable papillon.
  • gameqb11 wrote:
    orion21 wrote:
    Runic, if you think there might be a rework of the owl to make it more individual (read: different from the hawk). I would really appreciate it! :)

    Judging from this post- no you wouldn't. How could you be VERY disappointed in something thats a freebie? Owl looks fine to me. Sure they could tweak a thing or two, but overall i think its cool to have an Owl, even if its just a head.

    Just because something is "free" (and I hesitate to use that term because very little, if anything, is actually ever free) does not mean it cannot have problems, nor does it mean people should immediately shut up about these problems because they supposedly got "something for nothing".

    You argue that the topic author should be more appreciative since he paid nothing for the pet. Fair enough answer, since you're entitled to your opinion. However, I could easily argue that you should stop reading the topic and post elsewhere if you don't agree with him.

    Both answers stifle peoples right to voice their opinions. It stops constructive criticism and discussion about something people do not like and, quite frankly, everybody is far worse off because of it.
    Liberator wrote:
    Seriously, is it really that important? How often do You watch your pet in short distance? How often do you really care about it's image?

    This is a moot point.

    If people didn't care about what type of pet they had and how their pet looked then why would we be given 10 different choices of animal to use as our pet, and why would we get to name them?

    The pets I chose for my characters were chosen because I liked those animals and wanted to see them, more than any of the other choices, in combat. It was a choice I made knowing I would be using the same pet for my entire playthrough on that one character so yes, I am going to care even just a tiny bit about what pet I choose and how it looks.
  • paledoorpaledoor Posts: 211
    Sychosis wrote:
    Agreed, owl needs a rework.

    Can't even tell me how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop. Useless owl.

    I can help with that!

    One... Two... Three... *CRUNCH*

    ...Three.

    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    There is no birth and no cessation. There is no impurity and no purity. There is no decrease and no increase.
    VajraGuruMantra.gif
  • OareaOarea Posts: 110
    owl, great idea, but a little disappointed that there was only the head has changed.
    But I still love Runic :)

    Panda Pet... When ?? :D
  • xxflashxxflash Posts: 142
    THANKS RUNIC FOR GIVING US 2 MORE PETS!!
    Never expected to get more pets added so quick, I'm very gatefull
  • yeah we need pandas :D

    every cool game has pandas
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭
    yeah we need pandas :D

    every cool game has pandas
    The enchanters are ponya (red pandas) I think they might rage at your enslavement of their kin (they must hate every other species you keep as a pet, they don't seem too troubled by the fact you're making them haul **** back and forth to town)
    ItfooQF.png
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.