The Ember Adventurers Club is recruiting!

ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in TL2 Guilds
The Ember Adventurers Club is a guild/social club I started back in August of 2011 that was meant to give folks who were long time members of the forum as well as folks who were new to the community a place where they could get together, socialize, get to know each other and play games together. We've grown a lot larger over the last year or so, yet I've decided that 'we still have a bit more room left in our ranks.

We're a very open (well, mostly open. There's one exception-i'll get to that below) and accepting community and only ask that guild members-known as 'embies'-treat each other with respect. We have a lot of fun and joke around at each others expense but it's never meant to demean or disrespect. We're a group of friends who are more like family, really.

To apply, you must be at least 18. You must also have contributed to this forum in a positive and NOT a negative manner. I'm not really worried about post count, I am not interested in people who get enjoyment out of bringing other people down. If you're interested in the EAC, you can feel free to pm me with some info about you OR you can apply here by writing a short (three or four paragraph) introduction telling me a little bit about yourself and what you're looking for in a guild.

This is a very casual, laid back guild. We don't do organized events, we're not looking to change the world. What we ARE doing is giving people a forum where they can share thoughts and ideas and learn about each other and a Teamspeak channel where we can hang out and BS. This is more of a social club than anything, so keep that in mind, because if you're looking for serious, organized stuff, perhaps this isn't the guild you're looking for.

We play many different games together, not just Torchlight, and when we do play Torchlight II, everyone has their own different playstyle, so if you're looking for legit we've got plenty of legit players and if you don't mind cheating/hacking well that's fun to. As long as everyone is respecting each other, it's all good. In fact, one of our members-Phanjam-helps run the vanilla gaming group.

I also have no problem with people who are in different guilds also joining mine. Since we're laid back, we won't really get in the way of other commitments.

If you want to know more about me, feel free to pm me OR check out my intro
http://emberadventurersclub.enjin.com/f ... ime-i-know
ItfooQF.png

Comments

  • Oh the contradictions in the thread, open and accepting, yet the paragraph below says you have to be 18, the contradictions are a-rolling.

    Also, if you think I mean that offensively then you're wrong, it just irks me to see contradictions like this, I assume the age limit is to avoid squeaky immature kids though, so that sounds like a good reason.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭
    Draconian wrote:
    Oh the contradictions in the thread, open and accepting, yet the paragraph below says you have to be 18, the contradictions are a-rolling.

    Also, if you think I mean that offensively then you're wrong, it just irks me to see contradictions like this, I assume the age limit is to avoid squeaky immature kids though, so that sounds like a good reason.

    Fair enough. It has nothing to do with 'squeeky immature kids', though. Maybe some of the folks in the guild might feel that way, but i'm usually the first person to point out to people that In all the time i've spent online (since early 2000-I got a late start, unfortunately), most of the maturity issues i've run into have come from people above the age of 18, the majority of which have come from people in my age bracket (late 30's).

    The reason I decided to make it 18+ is because we aren't a G, PG, or PG-13 rated guild. Sometimes we'll talk about really mature stuff on Teamspeak. While we do our best to respect peoples personal boundries as far as subject matter goes-if someone is uncomfortable joking around about **** or whatever, we're not going to sit there and make them uncomfortable-sometimes we get to talking about stuff that-while not explicit or graphic or anything-would probably make someones parents more than a bit **** off that we were discussing those kinds of things in front of their kids.

    And that goes for discussions about politics or religion or what have you. I'd just rather not deal with the parental can of worms, you know?

    And it's completely possible to have that requirement and still be accepting. I will change the open bit.
    ItfooQF.png
  • Zidders wrote:
    Draconian wrote:
    Oh the contradictions in the thread, open and accepting, yet the paragraph below says you have to be 18, the contradictions are a-rolling.

    Also, if you think I mean that offensively then you're wrong, it just irks me to see contradictions like this, I assume the age limit is to avoid squeaky immature kids though, so that sounds like a good reason.

    Fair enough. It has nothing to do with 'squeeky immature kids', though. Maybe some of the folks in the guild might feel that way, but i'm usually the first person to point out to people that In all the time i've spent online (since early 2000-I got a late start, unfortunately), most of the maturity issues i've run into have come from people above the age of 18, the majority of which have come from people in my age bracket (late 30's).

    The reason I decided to make it 18+ is because we aren't a G, PG, or PG-13 rated guild. Sometimes we'll talk about really mature stuff on Teamspeak. While we do our best to respect peoples personal boundries as far as subject matter goes-if someone is uncomfortable joking around about **** or whatever, we're not going to sit there and make them uncomfortable-sometimes we get to talking about stuff that-while not explicit or graphic or anything-would probably make someones parents more than a bit **** off that we were discussing those kinds of things in front of their kids.

    And that goes for discussions about politics or religion or what have you. I'd just rather not deal with the parental can of worms, you know?

    And it's completely possible to have that requirement and still be accepting. I will change the open bit.
    Ah, that makes sense, I still just had to point it out since there wasn't anthing saying if it was a hard limit or why, which could frustrate some people, on a side note, I'm interested, though still fairly low level int eh game itself as I got it just about 3 days ago and have played about 5 or so hours total.
  • What sort of difficulty and NG do most of you guys play on?

    I am looking to get into the online side of the game after (finally!) finishing a playthrough on Veteran.

    Also what is the best way to organise a game? Do you post on the EAC forums, or is it more of a case of sending a message through steam?
    **** kicking - FOR GOODNESS!
    Steam ID - Minsc&Boo - Runic ID Minsc_N_Boo
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭
    MinscNboo wrote:
    What sort of difficulty and NG do most of you guys play on?

    I am looking to get into the online side of the game after (finally!) finishing a playthrough on Veteran.

    Also what is the best way to organise a game? Do you post on the EAC forums, or is it more of a case of sending a message through steam?

    I think most people in the guild are all over the place, really, so it really depends who you talk to. I use rapid respec so I can play in whatever cycle I want, for instance. As far as setting up games, your best bet is to join up, friend up as many active members as possible and then post a thread stating that you're looking for some folks to game with and when you're available to game with.
    ItfooQF.png
  • FizzableFizzable Posts: 165
    Zidders is EAC still recruiting? Our team pbpc was recently disbanded so i'm available to play! :geek:
    fizz.png
  • NauzhrorNauzhror Posts: 1,090
    Draconian wrote:
    Oh the contradictions in the thread, open and accepting, yet the paragraph below says you have to be 18, the contradictions are a-rolling.

    Also, if you think I mean that offensively then you're wrong, it just irks me to see contradictions like this, I assume the age limit is to avoid squeaky immature kids though, so that sounds like a good reason.

    I don't think "open and accepting" means we don't reject anyone for any reason whatsoever, ever.

    It simply means they aren't going to reject you for being female, for being gay, for being black, asian, mexican, physically handicapped, etc. Nor will they accept you and then torment you for having any of those traits.
    Wq022Hq.png
    "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams
  • shazeshaze Posts: 3
    Are you guys still recruiting?
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭
    shaze wrote:
    Are you guys still recruiting?

    Hey Shaze! Welcome to the community. The EAC has been closed to new members for awhile now, mostly because I haven't been as frequent a visitor to the forum over the last few months. While we're still closed to new members for now, I suggest sticking around the Runic forums and getting to know everyone. This way, you'll contribute to the community and I'll get to see whether you're going to be a good fit with the rest of the guild or not.
    ItfooQF.png
Sign In or Register to comment.