TorchED Assets and documentation!

travisbaldreetravisbaldree Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in General Modding
So, I know it's not the ACTUAL editor just yet - but to tide you until monday, here are the raw max files for the characters and their wardrobes, animations, a tileset, and lots of other goodies, as well as a load of documentation.

http://www.torchlightgame.com/TorchED-assets

UPDATE: We have updated the zip file on Filefront, this should fix the corrupted file error some of you have received when extracting it.

Update Nov 09 2009 4:45pm (JediFreeman) - Updated Assets Pack to 1.1
Update Oct 10 2011 (JediFreeman) Updated Assets URL

Comments

• heronheron Posts: 637
    AWESOME! something to read over the weekend.
    Kudos! :)
  • Booyah.

Thanks!
    Arguing over a video game? That's just silly.
  • And to all the naysayers, in your faces!
  • Woohoo! Thanks Travis!
    ! D:\TL_MOD\TorchED-Tutorials-Assets.zip: CRC failed in Animations and Wardrobe\Alchemist\Wardrobe\alchemist_scale_shoulder.png. The file is corrupt

everything else seemed to extract okay.
  • xdanxxdanx Posts: 111
    Hohoho I'll not sleep tonight xDD Thanks :D
  • heron wrote:
    ! D:\TL_MOD\TorchED-Tutorials-Assets.zip: CRC failed in Animations and Wardrobe\Alchemist\Wardrobe\alchemist_scale_shoulder.png. The file is corrupt

I got the same error.
    Travis, any chance giving us the "torchlight_town" max scene so we can build our own little world? :mrgreen:
  • HAVE MY BABIES TRAVIS! I LOVE YOU :D
  • albaalba Posts: 25
    Awesome :)
  • LOL! I just opened up the 'TorchEd Introductory Guide' :lol: Best Paint skillz I've seen in a long time.
  • gluemchengluemchen Posts: 1,033
    ...... this editor looks powerful. I like the fire breathing sharkbear... thing.
  • SirDerpingtonThe3rdSirDerpingtonThe3rd Posts: 110
    edited November 2009
    I'm guessing you guys are using a newer version than max9, right? :x I really wish Autodesk at least included a converter to other formats so older versions could at least import than new max files.

EDIT: I guess I can download the 30day trial of the newest max version and convert them through there.
  • JBeckJBeck Posts: 424 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing you guys are using a newer version than max9, right? :x I really wish Autodesk at least included a converter to other formats so older versions could at least import than new max files.
    We are using Max 2009
    Time and resources are realities that force tough decisions regarding our desires. - BECK
  • NaihonnNaihonn Posts: 243
    Oh yeah, maybe in few minutes I will be a little happier... 8-)
    calabash.png
  • JBeck wrote:
    We are using Max 2009

That's what I figured *runs to autodesk to d/l 30 day trial*
  • So we checked our zip and it looks ok. We are now downloading it from file planet to see if perhaps it got corrupted on the upload from us or if possibly they just the version they have is borked. Has anybody been able to unzip the entire thing yet?

PS: I just re-read this "...got corrupted on the upload from us or if possibly they just the version they have is borked." First off it doesn't even make sense and second if you can decipher it - doesn't it mean the same thing? If the upload got corrupted their version would be borked. Oh man I'm tired.
  • Nope, I got the same corrupted file error as other users as well.
  • heron wrote:

yep, got the same failure.
  • gluemchengluemchen Posts: 1,033
    heron wrote:

Just downloaded it a few minutes ago. I think the file is fried. Same file has extracting problems in my archive aswell.
  • Same thing happened to me but I was able to extract it if I opened the file directly to my image viewer then saved it from there. I use irfanview so try that if you have the problem.
    Project Fantasy [Various Mods]
    Elite Generation [Blog/Content Storage]
    TorchED **** [Needs Seeders]
    Making A Custom Map [Tutorial]
  • I have the same problem. BUT! I just want to say that TorchED looks FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

Now that I've gotten that out of my system.....
  • NaihonnNaihonn Posts: 243
    Same thing here, but Winrar repaired it quickly. More importantly, you have included those tutorials twice in this package. 8-)
    calabash.png
  • The "Weapons_into_Game.pdf" tutorial ends prematurely. It stops at page 8/8 with "Time to move on to linking up and assigning Icon to model." And then no further info!
    Arguing over a video game? That's just silly.
  • LuitjensLuitjens Posts: 109
    So, I know it's not the ACTUAL editor just yet - but to tide you until monday, here are the raw max files for the characters and their wardrobes, animations, a tileset, and lots of other goodies, as well as a load of documentation.

http://www.filefront.com/14873867/Torch ... Assets.zip

Thank you for this travis :)
  • askjoshaskjosh Posts: 161
    Sobersean wrote:
    The "Weapons_into_Game.pdf" tutorial ends prematurely. It stops at page 8/8 with "Time to move on to linking up and assigning Icon to model." And then no further info!

keep in mind that what you guys all got was probably a work in progress. i am sure we will be getting more info over the next week.
  • Just a little bit longer now!! I cannot wait for this EDITOR!!!
  • HapaHapa Posts: 10
    As Naihonn already mentioned, most of the files are included twice. On the bright side, the "alchemist_scale_shoulder.png" inside "\Tutorials\Animations and Wardrobe\Alchemist\Wardrobe" is not corrupted.
  • servvsservvs Posts: 131
    Woot, hopefully blender will open these files. Sorry, I don't have the $3.5k to spend on max or I would, lol
  • TorchED Introductory Guide.pdf, page 4. "off of" :evil:

I did not take English in all 4 years of High School to see a professionally developed document suffer from grammar errors. I am a sad panda.