Success stories

InsannInsann Posts: 17
edited January 2013 in TL Hardcore Mode
So i just beat the game for the first time. And on ****, so it was a blind HC. Only on normal tho, but i'm still happy and proud with it considering it's my first time.
I just got the game 2 days ago so yeah, i no lifed.

Since normal is already easy i didn't want to make it to easy, so i didn't farm at all. I was underlevel for the areas all the time, i just got level 44 before entering the last boss room.
Since i didn't know what to expect from the game, i decided to roll a 1h +shield engi. At first i was going like tanky, putting alot in vitality, But since i was pretty much cruising, i decided to go for strenght and more offensive stuff last 10ish levels.

Im pretty fortunate because i created engineer as my first character, forcefield is OP. I probably would have died at some if i didn't have that. After like level 25 i was pretty much in control, not taking care at all, just jumping in and smashing.

Here are some pics of my character after completing the game.

startn.jpg

endkv.jpg

statsrk.jpg

triviap.jpg

Well i hope i ain't breaking any rules with all these images. I didn't use any mods in my playthrough. I hope we can use this topic for sharing our success HC stories.

I really enjoyed playing TL2, it's awesome, and the gameplay is the best one i ever experienced in these types of games. Looking forward for more.

Cheers everyone.
Runic ID: Insann

You've got to burn to shine.

Comments

• InsannInsann Posts: 17
    Well now this is a fail story ; /

i just died on my 4th map. a trap killed me in a second, didn't have a chance, didn't even saw it, freaking spike poped up.

And i had some pretty cool gear on me, and was leveling fast in maps, from level 44 to 47 in like 3 maps. The problem with rolling HC as your first char is i don't have anything left now. I don't want another **** character because i want a highlevel char so i will go SC, but i got no stashed gear there.

Oh well. And i was confident i'll get my char to 100 :(

EDIT: i just realized i posted this in HC for TL1. mod please move this to HC TL2.
    Runic ID: Insann

You've got to burn to shine.
  • taaqktaaqk Posts: 44
    Just beat Elite **** this morning :):)
  • TieryalTieryal Posts: 420
    Insann wrote:
    Well now this is a fail story ; /

i just died on my 4th map. a trap killed me in a second, didn't have a chance, didn't even saw it, freaking spike poped up.

And i had some pretty cool gear on me, and was leveling fast in maps, from level 44 to 47 in like 3 maps. The problem with rolling HC as your first char is i don't have anything left now. I don't want another **** character because i want a highlevel char so i will go SC, but i got no stashed gear there.

Oh well. And i was confident i'll get my char to 100 :(

EDIT: i just realized i posted this in HC for TL1. mod please move this to HC TL2.

You should keep playing HC. The feeling of starting over ****, but the more you do it the easier it gets, and when you swap out gear for upgrades, stash it, instead of sell it so your characters that you make next (because you will die). Will go faster.

taaqk wrote:
    Just beat Elite **** this morning :):)

Gratz
    **** Elite 100 Beserker NG(4) Cleared, World First.
    http://twitch.tv/tieryal
    http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=43170