Monsters That You Wish Were Still On Torchlight II

EolgEolg Posts: 174
There's just too much drama and rambling on other threads! Come on!
Let's all just have fun. :D

About the topic...
Those Succubus-looking monsters that used to 1-Hit my Alchemist.
I would want them to taste sweet revenge. :twisted:

BTW, I wish there's an Ordrak Fish.
To turn your pet to a small Ordrak. :twisted:

Comments

• SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    a few mods let you turn your pet into odrak..
    Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • Mods may bring'em back all as TL2 uses the same engine than TL1.

You may find some things on the internet to create new monsters and importing models from the others.

Of course, reproducing their skills would be difficult but if I remember Succubus correclty, nothing impossible.

But I'm fine with the idea that TL2 doesn't re-use all monsters from TL1 and give new design to which it takes back like skeleton, shambler.
    I really like those succubus design but as TL2 got some more realistic design (better proportions for monsters), I don't know if seeing a half **** demoness would have been a good idea.

I already believe they reduce Vale's breast from beta (I remember when I saw her in beta, was like "****, she sure gained valor")
  • RedvexRedvex Posts: 966
    Horses :(
  • EolgEolg Posts: 174
    Good Sir-s, I appreciate your responses.
    But what I mean by being "Still" is really being there.
    Not modded. :)
    I already believe they reduce Vale's breast from beta (I remember when I saw her in beta, was like "****, she sure gained valor")

Laughed at this. I want to see that "valor". :twisted:
    Redvex wrote:
    Horses :(

Are there horses? :shock:
  • Well, if you're going to say horses, I'd say cows... although that wasn't TL1 :P
  • Dark Zealots. Because I really really miss getting killed from full health by half of a single poison bolt salvo and getting 1-shotted by an undodgeable, instantly-travelling lightning bolt crit with infinite range.
    Like, the one thing I was really hoping Torchlight 2 would have different is to not have a monster like that for the endgame '>_> And it doesn't anywhere which is cool.

I keep thinking of a few monsters from the first game, but they're either in the second game too or they're just monsters I didn't like which aren't in the second game.

... Maybe Brink? *shot*
    a +health gear a day keeps the death screen away
  • embermanemberman Posts: 729
    Torchlight 2 has plenty of one-shots, just not from dark zealots. What I really miss is the pygmy things from Torchlight's Estheria region, or Gar the Shadow Vault quest-giver. The noises they made were so cute. They were like little evil teddy bears with sharp sticks trying to poke you to death.
  • emberman wrote:
    Torchlight 2 has plenty of one-shots, just not from dark zealots.

But they're nothing like the Zealot's "yo, imma charge up my spell for something like .8s, then I'm gonna do my non-reflectable move that instantly hits you even if I'm not in the screen anymore, and also even if you had 10 minions in the way, while it conveniently isn't the same element as my other attack so you can't even stack elemental socketables specifically against me out of everything that easily".

Torchlight 2 has waaay more moves you can escape from in general, actually.

I remember that in the first game, I had started a Destroyer just for his projectile reflection summon and gear, just to deal with the Zealot's poison bolt move (was there even a lot of reflectable stuff besides that?). Then I had a just-acquired orange disenchanted at the enchantment shrine which wiped off all of its stats and ragequit.
    emberman wrote:
    Torchlight 2 has plenty of one-shots, just not from dark zealots. What I really miss is the pygmy things from Torchlight's Estheria region, or Gar the Shadow Vault quest-giver. The noises they made were so cute. They were like little evil teddy bears with sharp sticks trying to poke you to death.
    Zunda kar!

Zanats.
    a +health gear a day keeps the death screen away
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭
    They actually didn't change the model -- the size is the same. It was the texture they changed; they added a bit more to her outfit. She had a lot more of her cleavage showing in the beta, to the point where it looked like her uniform couldn't possibly hold everything in (without some sort of hidden adhesive, anyway).

What's that? "But Arkham!" I can hear the forumites plaintively call out. "Screenshots or it didn't happen!" Well, all right, if you insist.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
    Dark Zealots. Because I really really miss getting killed from full health by half of a single poison bolt salvo and getting 1-shotted by an undodgeable, instantly-travelling lightning bolt crit with infinite range.
    Like, the one thing I was really hoping Torchlight 2 would have different is to not have a monster like that for the endgame '>_> And it doesn't anywhere which is cool.

I keep thinking of a few monsters from the first game, but they're either in the second game too or they're just monsters I didn't like which aren't in the second game.

... Maybe Brink? *shot*

Now I remember their name! Dark Zealots.
    I want to avenge my Alchemist with my Engineer! :twisted:

Brink and Syl as undead! :twisted:
  • Arkham wrote:
    They actually didn't change the model -- the size is the same. It was the texture they changed; they added a bit more to her outfit. She had a lot more of her cleavage showing in the beta, to the point where it looked like her uniform couldn't possibly hold everything in (without some sort of hidden adhesive, anyway).

What's that? "But Arkham!" I can hear the forumites plaintively call out. "Screenshots or it didn't happen!" Well, all right, if you insist.

Ahaha, thanks for clarification. I did take screenshot but I deleted everything on game release. Is there a way to get back beta data ?
    Arkham wrote:

May be the reason why she hits monsters easily, they're distracted. LOL. :D
  • D2HansD2Hans Posts: 3,024 ✭✭
    Finraziel wrote:
    Well, if you're going to say horses, I'd say cows... although that wasn't TL1 :P

We Need Sacred Cow Level :mrgreen:
    "Six... one, six... the nuuuumber ooof the beeeaaast!"
  • fede1989fede1989 Posts: 263
    Dark Zealots, maybe not as monsters but as an NPC, some of hte drawen robots were very cool, goblin hounds, and also TL1 elementals, they were way cooler than TL2 elementals
    forumskills.gif
    TL2 Legit Vainillla player
    Lore from TL2 (Items lore)
    D2Hans wrote:
    Finraziel wrote:
    Well, if you're going to say horses, I'd say cows... although that wasn't TL1 :P

We Need Sacred Cow Level :mrgreen:

Sacred Horses, for the Torchlight touch. :mrgreen:
    edited May 2013
    xiaomingzc wrote:
    -- removed by moderator --

What the ffff?
  • D2HansD2Hans Posts: 3,024 ✭✭
    @Eolg
    He/she is just a spambot.
    "Six... one, six... the nuuuumber ooof the beeeaaast!"
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭
    Ahaha, thanks for clarification. I did take screenshot but I deleted everything on game release. Is there a way to get back beta data ?
    Dude, if you're going to go to those lengths just to see some pixelated skin, why don't you just grab Vale's textures and use Pshop or gimp?

Personally, I don't get why people mode **** skins for these characters. I'm glad they changed it. The uniform still looks dumb showing as much skin as it does. I mean, she's out in wild. Why the **** isn't she wearing more armor?
    I actually don't care, I just say this stuff because It probably makes Jbeck roll his eyes
    ItfooQF.png