Respec

AeszaAesza Posts: 61
edited February 2013 in TL2 General Discussions
Since I assume of no other way to respec, besides RapidRespec, will this flag me?

Comments

• DocSunDocSun Posts: 126
    You can use rapid respec and as long as you constrain your character to normal level and stat points than no you wont be flagged. Rapid Respec also has a flag remover built in. Your other option is to create a new character for using the console commands, have them use the console to generate a respec potion, drop it in the shared stash and you use it on the main character. This will not flag them but I believe this only respecs skill points not stat.
    fs_overall.png
  • AeszaAesza Posts: 61
    DocSun wrote:
    You can use rapid respec and as long as you constrain your character to normal level and stat points than no you wont be flagged.

What do you mean specifically?

So, If I did the other option and stashed my Respec Potion. Will this flag my entire account or just that one character? Can I delete that character to remove the flag?

What is the RapidRespec link, just in case.

Do many players do any of these options. I feel like it's frowned upon, but also doesn't seem like anybody will know either. So my motive to do is like, eh.
  • TieryalTieryal Posts: 420
    Aesza wrote:
    What is the RapidRespec link, just in case.

Do many players do any of these options.

http://clockworkcore.org/tl2rr.html

Respecing isn't a big deal. TBH it should be in the game by default since 90% of the time first time players ruin their characters completely turning them into a flaming pile of dog ****. Where the only re-course is to spend another 60 hours on the same character. Not good game design imo.

It can also move your NG's which is really useful when you have high level chars and want to play with friends.
    **** Elite 100 Beserker NG(4) Cleared, World First.
    http://twitch.tv/tieryal
    http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=43170
  • embermanemberman Posts: 729
    I think you care too much about what random people on the Internet will think. As long as you don't plan on joining any multiplayer games that say "no respec no mods no cheats no etc etc." (of which I have not seen any) it doesn't matter. This is a game - play it how you want and go have fun already. I don't respec myself (because I am interested in the present tense of build, so how well it does at level 30 is just as important to me as how it does at level 60 and 100 / endgame) but I couldn't care less if you do.

On a side note, it would be nice if respec were to be made officially available but it should be so prohibitively expensive as to make it not really practical to use it more than once or twice. If it were too cheap one could just respec before every boss battle (in addition to the usual preparations of upgrading gear and buying potions) and I would not really enjoy having to do that.
  • AeszaAesza Posts: 61
    Thank you guys both. I have been playing. The build I took upon, I find myself not using all of the skills that I would need much more until later levels. So my sustain isn't as good as how I would like it.

I still have an unanswered Q, So, If I did the other option and stashed my Respec Potion. Will this flag my entire account or just that one character? Can I delete that character to remove the flag?
  • embermanemberman Posts: 729
    As far as I have heard, flags are per character, not per account, and using a respec potion itself does not flag your character, only the act of using a console to spawn items. An alternative approach is to find and download a shared stash file that contains respec potions. That should not flag any character, so you don't even need to make a separate character to generate the respec potion yourself.
  • Flags are per character not account. As long as you don't add extras and only keep to the points allowed for your level its fine - and RR has a tick box to protect against that. You will only be flagged if you add extras.

Runic's staff have commented on the Rapid Respec mod to say they like the work and its not frowned upon by them. They didn't want full respec in the game vanilla as they felt it would have been too easy. They settled on the 3 last points as a compromise and allowed it to be open to modders to provide the rest.
  • I think it's perfect the way it is, with respec being available, but only by jumping through some hoops. The problem with it being in the game by default is that it's seen as a legitimate tool to build your character. Not that I'd care if other people level up with one build and then switch to another, but I would probably use it myself as well. The way it is now, I feel like cheating if I'd do that. I use the respec to check out skills, but not as a gameplay mechanic to build around. Also, you'd get more buildguides that would just advise to respec at a certain point.
    The disadvantage is that some players may decide that a certain skill is worthless based on the first couple ranks of it, but I think it's a fair tradeoff. Actually, that's kind of an advantage as well, leaving some things to be discovered by more thorough players ;-)
  • DocSunDocSun Posts: 126
    Aesza wrote:
    Thank you guys both. I have been playing. The build I took upon, I find myself not using all of the skills that I would need much more until later levels. So my sustain isn't as good as how I would like it.

I still have an unanswered Q, So, If I did the other option and stashed my Respec Potion. Will this flag my entire account or just that one character? Can I delete that character to remove the flag?

Sorry I don't get on here enough to get back to you but yea basically what everyone above me said. Flags are on a per character basis. So you do not even need to delete that character as only they will be flagged. I have one I named Console specifically for testing mods/spawning respec potions for my main characters, and it does not affect anything what so ever. Allow me to post a comment from one of the Devs, snipped my part of the convo out but you get the point.
    Marsh wrote:
    If you equip an(cheated) item it will flag you, unequip it and it will unflag you. Drinking potions will not flag you as a cheater.
    fs_overall.png