Semi-Novice Beserker with some questions..

qu3kl41nqu3kl41n Posts: 2
edited February 2013 in Berserker Discussions
Greetings, I just recently reached level 100, currently on NG++ normal mode with Demigod fame. I have a few questions about how I can optimize my character going into the post game. My current base stats are..
260 Strength
125 Dexterity
50 Focus
100 Vitality

I am currently wearing 9 piece Dragonrift armor, DW Eon Shards with ice enchants and socket enchanted, socketed with 2 Giant Iron Embers.
My skills are distributed as such..
15/15 Shadowburst
15/15 Eviscerate
15/15 Shadowbind
15/15 Coldsteel Mastery
15/15 Frenzy Mastery
15/15 Shred Armor
9/15 Blood Hunger
9/15 Executioner
9/15 Red Wolf

I guess I'm using an Auto-Attack build, fast melee with claws, burst em' bind em' and grind em'. I like my play style and fist weapons.
Ok, now with that out of the way, my questions are as follows..
1. I have 15 skill points remaining unspent. Based on my skills and style, what would help me most? Improved Survivability perhaps? A buff?
2. I have 2 Sunglaze Needles sitting naked in my second slots waiting for enchantments and socketables, what would make them awesome? Gems to increase base damage? %Dual wield dmg? %crit dmg? Ice enchants or something else?
3. Are there other first weapons I should know about? I looked on the armory at some of the legendaries but the needles have the highest base DPS.
4. What skulls should I be hunting for in my "optimal" unique set gear? I have a couple skulls of Samadow and Riechlu, but are they what I need?
5. If I were to use a skull of samadow (+100% dmg secondary targets in weapon) would that allow my fist weapons to cleave or no?
6. Will giving up my Adventuring 6 Scroll be worth it? +48% potion effectiveness is pretty significant when the chips are down. I'd really like something like Dual-Wield Mastery but can't justify it if it will hurt my survivability.
7. I've ran a couple 105 dungeons and mostly gotten mediocre items. What can I do to push the truly rare and powerful item finding into high gear? I have a couple Lucky-Die if that helps. Perhaps I just gamble the gear?

That is all at this time. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. :P

Comments

• Some answers in Line

1. I have 15 skill points remaining unspent. Based on my skills and style, what would help me most? Improved Survivability perhaps? A buff?

Me: You can dial back some of you passive investments. Specifically Red Wolf (which scales with focus), and probably a few other passives here or there.
    The only skill I see you missing is Ice Shield. You could also add Howl, and or Battle Rage *if you wanted*
    I use howl and really notice the damage difference at 10/10

2. I have 2 Sunglaze Needles sitting naked in my second slots waiting for enchantments and socketables, what would make them awesome? Gems to increase base damage? %Dual wield dmg? %crit dmg? Ice enchants or something else?

ME: Sunglaze needles are pretty horrifying. With your investment in Coldsteel, I'd say invest in Cold Enchants, and leave the sockets empty until you see what you need. Crit Damage from STR caps out at 450% at 1000 Str. It can go to +%500 with a single Crit damage Rambren skull. Maybe a cit chance gem?

3. Are there other first weapons I should know about? I looked on the armory at some of the legendaries but the needles have the highest base DPS.

This is 100% your call. My only suggestion is NOT to use axes, as they will make your crit damage suffer.

4. What skulls should I be hunting for in my "optimal" unique set gear? I have a couple skulls of Samadow and Riechlu, but are they what I need?
    Liomany (damage reduction), Lovatine, Tibbeek if mana becomes an issue, Whirldbarb (crit %)

5. If I were to use a skull of samadow (+100% dmg secondary targets in weapon) would that allow my fist weapons to cleave or no?

Me: no

6. Will giving up my Adventuring 6 Scroll be worth it? +48% potion effectiveness is pretty significant when the chips are down. I'd really like something like Dual-Wield Mastery but can't justify it if it will hurt my survivability.

Me: Yes. Or you can use Rejuvenation Potions

7. I've ran a couple 105 dungeons and mostly gotten mediocre items. What can I do to push the truly rare and powerful item finding into high gear? I have a couple Lucky-Die if that helps. Perhaps I just gamble the gear?

ME: Gamble, Transmute, Run NG++++, Use treasure Hunter scroll, only buy maps with +10% magic find. Cross fingers.
  • KveldKveld Posts: 21
    Imo, you should forget about Sunglazes and gamble a bit more till you get your hands on some Iceshard Dominators. The speed is unmatched and the +23% attack speed mod would increase your DPS considerably. This also affects any DPS based skill, therefore you'll score better crits. Don't let the 'lower' base DPS listed on the weapon tooltip fool you, socketed and enchanted an Iceshard Dominator is a monster of a claw. You could stick a Rambren skull to reach the 500% crit damage bonus if you want.

LD19EjT.jpg